Lancôme Le Crayon Poudre in Natural Blonde

Filtered by age: 36-43
No Image

4.3

on 11/28/2012 10:57:00 AM

Thank goodness for Joy2uandme's review (under the Taupe color)! If it hadn't been for her, I would have never tried Chantecaille's eyebrow pencil. I had purchased this one and considering the price, wasn't overly impressed. Although the color was light it was a little orangey on me and definitely not a match. The concept is good; powder in a pencil form but the coverage isn't there. This would probably work if you were simply filling in or coloring existing brows but I am "recreating" brows where only skin exists due to over-plucking from when I was younger (damn you Linda Evangelista! lol). I didn't keep it long enough to have to sharpen it so I can't say if it would have fallen apart when I did but I tend to believe that it would have since so many fellow reviewers had a problem with it. If this didn't work for you, try Chantecaille.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a powder in a wooden pencil that has a spoolie on the end of it. The spoolie is stiff and basic but it does the job of blending the powder and brushing hairs into the place. The powder lead is not as soft as and UD eyeliner but not as hard as a maybelline red wooden eyebrow pencil.

My Eyebrows are so light they're almost white. I have honey blonde hair with strawberry blonde highlights. I need to darken my brows or it'd look like I have none.
The description on lancome's website states that this is a soft cool beige taupe but this appears a warm medium blonde color on me so it compliments my hair color well.

I wax my brows more on the thin side because the powder does have a thickening effect which I appreciate since my brows are sparser that the ends. But because I do wax and this does have that thickening effect, I have to be vigilant about regularly waxing them or the thickening effect will just be a disaster with all the incoming strays.

The staying power lasts me the day when I use either UDPP or ELF primer on my brows with ELF clear mascara over it. I get better color pay off and can build the color more with UDPP. Without primer, pencil with elf clear mascara over it lasts about 8 hours until mild fading sets in. This doesn't cake or oxidize on me.

This is pricey at $25 but it lasts me over a year. When I sharpen it I save the powder shavings in an empty gloss pot and apply with an angled brush like ecotools or Real Techniques by Samatha Chapman.

I sharpen only with a lancome sharpener because in the past when I have sharpened my lancome lip pencils with generic or other brand sharpeners, the lead would just break off and would create great waste and hassle. I finally vented to a SA and she informed me that Lancome pencils can only be sharpened with Lancome sharpeners. I don't know if this is still the case but at $25/pop, I am not taking chances.

I've used this brow pencil for YEARS. While it is somewhat expensive, it lasts forever so I don't have a problem with the price. Simple to apply and the brow brush helps to blend for a more natural looking brow. IMO it doesn't look drawn on as it is powder in the form of a pencil. Perfect shade that compliments my haircolor perfectly.

on 2/24/2007 12:59:00 PM

Wow! I can't believe I found an eyebrow pencil that looks natural on my dark blond/light brown colored brows. This pencil is wonderful. The color is perfect, it has a nice texture, and I like the spoolie on the end. I couldn't decide between this shade and the Taupe one, and luckily a knowledgeable SA insisted that this was the one for me. She knew what she was talking about. Natural Blonde fills in my brows but doesn't make them too dark. This one is definitely worth the price.

Popular Brows Products