Essie Sole Mate

4.3

on 7/9/2012 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Remarkable. Sole Mate is exactly as essie describes it: a creamy, rich, deep dark plum. One coat is deep and opaque, but two coats give that vampish, deep plum color I was looking for. In the type of work I do I really can't wear it on my hands, but I wear it on my toes a lot. Berry Hard is my favorite essie color, but Sole Mate is a very close runner-up. If you're an essie fan and you don't own this color, well, you should!

on 11/30/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love the color, it's blackened burgundy with a hint of purple, reminds me of black cherries someway. It's dark but not gothic and I like the glossy finish too. Downfalls: the first (and sometimes even the second) coat is always too streaky. It also chips very quickly unfortunately...

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

OMG! May I just say, that I have used several 'vampy' shades (Lincoln Park After Dark, Wicked, Vamp by Chanel) and while I do love all of those.. they are pretty similar in that they have that typical wine color to them. But, one day during a mani I decided to try this color, and it is absolutely GORGEOUS! Indoors it looks like--eh, the same dark burgandy chic color, definitely not bad, but not too special. But when you go into the sunlight-- absolutely stunning. It's like this pure blueish purple that was sooo weird because I just assumed it was a dark wine color. I adore this color and its one of my favorites of the dark vampy colors.

Popular Polishes