Lancôme Le Crayon Poudre in Natural Blonde

No Image

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a powder in a wooden pencil that has a spoolie on the end of it. The spoolie is stiff and basic but it does the job of blending the powder and brushing hairs into the place. The powder lead is not as soft as and UD eyeliner but not as hard as a maybelline red wooden eyebrow pencil.

My Eyebrows are so light they're almost white. I have honey blonde hair with strawberry blonde highlights. I need to darken my brows or it'd look like I have none.
The description on lancome's website states that this is a soft cool beige taupe but this appears a warm medium blonde color on me so it compliments my hair color well.

I wax my brows more on the thin side because the powder does have a thickening effect which I appreciate since my brows are sparser that the ends. But because I do wax and this does have that thickening effect, I have to be vigilant about regularly waxing them or the thickening effect will just be a disaster with all the incoming strays.

The staying power lasts me the day when I use either UDPP or ELF primer on my brows with ELF clear mascara over it. I get better color pay off and can build the color more with UDPP. Without primer, pencil with elf clear mascara over it lasts about 8 hours until mild fading sets in. This doesn't cake or oxidize on me.

This is pricey at $25 but it lasts me over a year. When I sharpen it I save the powder shavings in an empty gloss pot and apply with an angled brush like ecotools or Real Techniques by Samatha Chapman.

I sharpen only with a lancome sharpener because in the past when I have sharpened my lancome lip pencils with generic or other brand sharpeners, the lead would just break off and would create great waste and hassle. I finally vented to a SA and she informed me that Lancome pencils can only be sharpened with Lancome sharpeners. I don't know if this is still the case but at $25/pop, I am not taking chances.

on 9/15/2005 7:42:00 PM

This eyebrow pencil rocks! It's the perfect consistency-not too hard; not too soft. I have non-existant eyebrows, but this product gives me brows & then some; perfect color for my strawberry-blonde hair. I have 2 complaints though: #1: the price: ($24 for a ^$@^* eyebrow pencil?!? what the hell?!? is it made out of platinum & diamonds or something)?!? and #2: the spoolie brush on the end hurts like hell; I seriously think it is made of porcupine quills!!! lol!!!