Curél Curel Continous Comfort Lotion Fragrance Free

4.3

on 8/8/2011 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

For years I've been using this product, I had strayed away from it but always come back. It does relieve the skin's driness & "quench" its thirst.
Something just hit me, if its so good, why do my skin kept feeling dry after a shower & I still have to slather so much of this stuff on.
I came to the conclusion that it has no therapeutic value, which makes sense b/c the manufacturer wants people to keep buying. Using less & less of the product b/c its working so good does not make commercial sense.
I also start adding oil into this product, be it Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Alvocado. Alas, this helps, try it, your skin will let you know.

on 11/20/2010 4:23:00 PM

This is a HG product for me. It is SO moisturizing, it absorbs quickly and lasts 24 hours. I love it during the Winter, because my skin is especially dry then. I massage it onto my nose when it starts peeling and it makes it so smooth and moisturized. You can use it all over your body/hands and it's gentle enough to use on your face, which is awesomee. I love this, I have been using it for a while and I've repurchased. It has really made my skin really smooth and soft. And since it's "24 hour", you don't have to keep reapplying during the day. I have the big bottle, it's gonna last me a LONG time. :)

I cannot live without this!

I have terrible excema breakouts, especially when winter rolls around. I used expensive perscription cortisone creams for more than 10 years. Last year I ran into this product and it INSTANTLY improved my skin. It leaves my skin so soft, and it doesn't break me out when I apply to my face. It doesn't leave an greasy residue.

I recomend the fragrance free one. If you have sensitive skin, like myself, fragrance lotions can cause rashes. I love how light it feels.

5/5

on 4/25/2008 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I don't know what I would do without this
I use this as a facial moisturizer due to my dry skin and this absorbs so quickly without a greasy feel, and moisturizers maybe even better than vaseline.
its water based and really soothes and moisturizes the skin. I I always mix this with neutrogena visibly firm spf 20 and works like a charm.

on 2/10/2008 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely dry skin, we're talkin cracked/flakey winter skin, except almost all year round! Plus eczema on my hands! This is the ONLY lotion that works perfectly for me. Nivea, Eucerin, and Ponds dry skin cream were too greasy. Vaseline intensive rescue and Vaseline with cocoa butter didn't moisturize enough and only worked for 30 minutes! Curel and Aveeno lotions moisturize without being greasy or too oily and don't take long at all to absorb. (I stick with curel because I like its scent better - though it says fragrance free, theres still a slight scent to them!) I'll never attempt to try something different again, I'd just be wasting money!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yay for non-clogging moisture in a cheap ($4), pretty, easy-dispensing tube :) It's supposed to be derm tested, fragrance free, hypoallergenic, and non-comodogenic, but those terms aren't always regulated. It could be more moisturizing, but then, I find that with pretty much all moisturizers. This sometimes feels a little clammy on. *Edit: I'm a tad suspicious that this might be causing breakouts. Nothing serious, but I'm not sure.

on 10/11/2006 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Vey good basic body lotion-did not make my skin feel greasy or too dry- perfect balance. To be honest I don't remember if I picked up the unscented or scented. but either way the small tube worked well. I'm still wanting to try the firming revitalize something :) version.

on 3/18/2006 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Okay, I was prepared to not like this after the Ultra Moisturizing required me to reapply it during the day so often (after frequent handwashings). The Ultra was sticky and not all that pleasant on the skin too.

But I'm glad I listened to the voice of the reviewers and tried this one too because it is superior to the Ultra (though I like the Orange Creamsicle fragrance to the Ultra formula). This kept my hands moisturized thru the day after applying when I got out of the shower at night.

It was a little tacky on my arms and legs if I applied to much so my clothes stuck to me...and not just at night but in the morning and until I showered (hence the 3). And it is pretty thick and petroleum-y feeling on my legs (even though it doesn't feel that way out of the bottle), especially when it gets warm. It's definitely more of a cool/cold weather product. But at least my hands weren't cracking and my fingernails breaking off like with the Aveeno lotions (terrible stuff).

Dove Night Lotion is still my HG, but this stuff is pretty decent.

Continuous Comfort Lotion, frag free ingreds:

Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Acacia Senegal Gum, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Gelatin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben continued >>

Popular Lotions / Creams