LUSH Mask of Magnaminty

LUSH Mask of Magnaminty
Queen Helene vs. LUSH

Bentonite Gel, Kaolin, Honey (Mel), Talc, Ground Aduki Beans (Phaseolus), Glycerine, Evening Primrose Seeds (Oenothera biennis), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), *Limonene, Perfume, Chlorophyll, Methylparaben. *Naturally occurs in essential oils

Before I went vegan this was my favorite Lush mask. I'm so sad that it contains honey, and I wish they'd make a vegan version of this. First of all the smell is lovely, and this is coming from someone who dislikes minty smells. The grains are not too rough but give my dry face a perfect scrub. I'd say this mask could be used every other day for someone with oily skin, but for me twice a week was about enough. It dries out small pimples and soothes the more cystic ones, sort of stopping them from becoming much worse. It might make your face a little red after use so this isn't something I'd throw on right right before leaving the house. Also, I didn't feel like it dried my skin out (at least not that I noticed) which is kind of rare for most acne-reducing masks. Overall a 4/5, I love this mask but it's not miraculous and I do wish it was vegan.

on 2/26/2017 2:55:00 PM

Wow. This in combination with Dark Angels make my skin look so amazing. I have a difficult skin, combination with acne scars but this mask makes my skin look so calm. I have the self preserving one and it smells heavenly. Doesn't dry up like the non-self preserving one but it does the job. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/19/2017 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I live in a humid country, so it's good to put in the fridge after buying it. I've really dull skin. Tried the first tub, and my skin never fail to feel really great after that!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this mask so desperately. But I'm allergic to parabens. I still have a whole tub so I now use it as a foot mask

on 1/30/2017 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

In my opinion, I don't think Mask of Magnaminty is worth all the hype and believe the popularity behind this mask is because it looks like cute like mint chocolate ice cream (off topic: yum), the Lush name, and of course the pleasant mint scent. I have combination skin and mild hormonal-related breakouts, the primary thing I seek in a mask is to see how effective it is in removing/extracting sebaceous filaments, but after using several times, I've noticed zero difference in my skin. I didn't find the ground beans and the seeds to be effective exfoliants for my face or body - my other face/body products that contain either ground sugar, fine ground walnut shell, or fruit-derived acids are more effective at sloughing off dead skin. For those who want a better quality clay mask I'd recommend the Indian Healing Clay, which doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Mask of Magnaminty but is definitely more effective, longer lasting, and customizable.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product really is amazing on acne-prone skin. Whenever I used it my breakouts were instantly less red and had shrunk heaps. Then the next morning when I woke up they were gone. I was amazed every time I used it!

I would be careful though if you have dry skin and acne it may be a little too much for you and I would recommend that you treat your breakouts with tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar or honey as spot treatments.

on 1/18/2017 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

A little tidbit about me, I am extremely frugal when using products. I try to use as little as possible to make the product last as long as possible. So, when I was first applying this mask, I would apply an extremely thin layer. Using it that way, of course, I didn't think it was anything special. It made my skin feel smooth, but that was it. I didn't understand the huge hype. However, I noticed the expiration date was in a matter of months and that if I kept using so little I would never use it up, so I started being more generous with how much I applied on my face. I applied a nice even coat and that's when I really saw this mask doing it's job. I could feel it tingling where I had a couple pimples. After 10 minutes, I took the mask off and my skin looked absolutely beautiful. I had a 12 hour day with work and school and looked extremely tired, but when I took the mask off, I looked like I had been at the spa for the day. My skin looked so glowing and healthy! It was extremely soft and the couple pimples I had calmed down immensely. The next day, those pimples were gone. I love this mask! It's cleansing and moisturizing and makes my skin look AMAZING.

on 12/30/2016 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So my mom bought this for me for Christmas simply because "she liked the smell" - it is quite enticing by the way. I have very very dry skin and acne scarring on my forehead from picking at it. I have a lot of redness in annoying places. I tried it out twice now. Each time in the evening before bed. Once I put it on, I could already feel my skin becoming softer. The gritty parts of the product made me believe they were washing away oil and grime. I wait the allotted 5 to 10 minutes and wash off the mask. My skin literally feels like a baby's bottom. It's incredibly soft and feels clean. There is no show of redness on my face. Before I get into bed I put on my Neutrogena moisturizer as my skin dries overnight. Finally I go to sleep, hoping to find my skin just as soft in the morning. I wake up and my skin is glowing. Literally glowing. My skin is remarkable even toned and (although not as soft) softly moistened. I absolutely love this product and can't wait to use it again and again and again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I love this mask soo much! I use it once or twice a week and it leaves my face feeling really cleansed and oil free. It also gets rid of redness and some acne. It also works on my back, getting rid of any pimples when i get them. I love the smell of this mask and will certainly keep on buying it.

on 12/14/2016 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This mask is absolutely useless.it did nothing for my skin and it doesnt feel good on the skin at all.i ended up throwing it.