MAC Frost - Satin Taupe

MAC Frost - Satin Taupe

4.6

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, PhenoxyethanolEye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake....

Good quality (MAC!), but wrong colour for me - just could not wear it.

on 5/8/2017 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is an interesting brown - purple - grey - silver. After reading so many rave reviews, I was really excited to get my little hands on this. I'm NC20 skin tone, and frankly when I 1st used this I was very disappointed. It looked too cool and bruise like for all over my lids.

I think this is a shade that favours mostly cool toned people. However since playing around with it more, I do think it looks nice on the outer v (paired with Ricepaper on the lid and Wedge as the transition). I suppose it really depends how it is used i.e. if it's mostly used with warm/neutral shades, it will be easier to wear for those who are warm skinned.

Also great with Coastal Scents Light Apricot (? Mac dupe for Jest) on lid/ OR Light Pink (? dupe for Mac Phloof), Satin Taupe on outer v.

Anyway, it's an interesting shade. I do suggest testing this out prior to purchase though.

About the shade itself, it blends fine but I do think it is quite stiff. Pigmentation is ok and buildable but not amazing.

Unsure about repurchase.

on 5/6/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Satin taupe is a brown grey colour,it has fine silver sparkles in it. When applied goes on smoothly and is quite pigmented. For me this colour is boring on my eyelids. It's a nice colour but there is no oomph. Not repurchasing this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Classic MAC eyeshadow. This is a cult classic for good reason. Great as a one and done eyeshadow- creates the illusion of dimension. It's such an unusual shade- hard to dupe. This is one of those shades that works on a lot of different skin tones and is pretty on any eye color. I will keep on repurchasing this gem.

on 5/3/2017 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful colour, but I just applied this for the first time today and experienced a terrible allergic reaction which has never happened to me with an eyeshadow before. My eyelids feel burnt and are still extremely swollen 2 hours after removing it! I'm not exactly pleased considering both much I paid for this and MAC UK's terrible return policy - I might as well throw it in the bin.

on 3/9/2017 3:04:00 PM

This shade really works with my cool-toned olive coloring. My experience has been totally great: easy to apply, blend, and it lasts and lasts. My favorite way to wear it is as a component of my "goth lite" look: Satin Taupe all over the lid, winged liner, mascara, cool toned pink blush, and Bite's Thistle lipstick (a gray-lavender). It's almost a smoky eye since I'm darkening up the lid, but the sheen and SLIGHT color shift in the shadow lightens it up and just looks really pretty. No complaints. My pro pan was $6.

I think Satin Taupe can look good on a lot of skintones, but I can definitely see it completely clashing with others. If you're very warm, I'd try before buying.

I really enjoy brushing this on my lids...it kind of just melts in and glows.

on 10/28/2016 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Taupe-aholic here. I do love my taupes and so I fully expected to love Satin Taupe... but I don't. :(

I bought the pan for five dollars after hearing the hype and am sorely disappointed on how cool and dead it looks on my eyes. I have no idea why CoverGirl's Tapestry Taupe or Wet n'Wild's eyeshadow single in 'Nutty' suits me better than Satin Taupe, but they do. Sadness.

For reference, I'm NC 33 - 35, Asian, and have yellow-beige undertones. I can wear Burberry's Rosewood without it looking as ashy or dead as Satin Taupe, which I find strange.

The texture is not very good either in my opinion. It has a stiff dryness to it which I find unusual. I am used to the level of effortless pigmentation from Viseart (yes I know I'm spoiled) but surely for my first MAC shadow, I did not expect the level of pigment to be as mediocre as it was.

Verdict: hard pass. Maybe it was a manufacturing error on my end but I care not to investigate or purchase any more MAC shadows unless they magically duplicate Shu Uemura's ME Silver 945. There are simply too many good alternatives in this day and age...

on 10/21/2016 5:10:00 AM

I have tried and tried to love this color and I just don't. It's ok, good texture, but just looks muddy and doesn't do anything for me. I've seen it on others and thought it looked nice, but I think for my coloring (NC35) it just isn't anything special. MAC has so many great shadows this isn't one of them though (for me at least)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm pretty much agreeing with the majority opinion here - this is a very nice eye shadow.
It's a neutral shade with a subtle amount of shimmer and I can imagine this suiting pretty much any complexion and eye colour.
I wear it all over my lid, and it's foolproof to apply. I use this with Artdeco eyeshadow base, and it last all day without creasing or disappearing.
It's a really pretty colour that feels elegant without being too dressy.
I'm pretty confident that I'll buy this again, because it's just so versatile and easy to apply.

on 5/1/2016 3:04:00 PM

Good basic es.goes with everything.doesn t need special skills to look good.