Superdrug Distilled Witch Hazel

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Dear girls and boys who have blackheads in the T zone area and have tried several products to get rid of them but there is just no cure... distilled witch hazel makes my blackheads disappear! I read the reviews on here and I was really sceptical, I thought to myself it probably won't work.. boy was I wrong. I have no more blackheads and my pores have reduced significantly. I only put it on my nose and any occasional spots. This either makes the spot go away quicker or bring the pimple to a head. I can't believe I only decide to buy this now after hearing about it for many years.. not to mention it's dirt cheap and can last a while.

on 10/10/2010 12:40:00 PM

Distilled pure witch hazel is a lovely natural toner. I buy it from Boots, Superdrug or any other chemist shop, usually for around 2 quid. Bargain. It contains no alcohol, which I hate in toners (yeah, CLINIQUE), and no added anything in fact, just pure distilled witch hazel.
It's cooling, soothing and astringent. You will probably need a moisturiser afterwards but then I would always apply one after toner anyway, except when it's really hot and then this is just beautifully refreshing on its own.
It makes my pores cleaner and a bit smaller, removes any last traces of cleanser and makeup, and primes my skin for moisturiser. Seems to discourage spots from forming and calm ones that are already there.
It has multiple uses too - for bruises, skin irritation etc.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm sorry to say I had such a bad time with distilled witch hazel. Ordinarily I use Clinique's 3-Step System and have had no problems with it but I thought I'd switch things up a bit to see if it is actually worth the price and so slowly over the course of a couple of weeks I altered things in my regimen, when I switched my Clarifying Lotion to the distilled witch hazel my face BURNED which was only compounded when I tried to soothe it with 99.9% aloe vera gel, my combination/oily, acne prone skin is now very dry all over (though it is getting back to normal with the help of Clinique's Repairwear moisturizer). My skin has never been sensitive to anything before, I've used many different products over the years and suffered no ill-effects and I'm so upset that the witch hazel and aloe vera caused such a reaction as I really wanted to reap their benefits; it is a reaction I don't really understand as I can use both these products on my body without any problems at all.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This stuff is great !

i have used it all....and they were all good...but recently had some hard times ...and decided to grab it ...think it was 6 at walmart...

and you know it just works! ...it purged some pimple outs ...i was a bit nervous ...but it was good! i felt clean!

highly recomend it !

wish the packaging came with a flip top...or in a spray...but i will purchase one and pour it in :)

on 7/22/2009 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love witch hazel. It is my go to toner. It is basically the only toner on the planet that doesn't make my face sting like crazy. I am not crazy about the scent, but who does? More importantly, it does a great job on my face :)

on 6/13/2008 11:00:00 AM

good! inexpensive and smells nice!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I would probably use witch hazel for the rest of my life. I love it. Its so natural and does not burn the skin in any way like other toners. Im acne-proned and this does the trick.

on 3/23/2007 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

im a big fan of witch hazel in general and the superdrug one is just one of the many that i have tried and i love all witch hazel whatever brand it is. ive used many different toners in the past from estee lauder to clinique but the one i keep going back to is just the bottle of witch hazel. i notice a dramatic difference when i use it, my skin is clearer, i have less spots (my acne clears up), my skin is smoother, more even and the pores are tighter and less noticeable. i would definately not reccomend this to anyone with very dry skin and people who dont get any spots at all however i am currently on roaccutane which means that my skin is very dry and yet i am getting the odd spot still when i stop using this morning and night as toner. i combat any dryness i would get anyway with my moisturizer so i get 100% benefit from witch hazel. and best of all? its 100% natural and 100% dirt cheap!! holy grail.

on 9/13/2005 6:19:00 AM

I've used many Witch Hazel products over the years such as Thayer's and an English brand . The thayers I found to rich for my really oily skin (thayer's had a slight foaming quality that made my skin sticky ) and the English one was only so-so, though I found the added moisture useful when my skin is a tad dry in the Winter. The Superdrug version is basically generic Witch Hazel but it 100% pure , no additives at all and it is dirt cheap 1.69 for 200ml . I use this in the am (ACV toner at night) after cleansing with Ahava'a Purifying Mud soap for oily/blemished skin and before my superlight Mene & Moy Facial C sunscreen (my fave) with a little added vit c powder. I have to say that this combo has my my problem look quite nice for a change, for one I'm not so much of a oil slick and my face feels very soft ,looks matte, fresher. I had been experimenting with Burt's Bee's Garden Tomato soap & toner (to much alcohol- dulled my skin) and they didn't do anything at all. I'm not sure I would recommend this for really dry skins as it is astringent (not in bad way) and doesn't really add any moisture- but then I don't need extra as my light sunscreen is enough. Do give this a try if you are spotty/oily and follow with a moisturiser if necessary. This is a great traditional herbal remedy and can be used not only to soften & refresh/refine skin but also on sprains & bruises. Non UK folk can probably find the same thing in the pharmacy sections of local drugstores . I love this so much and now have a wonder trio of incredibly cheap but very effective non brand toners , Rosewater & Grapefruit seed extract and Apple Cider Vinegar being the other 2. Please do give this a try if looking for a new toner , I have literally wasted thousands over the years on skin care and now my skin is so much better and I spend a small fraction of what I used to.