LUSH Mask of Magnaminty

LUSH Mask of Magnaminty
Queen Helene vs. LUSH

Bentonite Gel, Kaolin, Honey (Mel), Talc, Ground Aduki Beans (Phaseolus), Glycerine, Evening Primrose Seeds (Oenothera biennis), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), *Limonene, Perfume, Chlorophyll, Methylparaben. *Naturally occurs in essential oils

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A fairly decent mask but nothing state of the art. It's a multi-tasker which doubles as a scrub when you dampen and massage it off with water...however me being me, I prefer to use an exfoliator before masking, not after, so that the mask gets to work on my skin, not the dead skin cells! I find this mask helps with hormonal acne on my chin, or the odd blemish on my cheek or forehead but not as powerful as say Avene Cleanance or Sand & Sky Pink clay, the latter of which, like Lush's, is also a multi-tasker but one that performs strongly regardless of what it is you're trying to achieve.
It's not too drying either (keep in mind I'm using the self-preserving version which contains extra honey and doesn't dry out so much).
The temporary 'flush' caused by the peppermint oil seems a bit gimmicky and I'd imagine for sensitive skin types it's a no-no. I'd much rather have a glow that lasts and is due to my skin absorbing beneficial ingredients, not a strong essential oil.
All in all an ok mask, just not one that I'd necessarily rush out to buy again.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/28/2018 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

My absolute favorite mask of all time. Had bad breakout months back, and a LUSH staff suggested this to help with unclogging of pores etc. It works wonders to detoxify my skin and even the inflammation due to pimples; subsided.

My sister gets this and sometimes lets me use it, i love how it smells and it makes me glowy and soft. Issa real spa feel.

on 5/2/2018 5:51:00 AM

When i was 12-14, i had bad acne, and then i came across this, and it completely healed my acne like magic. Within approximately a month, my acne was cleared and my skin had never felt better. I still use it today, although not as often. I wouldnt recommend this for people with sensitive skin tho. Def would repurchase

on 3/21/2018 9:36:00 AM

I LOVE this mask. It helps me combat my troubled skin, and doesn’t dry the crap out of my face. I got the self preserving one, so the honey is a nice touch for moisture. It leaves my skin clean, smooth, and soft.

A really good all-round mask. Feels amazing on the skin and all, but doesn't really focus on one thing e.g. pore cleansing or acne soothing. But really good if you just want a standard mask that's better than usual.

This mask feels good on your skin as long as u like quite cold effect. After using this product my skin feels okay, there is not any irritation except i have to remember that i can't use it on the cheeks. It burns but i think it is because of the peppermint inside.
My acne got healed but i was using also another product from Kiehls and much more.
I think this product is okay but really average.

on 1/20/2018 6:28:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Got the self preserving one. Feel no effect. Nice smell and feeling and color. Doesnt dry me out. But doesnt clean my Pores. There are better alternatives

on 1/12/2018 4:29:00 PM

Made my skin feel clean and soft.

on 1/4/2018 9:16:00 AM

This mask burned my skin and isn’t good on sensitive skin the better mask is the coffee one