LUSH Mask of Magnaminty

LUSH Mask of Magnaminty
Queen Helene vs. LUSH

Bentonite Gel, Kaolin, Honey (Mel), Talc, Ground Aduki Beans (Phaseolus), Glycerine, Evening Primrose Seeds (Oenothera biennis), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), *Limonene, Perfume, Chlorophyll, Methylparaben. *Naturally occurs in essential oils

on 5/27/2017 8:00:00 PM

When I was about 10 I started getting acne, and nothing would work. My mom brought me to LUSH and she got me this mask. It did a good job of making my skin clear, but my skin eventually got used to it or they changed the ingredients and it didn't work at all anymore. It's quite drying and it stings your skin initially. I think you build tolerance to it eventually. It's really thick and rubbing it in a lot is a horrible idea (it's so scratchy!). A pot lasts for a loooong time. I had a bunch of it and because it didn't work for me anymore, I gave it to my cousin and a friend to try out. Cousin has very sensitive, dry skin. It stung her skin so bad her eyes began to tear up. She was red as a tomato after taking it off. My friend was similar but she noticed her acne didn't look as bad afterwards. The smell is really strong but really nice (minty). I hated the feeling of it on my skin, but some people like it. It clogged up my sink and ruined it, no amount of drain cleaner could get the damn stuff out.

on 5/16/2017 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This face mask is a god send!!!! I use it regularly and barely ever get spots anymore. I have noticed that if I have been away for a few days and haven't been using it spots start to appear, but as soon as I get it back on their gone again. Amazing for the price, love love love!

on 5/2/2017 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you have sensitive skin like I do, ─▒ don't recommend buying this product. It irritated my skin for the first 3-4 times I applied it and I had red blemished all over my cheeks and near my jawline. The scent is quite disturbing as well: it smells like peppermint. The texture is very lumpy and it hardens on your face in a very chunky way. I know for fact that it helps clear out acne and treats acne prone skin very well. However, if your skin is sensitive and if you don't have acne, this product is not for you.

Before I went vegan this was my favorite Lush mask. I'm so sad that it contains honey, and I wish they'd make a vegan version of this. First of all the smell is lovely, and this is coming from someone who dislikes minty smells. The grains are not too rough but give my dry face a perfect scrub. I'd say this mask could be used every other day for someone with oily skin, but for me twice a week was about enough. It dries out small pimples and soothes the more cystic ones, sort of stopping them from becoming much worse. It might make your face a little red after use so this isn't something I'd throw on right right before leaving the house. Also, I didn't feel like it dried my skin out (at least not that I noticed) which is kind of rare for most acne-reducing masks. Overall a 4/5, I love this mask but it's not miraculous and I do wish it was vegan.

on 2/26/2017 2:55:00 PM

Wow. This in combination with Dark Angels make my skin look so amazing. I have a difficult skin, combination with acne scars but this mask makes my skin look so calm. I have the self preserving one and it smells heavenly. Doesn't dry up like the non-self preserving one but it does the job. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/19/2017 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I live in a humid country, so it's good to put in the fridge after buying it. I've really dull skin. Tried the first tub, and my skin never fail to feel really great after that!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this mask so desperately. But I'm allergic to parabens. I still have a whole tub so I now use it as a foot mask

on 1/30/2017 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

In my opinion, I don't think Mask of Magnaminty is worth all the hype and believe the popularity behind this mask is because it looks like cute like mint chocolate ice cream (off topic: yum), the Lush name, and of course the pleasant mint scent. I have combination skin and mild hormonal-related breakouts, the primary thing I seek in a mask is to see how effective it is in removing/extracting sebaceous filaments, but after using several times, I've noticed zero difference in my skin. I didn't find the ground beans and the seeds to be effective exfoliants for my face or body - my other face/body products that contain either ground sugar, fine ground walnut shell, or fruit-derived acids are more effective at sloughing off dead skin. For those who want a better quality clay mask I'd recommend the Indian Healing Clay, which doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Mask of Magnaminty but is definitely more effective, longer lasting, and customizable.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product really is amazing on acne-prone skin. Whenever I used it my breakouts were instantly less red and had shrunk heaps. Then the next morning when I woke up they were gone. I was amazed every time I used it!

I would be careful though if you have dry skin and acne it may be a little too much for you and I would recommend that you treat your breakouts with tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar or honey as spot treatments.

on 1/18/2017 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

A little tidbit about me, I am extremely frugal when using products. I try to use as little as possible to make the product last as long as possible. So, when I was first applying this mask, I would apply an extremely thin layer. Using it that way, of course, I didn't think it was anything special. It made my skin feel smooth, but that was it. I didn't understand the huge hype. However, I noticed the expiration date was in a matter of months and that if I kept using so little I would never use it up, so I started being more generous with how much I applied on my face. I applied a nice even coat and that's when I really saw this mask doing it's job. I could feel it tingling where I had a couple pimples. After 10 minutes, I took the mask off and my skin looked absolutely beautiful. I had a 12 hour day with work and school and looked extremely tired, but when I took the mask off, I looked like I had been at the spa for the day. My skin looked so glowing and healthy! It was extremely soft and the couple pimples I had calmed down immensely. The next day, those pimples were gone. I love this mask! It's cleansing and moisturizing and makes my skin look AMAZING.