LUSH Happy Hippy

LUSH Happy Hippy

3.8

Water (Aqua), Fresh Pink Grapefruit Juice (Citrus paradisi), Grapefruit Water (Citrus paradisi), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Frankincense Oil (Boswellia carterri), Lactic Acid, *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben *Occurs naturally in essential oil

I love this product! Very fresh, grapefruity scent that helps get you going in the morning, suds up nicely and doesn't dry my skin out. It is pricey ($8.90 NZD for a 100ml bottle) but it's nice once in a while for a bit of extra zing. Cleans really well. Once I've tried a few other Lush shower gels I'll definitely repurchase this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This shower gel is really not worth anyone's money. Sure, it smells great, and yeah it cleans well, but from a high end company like Lush which has a HUGE range of unique products, this is the bare minimum quality that they should meet, especially considering the price of the product. If this were a drugstore shower gel at 1/4 of the price, then I would most likely get it.

Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything special for my skin, the scent doesn't stay on my skin AT ALL, not in the shower, definitely not out of the shower, and it doesn't lather well. I have other shower gels from Lush that can last twice as long as this one. For example, Black Pearl shower gel and Sonic Death Monkey shower gel both go a really long way, they made my skin feel great, and the scent lasted for a few hours.

However, I will give this kudos for the scent. It smells very natural and it is as close to smelling like actual grapefruit as a shower gel possibly can. Its a very straight forward scent and I understand why people would like it. However, I'm someone who enjoys more complex scents so this didn't impress me all that much. It also didn't dry out my skin, so theres my two cents- I mean lippies- on this product.

To Read all 98 Reviews, Login or Join

Happy Hippy is a grapefruit scented shower gel. It smells very citrusy and tart, and is a bright scent great for the summer time or for morning showers when you need a pick me up. It is one of Lush's more inexpensive shower gels. It is a pale yellow colour and the formula is very thick, so you will only need to use a small amount of product each time. It lathers very easily and produces a lot of bubbles. It doesn't dry out my skin at all. I love the scent and it makes my shower smell lovely, however it does not stay on my skin for very long afterwards, which is the reason why I deducted a lippy. The grapefruit scent is fabulous, I just wish it was stronger. It is a very fun and happy scent,
I like to follow this up with the Body Shop Coconut Body Butter to make my skin smell like Pina Colada.

on 2/19/2016 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Possibly the first lush shower gel that I didn't love. However, I bought it as a "you need to wake up NOW" kind of shower gel for those really sleepy mornings, and it works quite well for that purpose. Other than that, I'm just feeling kind of meh about it. It's not as rich and creamy as for example the It's raining men shower gel, and it doesn't lather as well as the Rose jam one. The citrus-y scent isn't a favourite of mine, but I'll give lush kudos for it not being the standard, old, boring citrus scent at least. It has a real "zing" to it, probably because of all the grapefruit. As a wake up call it's good, but as a shower gel it's only okay, and I wouldn't repurchase.

I love the smell. A majority of the amount of love I have for this product is carried by how heavenly it smells. It's definitely a nice pick me up and I feel really clean afterwards. No reports of dry skin - I have normal skin if that helps. The packaging is practical, nice, and compact.

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be repurchasing due to it's lack of staying power. It smells great right out of the bottle in the shower but I find the smell is quickly washed away with the (very little, I might add) suds. Along with its pricey tag, I think I can find more bang for my buck when it comes to shower gel.

on 6/26/2014 3:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

One of my all time favourite Lush products - it smells like grapefruit and it's a lovely pick me up first thing in the morning :)

on 5/26/2014 10:46:00 PM

If you like citrus scents then this is a good shower gel! I feel that is lathers very well and the scent is very uplifting. The price is pretty big but I feel it's worth it.

on 3/30/2014 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff! Smells so citrusy and fresh and it perks me right up in the morning. Lathers and cleans well, and I didn't find it drying at all! The only thing that sucks is that body washes from Lush are SO expensive! Once I can cough up the cash, I'll definitely repurchase!

on 3/30/2014 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very wishy washy about this product. I love the smell of fresh grapefruit and citrus whilst using it in the shower, and feel clean after using it, but I don't like the consistency. This is the first shower gel I've ever purchased from Lush, so I'm not sure if I just got a bad batch, but I find this shower gel very runny and hard to keep on the body before it sliding right off. Although I'm not sure how much I like this product, I will buy another bottle just because of the smell and the cleanse. If the next bottle is as watery and runny as the one I am currently using I will rethink purchasing another.

First of LUSH sells very expensive products, but I find that their stuff can be a hit or miss. It's pretty pricey here in Canada - about $9.99 for the smallest 100ml bottle.
The happy hippy gel works well enough. Lathers and rinses well. It dries out you skin just a little, but that ok. I'm not really a big fan of the scent... It kinda reminds me of a fruit salad/ fruit scented cleaning product. I prefer the scent of the flying fox shower gel over this. I wouldn't repurchase... I'm giving my happy hippy bottle away.