Curel Curel Continous Comfort Lotion Fragrance Free

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Curel Curel Continous Comfort Lotion Fragrance Free

4.3

on 6/25/2012 2:46:00 PM

Oh boy, do I like this one. Hand lotion extraordinaire. I've always had the yocks when looking at anything with "vaseline" in the name, not interested in smearing petroleum by-products on my skin. So this does have a very faint lotiony scent, if that makes any sense but it doesn't last. But it's very creamy and moisturizing, not greasy, great to use before bed and doesn't gross out the partner with its heavy perfume. Win!

on 3/26/2012 11:31:00 PM

First of all, my face is oily, but my body is very dry. This is my HG body lotion. It actually SINKS IN. So many lotions that claim to be ultra hydrating just sit on your skin and you can feel them hours later - gross. This stuff sinks in completely. My skin is extremely sensitive and reactive and this doesn't irritate it a bit; it soothes it if anything. Most importantly, it does a great job of moisturizing. I've tried most of the DS brands like Aveeno, Nivea, Vaseline, Jergens, (and more) and none of them compare to this for moisture. The price is also reasonable.

Update May 2013: Still using this. Strayed for a bit to Cetaphil lotion, which I also liked, but this sinks in better.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Wow I looove this! I bought it last week and I still can't believe how moisturized my skin feels ALL day especially during this time of year. I've used Bliss Lab's body butter and Oil of Olay Quench- both of which I love, but neither can compare to Curel's lasting power.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yay for non-clogging moisture in a cheap ($4), pretty, easy-dispensing tube :) It's supposed to be derm tested, fragrance free, hypoallergenic, and non-comodogenic, but those terms aren't always regulated. It could be more moisturizing, but then, I find that with pretty much all moisturizers. This sometimes feels a little clammy on. *Edit: I'm a tad suspicious that this might be causing breakouts. Nothing serious, but I'm not sure.

on 3/18/2006 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Okay, I was prepared to not like this after the Ultra Moisturizing required me to reapply it during the day so often (after frequent handwashings). The Ultra was sticky and not all that pleasant on the skin too.

But I'm glad I listened to the voice of the reviewers and tried this one too because it is superior to the Ultra (though I like the Orange Creamsicle fragrance to the Ultra formula). This kept my hands moisturized thru the day after applying when I got out of the shower at night.

It was a little tacky on my arms and legs if I applied to much so my clothes stuck to me...and not just at night but in the morning and until I showered (hence the 3). And it is pretty thick and petroleum-y feeling on my legs (even though it doesn't feel that way out of the bottle), especially when it gets warm. It's definitely more of a cool/cold weather product. But at least my hands weren't cracking and my fingernails breaking off like with the Aveeno lotions (terrible stuff).

Dove Night Lotion is still my HG, but this stuff is pretty decent.

Continuous Comfort Lotion, frag free ingreds:

Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Acacia Senegal Gum, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Gelatin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben continued >>

on 9/14/2005 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I purchased the fragrance free lotion so that I could use this under my various fragrances. This lotion comes packaged in a large plastic bottle w/a pump dispenser. The texture of the lotion was smooth and silky and the overall consistency nice. I didn't find this lotion to be too thick or too thin, but just right for me. It applied easily and absorbed nicely into my skin w/o feeling heavy or overdone. After using on a regular basis I did notice that my skin felt softer and it didn't seem as dry overall. I would defintely repurchase this product for continous use.

Popular Lotions / Creams