Curél Curel Continous Comfort Lotion Fragrance Free

4.5

on 3/18/2006 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Okay, I was prepared to not like this after the Ultra Moisturizing required me to reapply it during the day so often (after frequent handwashings). The Ultra was sticky and not all that pleasant on the skin too.

But I'm glad I listened to the voice of the reviewers and tried this one too because it is superior to the Ultra (though I like the Orange Creamsicle fragrance to the Ultra formula). This kept my hands moisturized thru the day after applying when I got out of the shower at night.

It was a little tacky on my arms and legs if I applied to much so my clothes stuck to me...and not just at night but in the morning and until I showered (hence the 3). And it is pretty thick and petroleum-y feeling on my legs (even though it doesn't feel that way out of the bottle), especially when it gets warm. It's definitely more of a cool/cold weather product. But at least my hands weren't cracking and my fingernails breaking off like with the Aveeno lotions (terrible stuff).

Dove Night Lotion is still my HG, but this stuff is pretty decent.

Continuous Comfort Lotion, frag free ingreds:

Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Acacia Senegal Gum, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Gelatin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben continued >>

on 10/11/2006 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Vey good basic body lotion-did not make my skin feel greasy or too dry- perfect balance. To be honest I don't remember if I picked up the unscented or scented. but either way the small tube worked well. I'm still wanting to try the firming revitalize something :) version.

on 1/18/2008 12:43:00 PM

I usually use Aveeno body lotion, but I found this Curel lotion on sale. I have sensitive skin, so I liked that it had no fragrance. I was worried about it moisturizing my super-dry legs, but it worked wonderfully! And my favorite part is that it's absorbed quickly and isn't slimy on my legs; it actually feels like I don't have much lotion on when, in fact, I put on a generous amount so it can last me all day -- which it does. I stocked up on this lotion while it was on sale, and will continue to use!

5/5/08 update: I have started using this lotion as my facial moisturizer. I bought a bunch of moisturizers for my dry, sensitive skin, but none worked -- either they stopped working by lunch, or they were too greasy. I was so frustrated that I turned to Curel, and read on the bottle that it's gentle enough for your face, and it's so true! This is my new facial moisturizer!

on 11/21/2008 10:26:00 AM

This lotion continues to moisturize all day because it has time released moisturizers!! Where have you been all my life? I had no idea I could love a no frills product this way, but it's the absolute best lotion. It seals in moisture and it's not greasy at all and absorbs quickly. What more could you want in a lotion? I don't have severely dry skin, and I never will after using this. It's an all over body product, and for those who are sensitive to fragrance this version is for you.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

HG!!!!! I LOVE this! I have tried so many lotions that are either drying (hello....I WANT moisture!) or greasy and this is neither! I've been using this for years and it is wonderful! It dries quickly and is never greasy. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and moisturized. It is also very gentle which is great for my sensitive skin. ALSO...it can be used on the face! It is sensitive enough to be used on the face and I have had to do that before in the winter. I usually have combo/oily skin that is sensitive and prone to breakouts/clogged pores but every now and then in the harsh winters, I need more moisture. Many regular moisturizers break me out and are too greasy but not this! I have never had a breakout or clogged pores from using this on my face...just avoid the eye area. This is wonderful and beats any other brand hands down!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I stumbled across this lotion at my friend's house. I just got a new tattoo and needed an unscented lotion to apply to it. (I left my creamy Vaseline lotion at home). When she handed me the Curel, I was doubtful. It appeared too thin and watery to do my peeling ink any justice. I tend to be of the mind that the thicker the lotion, the better the moisturizing properties. Boy, did this lotion prove me wrong! It moisturized way better than my former HG Vaseline lotion and I ran right out to buy my own bottle. Healed my tattoo perfectly (I was having peeling problems with my former lotion) and of course is great as an all over lotion as well. Not greasy at all, but doesn't leave you feeling dry either. Love that it's unscented and doesn't clash with my perfume. Will definitely purchase again.

I wanted to love this product after reading the reviews BUT Eucerin makes my skin *so* much softer for about the same price. And there are other drugstore lotions that work as good as this for alot cheaper. This is basically a light weight moisturizer for someone with normal skin. I have dry skin, and in the winter I need something substantial like Eucerin.

Adore this lotion, will not use any other for hands, absorbs quickly, no irritating scent! Love it!!

Popular Lotions / Creams