LUSH Mask of Magnaminty

LUSH Mask of Magnaminty
Queen Helene vs. LUSH

Bentonite Gel, Kaolin, Honey (Mel), Talc, Ground Aduki Beans (Phaseolus), Glycerine, Evening Primrose Seeds (Oenothera biennis), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), *Limonene, Perfume, Chlorophyll, Methylparaben. *Naturally occurs in essential oils

If you have problematic skin, if you've got acne, cystic acne like me, and it's an ongoing war each morning fighting off the attack, get this product. I bought this with dark angels, and got a sample of skin drink (my skin is incredibly dry from all the harsh acne high end products I've been trying. It hasn't even been three days since I got these items and I'm already seeing results. The grease lightening is also amazing at fighting pimples, within a few hours a sore pimple goes down dramatically. I hope you all have as much luck with these products as I am having. Try them you won't regret it

on 8/22/2017 11:04:00 AM

*this review is for the self-preserving version of this face mask*

This is hands down the best face mask I have ever tried! I have been struggling with acne for years (even after two sessions of Accutane/isothretinoin) and I honestly wish I had discovered this mask sooner. I love the concept behind Lush, but unfortunately I have extremely acne prone skin, which is why I avoid all products with almond oil or coconut oil, two ingredients that are commonly used in Lush products. Mask of Magnaminty does not contain either so I decided to give this a go and I am so happy I did! This mask soothes my breakouts, hydrates my skin, cleans my pores and makes my skin look so glowy! And it smells so nice! I love that the main ingredient is honey, which is antibacterial, and that it contains kaolin and bentonite, which are known for their purifying properties. I also like that no artificial preservatives whatsoever were added. This mask has earned its place in my skin care routine and it never ceases to amaze me... I reach for it a few times a week, leave it on for about ten minutes and it always manages to decrease my breakouts. After trying a small pot, I quickly moved on to buying a full size pot and I will most certainly repurchase. Don't let the price keep you from trying this mask, you actually get quite a lot of product, especially if you buy the full size pot.

I know that some people think that the original version of Mask of Magnaminty does a better job at cleaning pores, but I think I'll stick with mine. The orginal version looked very stiff when I saw it at the Lush shop, I've no idea how anyone can spread such a thick paste onto their face, not to mention wash it off afterwards. I've also heard that the original version tends to dry your skin out, which I don't like at all. I'll just keep using my all natural, soothing, purifying, hydrating and self-preserving mask!

on 8/9/2017 2:27:00 PM

I have been using this product for about a month now and can not praise it enough. I have very acne prone skin and have tried everything, from shop bought and over the counter creams, lotions, face washes etc, to medicated, doctor prescribed creams and anti biotics and nothing has ever worked, no matter how strong. Nearly everything I have tried in the past has also left my skin red and very dry. I was so fed up that nothing was working and was ready to give up and jest accept the fact that nothing was going to get rid of them when I found this face mask. It is amazing. Prevents and treats breakouts. I am very prone to stress breakouts especially, now if I have had a rough day I use this mask, leave it on for 20 minutes, and voila! No spots the next day! I actually want to cry over how happy I am with this face mask, it is so hydrating and just leaves your face feeling a whole new level of clean and clear. I am in shock at having FINALLY found something that works for me! can really see this being a product I use for life, even when my acne is no longer a problem as it just leaves your skin in the most perfect condition. I can not recommend this to anyone enough!

Broke me out so bad! I don't have acne prone skin and don't break out from a skincare product that often but this is a total tragic!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Now that it's summer and hot, my skin has become quite oily and prone to breakouts. Normally I have dry skin, but lately it's been so hot that my face has become a greasy mess with some pimples popping up on my T-zone.
I decided to use this mask, after reading so many great reviews.

I used this mask before going to bed and initially I felt a cooling and tingling sensation that later on felt a little like it was burning a little, which got me worried. It was nothing painful, but a very minty fresh sensation. I left the mask on for around 15 minutes and rinsed it off with luke warm water.

I could see instantly that the redness on my skin was gone and I just used the Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Lotion to moisturise my skin before going to bed. The next morning all my pimples had dried out and started to heal. My skin felt soft and refreshed.

I am super happy with this product and highly recommend it. It's quite expensive, but at the same time it really works, so in the end you are saving money on having to buy loads of different products. Also you can get samples fro Lush, which is great.

was one of the first things I have ever bought from lush and overall I am in love with the store, great vibes, products and smell. I read other reviews online after buying this to see what it did for other people, and the reviews said it was great for acne and pimple prone skin. I used it for the first time last night and my skin is still quite red and I broke out today. the mask is a good price, nicely packaged and smells amazing but didn't see a difference. I will continue to use this product as the reviews were glowing and I know some products take some time to truly work.

on 6/2/2017 1:06:00 PM

This thing is seriously a magic! I used to had a LOT of acne around my hairline and no matter what i do it never stopped until i tried this mask and my acne seriously gone like all gone. This, combine with lush tea tree spray are seriously the only thing that can handle my breakout. Use it almost everyday and it never cause any drying skin. Love it. will purchase many of it later. Best to leave it for just 15 minutes as it makes your skin so soft and glowing.

on 5/27/2017 8:00:00 PM

When I was about 10 I started getting acne, and nothing would work. My mom brought me to LUSH and she got me this mask. It did a good job of making my skin clear, but my skin eventually got used to it or they changed the ingredients and it didn't work at all anymore. It's quite drying and it stings your skin initially. I think you build tolerance to it eventually. It's really thick and rubbing it in a lot is a horrible idea (it's so scratchy!). A pot lasts for a loooong time. I had a bunch of it and because it didn't work for me anymore, I gave it to my cousin and a friend to try out. Cousin has very sensitive, dry skin. It stung her skin so bad her eyes began to tear up. She was red as a tomato after taking it off. My friend was similar but she noticed her acne didn't look as bad afterwards. The smell is really strong but really nice (minty). I hated the feeling of it on my skin, but some people like it. It clogged up my sink and ruined it, no amount of drain cleaner could get the damn stuff out.

on 5/16/2017 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This face mask is a god send!!!! I use it regularly and barely ever get spots anymore. I have noticed that if I have been away for a few days and haven't been using it spots start to appear, but as soon as I get it back on their gone again. Amazing for the price, love love love!

on 5/2/2017 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you have sensitive skin like I do, ı don't recommend buying this product. It irritated my skin for the first 3-4 times I applied it and I had red blemished all over my cheeks and near my jawline. The scent is quite disturbing as well: it smells like peppermint. The texture is very lumpy and it hardens on your face in a very chunky way. I know for fact that it helps clear out acne and treats acne prone skin very well. However, if your skin is sensitive and if you don't have acne, this product is not for you.