LUSH Mask of Magnaminty

LUSH Mask of Magnaminty
Queen Helene vs. LUSH

Bentonite Gel, Kaolin, Honey (Mel), Talc, Ground Aduki Beans (Phaseolus), Glycerine, Evening Primrose Seeds (Oenothera biennis), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), *Limonene, Perfume, Chlorophyll, Methylparaben. *Naturally occurs in essential oils

on 11/18/2017 10:16:00 AM

I never used to suffer from acne breakouts before. However, the past month and a half I have been battling breakouts (comedones, cystic acne and blackheads) in my T-zone like never before.

Did this mask solve the problem and clear my acne? No. Acne treatments including antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid are mainly to thank for the healing of it.

HOWEVER, I am continuously enjoying and using this mask. It comes at a very good price considering the amount (a small pot of 125g came at approx 7 euros here in Spain) and has lasted me more than 2,5 weeks with more than half of it left.

I find myself using it almost every night, focussing mainly on my T-zone. The reason for this continued use is the calming effect it has had on my skin. Inflamed acne along with harsh acne treatments turn your skin into a sensitive mess and the peppermint in the mask appears to help in decreasing the inflammation in the spots.

It feels fresh and makes your skin feel clear, there are no miracle products but this is a cheap, calming and fresh addition in your cleansing routine, should you be looking for one.

TIP: I found the ingredients to act better when applied onto dampened skin, rather than a patted dry skin.

I bought this for the times when i need to relax and when i'm stressed out. It's the first face mask i have ever bought. My skin isn't really acne prone but with this mask, while it left my skin feeling clean and soft, within 5 minutes I already felt bumps on skin, which later turned into pimples. I tried the mask a second time just to see if it was a one off thing but the same happened.

I'm not saying this is a bad product, it just doesn't suit me. I looked on this website to see if the same happened with anyone else which it did so I just decided to drop a review for other people wondering. :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is probably the only item from lush that I would definitely repurchase. In fact, it has become a vital staple in my skin care routine. It's a very rich, soothing mask that leaves my skin feeling tingly-clean, soft and hydrated. It has helped tremendously through the summer, as I've been troubled with much oiler skin since my recent move to a very hot and humid State. It has a lovely cooling effect while wearing it and smells yummy too! I just love it!

on 8/22/2017 11:04:00 AM

*this review is for the self-preserving version of this face mask*

This is hands down the best face mask I have ever tried! I have been struggling with acne for years (even after two sessions of Accutane/isothretinoin) and I honestly wish I had discovered this mask sooner. I love the concept behind Lush, but unfortunately I have extremely acne prone skin, which is why I avoid all products with almond oil or coconut oil, two ingredients that are commonly used in Lush products. Mask of Magnaminty does not contain either so I decided to give this a go and I am so happy I did! This mask soothes my breakouts, hydrates my skin, cleans my pores and makes my skin look so glowy! And it smells so nice! I love that the main ingredient is honey, which is antibacterial, and that it contains kaolin and bentonite, which are known for their purifying properties. I also like that no artificial preservatives whatsoever were added. This mask has earned its place in my skin care routine and it never ceases to amaze me... I reach for it a few times a week, leave it on for about ten minutes and it always manages to decrease my breakouts. After trying a small pot, I quickly moved on to buying a full size pot and I will most certainly repurchase. Don't let the price keep you from trying this mask, you actually get quite a lot of product, especially if you buy the full size pot.

I know that some people think that the original version of Mask of Magnaminty does a better job at cleaning pores, but I think I'll stick with mine. The orginal version looked very stiff when I saw it at the Lush shop, I've no idea how anyone can spread such a thick paste onto their face, not to mention wash it off afterwards. I've also heard that the original version tends to dry your skin out, which I don't like at all. I'll just keep using my all natural, soothing, purifying, hydrating and self-preserving mask!

If you have problematic skin, if you've got acne, cystic acne like me, and it's an ongoing war each morning fighting off the attack, get this product. I bought this with dark angels, and got a sample of skin drink (my skin is incredibly dry from all the harsh acne high end products I've been trying. It hasn't even been three days since I got these items and I'm already seeing results. The grease lightening is also amazing at fighting pimples, within a few hours a sore pimple goes down dramatically. I hope you all have as much luck with these products as I am having. Try them you won't regret it

on 11/9/2017 5:13:00 AM

Oily-comibanated skin. Great mask, afer using I have feeling of really clean and smooth skin. It doesn’t dry my skin, so sometimes I don’t even use any face cream. I’m using it 2-3 times a week, leave it for 45 min and and then wash face and you will see great results. I’m using it over 6-7 months and blackheads are missing. Definitly I will buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Now that it's summer and hot, my skin has become quite oily and prone to breakouts. Normally I have dry skin, but lately it's been so hot that my face has become a greasy mess with some pimples popping up on my T-zone.
I decided to use this mask, after reading so many great reviews.

I used this mask before going to bed and initially I felt a cooling and tingling sensation that later on felt a little like it was burning a little, which got me worried. It was nothing painful, but a very minty fresh sensation. I left the mask on for around 15 minutes and rinsed it off with luke warm water.

I could see instantly that the redness on my skin was gone and I just used the Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Lotion to moisturise my skin before going to bed. The next morning all my pimples had dried out and started to heal. My skin felt soft and refreshed.

I am super happy with this product and highly recommend it. It's quite expensive, but at the same time it really works, so in the end you are saving money on having to buy loads of different products. Also you can get samples fro Lush, which is great.

was one of the first things I have ever bought from lush and overall I am in love with the store, great vibes, products and smell. I read other reviews online after buying this to see what it did for other people, and the reviews said it was great for acne and pimple prone skin. I used it for the first time last night and my skin is still quite red and I broke out today. the mask is a good price, nicely packaged and smells amazing but didn't see a difference. I will continue to use this product as the reviews were glowing and I know some products take some time to truly work.

Broke me out so bad! I don't have acne prone skin and don't break out from a skincare product that often but this is a total tragic!

on 8/9/2017 2:27:00 PM

I have been using this product for about a month now and can not praise it enough. I have very acne prone skin and have tried everything, from shop bought and over the counter creams, lotions, face washes etc, to medicated, doctor prescribed creams and anti biotics and nothing has ever worked, no matter how strong. Nearly everything I have tried in the past has also left my skin red and very dry. I was so fed up that nothing was working and was ready to give up and jest accept the fact that nothing was going to get rid of them when I found this face mask. It is amazing. Prevents and treats breakouts. I am very prone to stress breakouts especially, now if I have had a rough day I use this mask, leave it on for 20 minutes, and voila! No spots the next day! I actually want to cry over how happy I am with this face mask, it is so hydrating and just leaves your face feeling a whole new level of clean and clear. I am in shock at having FINALLY found something that works for me! can really see this being a product I use for life, even when my acne is no longer a problem as it just leaves your skin in the most perfect condition. I can not recommend this to anyone enough!