MAC Frost - Satin Taupe

MAC Frost - Satin Taupe

4.6

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, PhenoxyethanolEye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake....

on 10/28/2016 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Taupe-aholic here. I do love my taupes and so I fully expected to love Satin Taupe... but I don't. :(

I bought the pan for five dollars after hearing the hype and am sorely disappointed on how cool and dead it looks on my eyes. I have no idea why CoverGirl's Tapestry Taupe or Wet n'Wild's eyeshadow single in 'Nutty' suits me better than Satin Taupe, but they do. Sadness.

For reference, I'm NC 33 - 35, Asian, and have yellow-beige undertones. I can wear Burberry's Rosewood without it looking as ashy or dead as Satin Taupe, which I find strange.

The texture is not very good either in my opinion. It has a stiff dryness to it which I find unusual. I am used to the level of effortless pigmentation from Viseart (yes I know I'm spoiled) but surely for my first MAC shadow, I did not expect the level of pigment to be as mediocre as it was.

Verdict: hard pass. Maybe it was a manufacturing error on my end but I care not to investigate or purchase any more MAC shadows unless they magically duplicate Shu Uemura's ME Silver 945. There are simply too many good alternatives in this day and age...

on 10/21/2016 5:10:00 AM

I have tried and tried to love this color and I just don't. It's ok, good texture, but just looks muddy and doesn't do anything for me. I've seen it on others and thought it looked nice, but I think for my coloring (NC35) it just isn't anything special. MAC has so many great shadows this isn't one of them though (for me at least)

To Read all 1104 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm pretty much agreeing with the majority opinion here - this is a very nice eye shadow.
It's a neutral shade with a subtle amount of shimmer and I can imagine this suiting pretty much any complexion and eye colour.
I wear it all over my lid, and it's foolproof to apply. I use this with Artdeco eyeshadow base, and it last all day without creasing or disappearing.
It's a really pretty colour that feels elegant without being too dressy.
I'm pretty confident that I'll buy this again, because it's just so versatile and easy to apply.

on 5/1/2016 3:04:00 PM

Good basic es.goes with everything.doesn t need special skills to look good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have the pro refill pan of this in my palette, and I love this shade. I think it would work for most skin tones and it has the perfect amount of shimmer, without being too chunky or too flat. I use it mostly as a lid color.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This eye shadow is beautiful! Quality is consistent with other MAC products: nice amount of pigmentation. It does give a satiny, smooth, sleek look. I blindly picked this one out on a MAC website years back. I used this all up and would definitely repurchase. I prefer using this on the lid or just a touch of it in the crease, since too much frost in that area does not work for me. Anything with brown in it can be a little tricky with my cool skin tone and dark grey-blue eyes, where the colors could look "muddy," which is why I usually wear greys on my lid. However, this is one of my exceptions to the rule.

There's more of a brown base rather than a grey (on me) with this particular taupe shade, but it looks amazing. Perfect for both casual use and for a special occasion where you can give it a great night time look with black eyeliner. Maybe this will work well on certain warmed toned people, but I can see it more for cool toned since I can't see the sheerness of it showing up that well on certain people. I haven't repurchased in a while since money is tight, but I'm making a note to self to repurchase in the near future.

on 2/17/2016 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to hate how this eyeshadow looked on me all over the lid but now I love using it in the outer corner for definition or to line under my eye. It was just a matter of learning how to work with it. I like the purple undertone. before i used to think it made me look tired but used as a liner or as an outer corner shadow it is really gorgeous and could work really well on a variety of skintones. I use it nearly everyday with quarry in the crease or all over the lid and with Satin Taupe as a liner or an outer corner eyeshadow to give some definition to my look.

on 12/8/2015 5:28:00 AM

Love this color. It's so soft and pigmented. Versatile as I can wear it in my crease or on my lid and can really build on the color to make it darker if I need to. Perfect if you love smokey looks like I do. I usually don't like frosts but this is more satin to me. I just reordered this color since this is one of the few colors that I used until it was gone!

on 12/6/2015 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't know about this. It just doesn't blend well with anything I have except Satellite Dreams, but I hate frosty colours in my crease. (It makes the hoods of my eyes come forward in a bad way.) It's not noteworthy on my lids, which are often covered by the hoods. It's a nice color that blends well, but it's blah on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've recently discovered that taupe shades go really well on my eyes, so I made a quick order on mac and got this shadow along with naked lunch. To be perfectly honest, naked lunch is not worth any of the hype it gets on youtube, but satin taupe is a whole different story. The moment I swatched this I was in love. It was so smooth to touch and the pigmentation is unreal. The colour itself is the perfect taupe shade for me, a cool toned hued-brown colour with some greyish undertones. I love to wear the shadow as a crease colour but I also love wearing it on its own. I just blend it all over my lid with a fluffy brush, add some mascara, and my eye-makeup is done. It takes literally 3 minutes and its such a beautiful look. Over all, I know I will get so much use from this colour on both myself and my future clients. Will def be re-purchasing.