Curel Curel Continous Comfort Lotion Fragrance Free

Curel Curel Continous Comfort Lotion Fragrance Free

4.4

Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Acacia Senegal Gum, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Gelatin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used this for many years and liked it very much. My skin is very dry and I react to all kinds of things (aloe, herbal extracts/oils, shea butter, sodium hydroxide, fragrances, etc.), so I'm very limited in what I can use. A few years ago, I developed a form of eczema on my hands and it took me forever to figure out what was causing it...as it turns out, I'm allergic (although, I never was previously) to the fabric softener type ingredients used in some body washes, most hair conditioners, and some lotions. This unfortunately, uses those types of ingredients (although I think it's a milder version), and I once I stopped using this, as well as few other products, my hands have cleared up. I think this is a great lotion, but if you are allergic to fabric softener, it's probably one to avoid.

on 8/8/2011 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

For years I've been using this product, I had strayed away from it but always come back. It does relieve the skin's driness & "quench" its thirst.
Something just hit me, if its so good, why do my skin kept feeling dry after a shower & I still have to slather so much of this stuff on.
I came to the conclusion that it has no therapeutic value, which makes sense b/c the manufacturer wants people to keep buying. Using less & less of the product b/c its working so good does not make commercial sense.
I also start adding oil into this product, be it Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Alvocado. Alas, this helps, try it, your skin will let you know.

Kind of thin and watery compared to other fragrance free lotions I've tried. Doesn't moisturize all that well for me. I like that it doesn't have that weird fragrance free smell to it. I don't think I liked it enough to buy it again.

Pros: cheap, moisurizing, durable packaging

Cons: flakes off and balls up, smells HORRIBLE!

Although it has no added fragrances to it, it smells terrible like Silly Putty >:P

It IS moisturizing, but you can only use a little bit of it. It will "ball up" and flake off in spots like elbows and knees (for me anyways). I usually do not review products I dislike, but this one I am no fan of. I much prefer Olay Quench to this lotion. I use it to mix with old loose shadows to make lovely cream shadows, though! Very nice for this use.

on 7/2/2010 8:31:00 AM

This product moisturizer very well. For a while in the winter, I could not use anything with a fragrance on my skin (my hands especially) because it was very dry and red from the cold air drying it out. This took care of the dryness and kept my hands soft and moistuized. However, I noticed when I put this on it would never soak up the way I wanted it to, and it left a sort of waxy coating on my skin that wouldn't go away until washed off. This lotion is definitely good for some intense moisture care, but once that moisture is restored, I'd go with a different lotion that absorbs quicker.

on 5/19/2010 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

ughh this lotion definitely has a weird smell even though it says fragrance free! I notice a lot of fragrance free lotions have unpleasant fragrance that i can't stand. It moisturizes well enough and it's not greasy so i'd give it 4 lippies. I took off one lippie, this lotion has a gross smell..period!

I wanted to love this product after reading the reviews BUT Eucerin makes my skin *so* much softer for about the same price. And there are other drugstore lotions that work as good as this for alot cheaper. This is basically a light weight moisturizer for someone with normal skin. I have dry skin, and in the winter I need something substantial like Eucerin.

on 9/7/2009 1:56:00 PM

I loved this lotion. Within a few days of using it my raw itchy winter skin had turned soft and glowy. Bye bye flakes. And I really liked that it was unscented. The only thing I wish is that it was more natural. Alas, after trying a few 'natural' moisterizers without great results I think I'll be going back to this. It sinks in almost immediately and leaves no residue. Highly recommend it.
EDIT: After buying a second bottle a few months later I have to say I'm dissapointed. Maybe they changed the formula or my skin changed but it really doesn't hydrate like the first time. My skin is flaky as if I didn't put any lotion on Will not be purchasing again

on 10/1/2007 11:34:00 PM

Eh... this cream didn't seem to provide 24-hour moisturization. It did its job for a couple of hours and then just seemed to disappear completely. I used it throughout summer.. not sure how it'll hold up during the winter.. probably not too well. Anyways, this lotion just kind of was there... nothing great, nothing horrible. I wouldn't invest in this again though.

on 4/11/2007 10:48:00 AM

I dont' get where all the POSITIVE reviews on this is coming from! I found this to be sticky once applied and does NOT absorb quickly! I put this on after i take a shower when i get off work and when i wake up in the morning it's still just SITTING on my skin! eeeewww GROSS!! this may be a good just for a hand cream.

Popular Lotions / Creams