Lancôme Le Crayon Poudre in Natural Blonde

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

4.3

on 4/6/2011 2:52:00 PM

This is probably the only makeup item that I have purchased again and again. It is perfect! The color is perfect the pencil is perfect, and it lasts forever! It goes on flawlessly! With medium blond eyebrows I have to fill them in and this is the only pencil I have found that looks natural. I tried the Anastasia pencil and it was awful, it actually made my eybrow hairs come out when I used it. I will always purchase this, thank goodness it usually lasts me like a year.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a powder in a wooden pencil that has a spoolie on the end of it. The spoolie is stiff and basic but it does the job of blending the powder and brushing hairs into the place. The powder lead is not as soft as and UD eyeliner but not as hard as a maybelline red wooden eyebrow pencil.

My Eyebrows are so light they're almost white. I have honey blonde hair with strawberry blonde highlights. I need to darken my brows or it'd look like I have none.
The description on lancome's website states that this is a soft cool beige taupe but this appears a warm medium blonde color on me so it compliments my hair color well.

I wax my brows more on the thin side because the powder does have a thickening effect which I appreciate since my brows are sparser that the ends. But because I do wax and this does have that thickening effect, I have to be vigilant about regularly waxing them or the thickening effect will just be a disaster with all the incoming strays.

The staying power lasts me the day when I use either UDPP or ELF primer on my brows with ELF clear mascara over it. I get better color pay off and can build the color more with UDPP. Without primer, pencil with elf clear mascara over it lasts about 8 hours until mild fading sets in. This doesn't cake or oxidize on me.

This is pricey at $25 but it lasts me over a year. When I sharpen it I save the powder shavings in an empty gloss pot and apply with an angled brush like ecotools or Real Techniques by Samatha Chapman.

I sharpen only with a lancome sharpener because in the past when I have sharpened my lancome lip pencils with generic or other brand sharpeners, the lead would just break off and would create great waste and hassle. I finally vented to a SA and she informed me that Lancome pencils can only be sharpened with Lancome sharpeners. I don't know if this is still the case but at $25/pop, I am not taking chances.

I've used this brow pencil for YEARS. While it is somewhat expensive, it lasts forever so I don't have a problem with the price. Simple to apply and the brow brush helps to blend for a more natural looking brow. IMO it doesn't look drawn on as it is powder in the form of a pencil. Perfect shade that compliments my haircolor perfectly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Grabbed this off ebay and I must say it is too dark and too soft! I am very disappointed and will add to this to my swap list! (if you want it please email!!)

on 11/26/2006 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Actually, I use this in the color taupe, but the formula is the same. I have used this for years and years. Defines well, stays on all day, and is very natural looking. Would highly recommend this product.

on 8/13/2006 11:33:00 AM

This is my new HG brow product. (Sorry MAC, Omega shadow is no longer my HG). I am a MMM with blonde hair and sparse non-arching brows. This pencil is the perfect mix of a powder in a pencil form which gives me perfect control. The colour is perfect (not too ash, not red) and blends like nothing else I've tried...beautiful!! I love the "spoolie" brush on the end for blending and slightly softening outlines. It's expensive but having nicely formed brows makes such a difference that I will continue to buy it without question. I love finding a really fantastic product :-))

Popular Brows Products