MAC Cosmetics Frost - Satin Taupe

MAC Cosmetics Frost - Satin Taupe

4.6

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, PhenoxyethanolEye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake....

on 10/19/2018 7:55:00 PM

ok so back in high school which was many years ago i remember hearing so much hype about this shadow and bit the bullet. I was so excited about it and tried it all over the lids and i absolutely HATED it. It leans very purple and gave me a weird black eyed look.

fast forward to now about 8 years later i fell in love with the infamous satin taupe. I gave it another chance and now (i am better at makeup) i pair it with patina on the lid and this in the outter half of my lids and its beautiful. Its one of my favorite combos along side with sable and haux.

on 4/3/2018 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

What a fabulous colo!. I am really excited I finally discovered this color. Its a perfect taupy brown with a hint of purplish maybe? I dont even know but it looks great, I love it. This will be a permanent color in my rotation from now on!

said i'd buy this again but i've had this for 3 years and haven't even gotten close to putting a dent in it. very rich deposit of colour time and again.

i wear either N3 or NC15 in studiofix powder (depending on the time of year) and Satin Taupe plays beautifully with my very fair skin and hazel eyes. it blends like a dream, no fallout (which is saying something for a shimmer finish) and it is incredibly versatile for a natural day look or a vamped up evening look.

also does not irritate my eyes. absolutely fantastic value for money. i will sing the praises of Satin Taupe for the rest of my days (and steamy nights.) if this shade works for you, it should be a staple in your collection.

is especially fun to wear with Urban Decay's "Mushroom" eyeliner.

on 3/1/2018 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite OG MAC shadow! It works well for all skin tone, warm, cool, neutral , olive, etc. My favorite way to use it for a smoky eye is to apply a grey cream base over lid up to crease, apply shadow over base and blend into crease. It provides a nice rich smoky grey/taupish effect, perfect for a night out. This provides great pigmentation and can be applied as a wash of color, or layered for a rich deep color pay off. I have not found anything else like it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The texture is very soft and the pigmentation is awesome. Not much fallout either.

on 11/16/2017 1:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

On me it's definitely more brown but it has a purplish tint. It's so pretty. It definitely looks better when my hair is darker red though. Its a bit overpowering when my hair is strawberry blonde.

Good quality (MAC!), but wrong colour for me - just could not wear it.

on 5/8/2017 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is an interesting brown - purple - grey - silver. After reading so many rave reviews, I was really excited to get my little hands on this. I'm NC20 skin tone, and frankly when I 1st used this I was very disappointed. It looked too cool and bruise like for all over my lids.

I think this is a shade that favours mostly cool toned people. However since playing around with it more, I do think it looks nice on the outer v (paired with Ricepaper on the lid and Wedge as the transition). I suppose it really depends how it is used i.e. if it's mostly used with warm/neutral shades, it will be easier to wear for those who are warm skinned.

Also great with Coastal Scents Light Apricot (? Mac dupe for Jest) on lid/ OR Light Pink (? dupe for Mac Phloof), Satin Taupe on outer v.

Anyway, it's an interesting shade. I do suggest testing this out prior to purchase though.

About the shade itself, it blends fine but I do think it is quite stiff. Pigmentation is ok and buildable but not amazing.

Unsure about repurchase.

on 5/6/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Satin taupe is a brown grey colour,it has fine silver sparkles in it. When applied goes on smoothly and is quite pigmented. For me this colour is boring on my eyelids. It's a nice colour but there is no oomph. Not repurchasing this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Classic MAC eyeshadow. This is a cult classic for good reason. Great as a one and done eyeshadow- creates the illusion of dimension. It's such an unusual shade- hard to dupe. This is one of those shades that works on a lot of different skin tones and is pretty on any eye color. I will keep on repurchasing this gem.