Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine

Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine

3.1

Alcohol Denat.; Dimethicone; Phenyl Trimethicone; Isopropyl Palmitate; Oleyl Alcohol; Fragrance (Parfum); Panthenol; Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil; Tocopherol

on 5/14/2012 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Out of any hair product I use, I'm the most loyal to this one. I can't believe I've been using it for 14 years, which is half my life.

This product is not intended for fine/limp hair and must be applied very conservatively to dry hair. If over used, you'r hair will be greasy. It defrizzes and and adds super amounts of shine. I also love the smell. Honestly, when used properly, it's your hair saviour. HG product for sure!

on 1/29/2012 5:21:00 PM

Great for introducing subtle styling texture and high shine to hair that's already pretty well in place. Gives a hint of extra mobility to tame flyaways. Smells great. Very easy to use. Anti-frizzing, too.

on 10/12/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product isn't particularly bad, but it's not particularly good either. It does add some slight shine, but there are many other shine enhancers out there with similar ingredients that do a much better job.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My mom bought this product and I enjoyed it but I didn't love it. I loved the scent and the shine. But, the shine is not too noticeable. I'm not saying I want literally sparkles in my hair but it would nice if I received a nice shine with shimmer from this product. It can be oily but not greasy. This is what I have to say about this product. But, I'm willing to give it another shot.

PROS: Does give shine.

CONS: I don't like the smell. Quite strong scent. A bit too oily, even for a shine spray. Price.

ALTERNATES: Prefer Salon Grafix Invisible Dry Spray Conditioner.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I had this used on my hair while it was being straightened after getting my hair cut. My hair is ridiculously frizzy, curly, and damaged from constant heat styling and various colouring experiments. It worked so well on getting my hair smooth and soft. I can tell you that I was immediately sold on the product. My only two problems with it is that it does have alcohol in it and that it's quite pricey (online it sells for $20) for the size of the bottle. I bought the last one on the shelf, and from reading another review, I see now why it's no longer being sold.

NOT SAFE TO USE!! Aveda has recalled this product in states that put caps on the amount of Volatile Organic Compounds that can be in a product. VOCs are toxic to inhale and toxic to the environment. A little hypocritical eh? Aveda is not telling customers about this in states where it is not on the shelves anymore. Look at their website under this product and it lists the states it isn't available to send to, those are where it is banned. You can return it for a refund but don't expect the company to disclose this information because it shows that they are a bunch of hypocrites!

You can get similar products at target for a fraction of the price. Nice packaging and a pleasant smell, but I won't purchase it again. It does a decent job, but so do lots of other similar products.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

way too drying...alcohol is one of the first ingredients and appearantly they used way too much....skip this one please. it does nothing for flyaways or frizzies.

on 9/20/2006 8:54:00 PM

This is one of my favorite multipurpose hair products. I use this right as i'm about to run out the door in the morning. It really does control fly aways and adds shine to my coarse hair. I also have naturally straight hair and two pumps on the crown keeps my hair sleek. I love it! A little bit goes a long way applies here. Will repurchase.