MAC Frost - Satin Taupe

MAC Frost - Satin Taupe

4.6

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, PhenoxyethanolEye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake....

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm pretty much agreeing with the majority opinion here - this is a very nice eye shadow.
It's a neutral shade with a subtle amount of shimmer and I can imagine this suiting pretty much any complexion and eye colour.
I wear it all over my lid, and it's foolproof to apply. I use this with Artdeco eyeshadow base, and it last all day without creasing or disappearing.
It's a really pretty colour that feels elegant without being too dressy.
I'm pretty confident that I'll buy this again, because it's just so versatile and easy to apply.

on 5/1/2016 3:04:00 PM

Good basic es.goes with everything.doesn t need special skills to look good.

To Read all 1103 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have the pro refill pan of this in my palette, and I love this shade. I think it would work for most skin tones and it has the perfect amount of shimmer, without being too chunky or too flat. I use it mostly as a lid color.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This eye shadow is beautiful! Quality is consistent with other MAC products: nice amount of pigmentation. It does give a satiny, smooth, sleek look. I blindly picked this one out on a MAC website years back. I used this all up and would definitely repurchase. I prefer using this on the lid or just a touch of it in the crease, since too much frost in that area does not work for me. Anything with brown in it can be a little tricky with my cool skin tone and dark grey-blue eyes, where the colors could look "muddy," which is why I usually wear greys on my lid. However, this is one of my exceptions to the rule.

There's more of a brown base rather than a grey (on me) with this particular taupe shade, but it looks amazing. Perfect for both casual use and for a special occasion where you can give it a great night time look with black eyeliner. Maybe this will work well on certain warmed toned people, but I can see it more for cool toned since I can't see the sheerness of it showing up that well on certain people. I haven't repurchased in a while since money is tight, but I'm making a note to self to repurchase in the near future.

on 2/17/2016 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to hate how this eyeshadow looked on me all over the lid but now I love using it in the outer corner for definition or to line under my eye. It was just a matter of learning how to work with it. I like the purple undertone. before i used to think it made me look tired but used as a liner or as an outer corner shadow it is really gorgeous and could work really well on a variety of skintones. I use it nearly everyday with quarry in the crease or all over the lid and with Satin Taupe as a liner or an outer corner eyeshadow to give some definition to my look.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

WAH!!!! I so wanted to like this because it is always much talked about. I've had this a long time and just now decided to part with it. It looks like nothing on my eyes. I am NC15-NC20 when not tanned, and NC25-NC30 when tanned, and no matter tanned or not, this looks like nothing on my lids. Worn alone, with any number of primers, or topping another shadow, this just LOOK LIKE NOTHING except maybe a tiny bit of barely noticeable glitter, which, when it comes to glitter or shimmer on my lids, I can be picky about, as it has to be done right or it just looks cheap and tacky and just..glittery, not pretty, if that makes sense..?

Even if I try to build this up, it just ends up looking muddy and makes my eyes look tired. When you are 45, you don't want something to make your eyes look old and tired. This also creases on me to high heaven, again; even when using any primer.

Taupe eyeshadows can be beautiful worn alone or worked with other shades, but this particular taupe is a huge fail for me...Those who use this and love this, I am jealous!! This one was just a definite pass for me.

on 12/8/2015 5:28:00 AM

Love this color. It's so soft and pigmented. Versatile as I can wear it in my crease or on my lid and can really build on the color to make it darker if I need to. Perfect if you love smokey looks like I do. I usually don't like frosts but this is more satin to me. I just reordered this color since this is one of the few colors that I used until it was gone!

on 12/6/2015 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't know about this. It just doesn't blend well with anything I have except Satellite Dreams, but I hate frosty colours in my crease. (It makes the hoods of my eyes come forward in a bad way.) It's not noteworthy on my lids, which are often covered by the hoods. It's a nice color that blends well, but it's blah on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've recently discovered that taupe shades go really well on my eyes, so I made a quick order on mac and got this shadow along with naked lunch. To be perfectly honest, naked lunch is not worth any of the hype it gets on youtube, but satin taupe is a whole different story. The moment I swatched this I was in love. It was so smooth to touch and the pigmentation is unreal. The colour itself is the perfect taupe shade for me, a cool toned hued-brown colour with some greyish undertones. I love to wear the shadow as a crease colour but I also love wearing it on its own. I just blend it all over my lid with a fluffy brush, add some mascara, and my eye-makeup is done. It takes literally 3 minutes and its such a beautiful look. Over all, I know I will get so much use from this colour on both myself and my future clients. Will def be re-purchasing.

on 8/31/2015 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This particular colour is very popular on the internet, has great reviews and was recommended to me by a make up artist when I went to search for a shadow that would compliment a deep blue dress I have. She told me that the colour is generally flattering, but it would flatter me especially because I have cool toned skin and this is a cool toned brown-purple with silvery shine. Moreover, it would suit the deep blue dress.

This should have happened. The colour is all that, logic says it should suit me and become my personal favourite. But it didn't. I have no idea why, but it looks on me as if my eyelids are dirty and it accentuates any dark circles I might have, even with the ample use of strong concealers.

I have tried it for smokey eyes, only on the outer corner, only on the crease, I have asked a professional to do my eye make-up with this, I have had a MAC make-up artist use it on me, in case it's something wrong I am doing. Everytime I look tired and dirty with it. It just doesn't work for me.