Essie Sole Mate

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Essie Sole Mate
Sole Mate

on 10/19/2014 2:04:00 PM

I'm quite disappointed, after seeing it in magazines pitched as a smokey plum, I was hoping for a smokey grey purple. Instead it was far far closer to a blackened red. In short think wine, not plum.
Therefore my hunt led me to Barry M 'vintage violet' which is really lovely a smokey violet , with quite a bit of grey. Ironically the comparison is heightened as 'sole mate' Is still streaky after 2 coats and Barry M was pretty much perfect after 1. Over all, it's ok, but don't order online as it's very misleading.

on 9/16/2012 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

another great essie polish, you only need one coat of this and it's opaque. it's not exactly my taste (too dark) but it's a gorgeous color. I'll probably give it to my sister, because it's not for me, but this looks beautiful on, it's maroon with a hint of purple.

on 7/9/2012 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Remarkable. Sole Mate is exactly as essie describes it: a creamy, rich, deep dark plum. One coat is deep and opaque, but two coats give that vampish, deep plum color I was looking for. In the type of work I do I really can't wear it on my hands, but I wear it on my toes a lot. Berry Hard is my favorite essie color, but Sole Mate is a very close runner-up. If you're an essie fan and you don't own this color, well, you should!

on 2/2/2007 8:55:00 PM

I love this colour! It's my first vampy shade, and now that I've gotten used to it, I think I'm addicted! It was very easy to apply. It's like a dark, dark purple.

on 1/7/2006 5:18:00 PM

I really like this shade(Cat1104 described it perfectly as "a cool-toned, blackened plum creme") but found the quality a bit disappointing. It goes on quite streaky and application is not that easy. I will probably not repurchase, I will look for a lookalike with better quality.

Popular Polishes