Curél Curel Continous Comfort Lotion Fragrance Free

Curél Curel Continous Comfort Lotion Fragrance Free

4.4

on 9/14/2005 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I purchased the fragrance free lotion so that I could use this under my various fragrances. This lotion comes packaged in a large plastic bottle w/a pump dispenser. The texture of the lotion was smooth and silky and the overall consistency nice. I didn't find this lotion to be too thick or too thin, but just right for me. It applied easily and absorbed nicely into my skin w/o feeling heavy or overdone. After using on a regular basis I did notice that my skin felt softer and it didn't seem as dry overall. I would defintely repurchase this product for continous use.

on 12/8/2005 3:08:00 AM

i love the creamy texture when applied. my friend gave me a sample coz i was having dry patches on my skin coz of the weather. after e tried it, i bought a large pump dispenser the next day coz it was really effective. word of advice though, apply it at night before you sleep so when you wake up, you have silky, smooth skin. i dont advice applying it on your whole body during the day because the texture is quite heavy, its gonna make you feel uncomfortable, especially on warmer weather. but can i just say that im way happier with curel than my bodyshop body butter, and curel is even cheaper by 10 bucks i think. i highly recommend it!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My first Curel purchase and I loved it so much, I bought two other Curel lotions in the blue bottle. I definately noticed a difference in the smoothness and moisture level of my skin. I don't know if it lasts 24 hours but if you use it on your hands it makes it SOOO soft. In fact, I put some on my hand and 20 mins later shook the hand of a stranger. His remark was "WOW! your hands are so soft!" I knew this was a keeper. I also wash my hands a lot because I'm a nursing student and my skin flakes by the end of the shift. This stuff is a cure for my scaly hands (the Chicago winter is also brutal). I apply this several times a day and never get parched dry skin that I used to with other creams. RAVE!

on 12/20/2005 10:10:00 PM

I originally purchased this product for my healing tattoo. I have now been using it on my body, hands, and face for about a month. It absorbs quickly, is not greasy, and does not break me out. This has become my HG "everything" lotion. I have thown all my others away! Highly recommended.

on 12/23/2005 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This unfortunately is not moisturizing enough for me in the winter. My body skin is so dry now I have eczema and desperately need moisture. I slathered a couple of coats of this after shower and went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night with itchy skin. When I use Cetaphil it lasts me through the night so I'll stick to that until I find a heavy duty moisturizer.

On the plus side, this soaks in well and is non-greasy and non-sticky. It makes my skin feel nice and smooth to the touch. I think this might be a good lotion for the summer when my skin is not too dry.

Ingredients:

Aqua, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl palmitate, Cety alcohol, Butyrospermum parkii, Acacia senegal gum, Dimethicone, Sodium chloride, Gelatin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. continued >>

This stuff works great on my dry legs!

This is one of the best body lotions I have ever tried. It sinks right into your skin, leaving it moisturized for a long time. There is no smell, not even that yucky, plastic smell that you often find with unscented products. So it won't bother you at night or interfere with your perfume. It's also pretty cheap and comes in a nice, baby blue bottle. I also love that it has a pump for convenience. Love it!

on 3/18/2006 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Okay, I was prepared to not like this after the Ultra Moisturizing required me to reapply it during the day so often (after frequent handwashings). The Ultra was sticky and not all that pleasant on the skin too.

But I'm glad I listened to the voice of the reviewers and tried this one too because it is superior to the Ultra (though I like the Orange Creamsicle fragrance to the Ultra formula). This kept my hands moisturized thru the day after applying when I got out of the shower at night.

It was a little tacky on my arms and legs if I applied to much so my clothes stuck to me...and not just at night but in the morning and until I showered (hence the 3). And it is pretty thick and petroleum-y feeling on my legs (even though it doesn't feel that way out of the bottle), especially when it gets warm. It's definitely more of a cool/cold weather product. But at least my hands weren't cracking and my fingernails breaking off like with the Aveeno lotions (terrible stuff).

Dove Night Lotion is still my HG, but this stuff is pretty decent.

Continuous Comfort Lotion, frag free ingreds:

Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Acacia Senegal Gum, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Gelatin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben continued >>

on 3/27/2006 3:45:00 PM

Not sure about the new packaging, because it threw me off when I went looking for a new bottle. But hands down, this is the best drugstore lotion I have used.

My skin is VERY dry, and I've always turned to Curel. I like the texture, the way it goes on and quickly is absorbed into my skin, its scentlessness, and its stay factor.

I also like how I can use a light layer on my cheeks if they are too dry and flaky during the wintertime. continued >>

on 10/4/2006 3:44:00 PM

This is wonderful. It's a staple for me - I keep a bottle of this in every bathroom in my house, as well as near my kitchen sink, and a tiny tube of this in my purse. I am a constantly moisturzing my hands, so this is handy to keep nearby any place with a sink! I also slather this over my entire body after every shower. It absorbs quickly and leavs with soft skin! I buy the frangrance free version, and my husband uses it on his face, too. Not sure I would go that far (although if I discover a dry patch during the day I will use a bit of this lotion to relieve it quickly) - but overall, this is a great product.

Popular Lotions / Creams