MAC Frost - Satin Taupe

MAC Frost - Satin Taupe

4.6

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, PhenoxyethanolEye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake....

on 4/3/2018 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

What a fabulous colo!. I am really excited I finally discovered this color. Its a perfect taupy brown with a hint of purplish maybe? I dont even know but it looks great, I love it. This will be a permanent color in my rotation from now on!

said i'd buy this again but i've had this for 3 years and haven't even gotten close to putting a dent in it. very rich deposit of colour time and again.

i wear either N3 or NC15 in studiofix powder (depending on the time of year) and Satin Taupe plays beautifully with my very fair skin and hazel eyes. it blends like a dream, no fallout (which is saying something for a shimmer finish) and it is incredibly versatile for a natural day look or a vamped up evening look.

also does not irritate my eyes. absolutely fantastic value for money. i will sing the praises of Satin Taupe for the rest of my days (and steamy nights.) if this shade works for you, it should be a staple in your collection.

is especially fun to wear with Urban Decay's "Mushroom" eyeliner.

on 3/1/2018 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite OG MAC shadow! It works well for all skin tone, warm, cool, neutral , olive, etc. My favorite way to use it for a smoky eye is to apply a grey cream base over lid up to crease, apply shadow over base and blend into crease. It provides a nice rich smoky grey/taupish effect, perfect for a night out. This provides great pigmentation and can be applied as a wash of color, or layered for a rich deep color pay off. I have not found anything else like it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The texture is very soft and the pigmentation is awesome. Not much fallout either.

on 11/16/2017 1:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

On me it's definitely more brown but it has a purplish tint. It's so pretty. It definitely looks better when my hair is darker red though. Its a bit overpowering when my hair is strawberry blonde.

Good quality (MAC!), but wrong colour for me - just could not wear it.

on 5/8/2017 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is an interesting brown - purple - grey - silver. After reading so many rave reviews, I was really excited to get my little hands on this. I'm NC20 skin tone, and frankly when I 1st used this I was very disappointed. It looked too cool and bruise like for all over my lids.

I think this is a shade that favours mostly cool toned people. However since playing around with it more, I do think it looks nice on the outer v (paired with Ricepaper on the lid and Wedge as the transition). I suppose it really depends how it is used i.e. if it's mostly used with warm/neutral shades, it will be easier to wear for those who are warm skinned.

Also great with Coastal Scents Light Apricot (? Mac dupe for Jest) on lid/ OR Light Pink (? dupe for Mac Phloof), Satin Taupe on outer v.

Anyway, it's an interesting shade. I do suggest testing this out prior to purchase though.

About the shade itself, it blends fine but I do think it is quite stiff. Pigmentation is ok and buildable but not amazing.

Unsure about repurchase.

on 5/6/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Satin taupe is a brown grey colour,it has fine silver sparkles in it. When applied goes on smoothly and is quite pigmented. For me this colour is boring on my eyelids. It's a nice colour but there is no oomph. Not repurchasing this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Classic MAC eyeshadow. This is a cult classic for good reason. Great as a one and done eyeshadow- creates the illusion of dimension. It's such an unusual shade- hard to dupe. This is one of those shades that works on a lot of different skin tones and is pretty on any eye color. I will keep on repurchasing this gem.

on 5/3/2017 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful colour, but I just applied this for the first time today and experienced a terrible allergic reaction which has never happened to me with an eyeshadow before. My eyelids feel burnt and are still extremely swollen 2 hours after removing it! I'm not exactly pleased considering both much I paid for this and MAC UK's terrible return policy - I might as well throw it in the bin.