no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 days ago

I am surprised at some of the violently negative reviews against The Grape Lakes. I think it's a pretty color, a medium grape-mauve
with a hint of brown and a nice silver shimmer. Google the polish and you'll see that it's not overly dark, muddy, or frosty. I also see it as an attractive office neutral when you don't want to wear the usual nudes and sheer pinks. The only …

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

Dec/30/2011

Purple is my favorite color any way, but this is my favorite Go-To nail polish. It's definitely purple, but somewhat neutral in that it seems to get along with almost all my outfits in any season.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

May/02/2010

I bought this color couple of years ago. Somehow I have never reached this bottle as it doesn't excite me as much as the other OPI. This color doesn't stand out in the bottle at all. There's some silver shimmer in the bottle. Once I put The Grape Lakes on my finger nails, it looks beautiful. It's purple but with a strong brown undertone in it. The silver shimmer turns …Read more

About reviewer (455 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

Mar/20/2009

In the bottle the polish is a purple with silver shimmer. On my nails it turns out more of a mauve- brownish color. I don't really care for it. It does go on well with good staying power.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

Nov/12/2008

I have to admit...I only bought this color because it was on the discount rack for 30% off and because it's OPI brand. I think this is an under-rated color. It doesn't streak when you apply it and you only need 2 coats. Some OPI colors take up to 4 coats and streaks horribly. As for buying it again, I won't because I have never purchased the same color more than once...ever.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

Jun/20/2008

Loved this color. I had it done professionally and will be purchasing some. This has no glitter or sparkles in it, just a muted purple color which I really like a lot. Am glad I picked it out at the salon.

About reviewer (126 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

Dec/15/2007

HATED this color. I wore it this fall thinking it would be a great color for the season, instead I felt like I was back in 7th grade wearing ugly dark purple nail polish that just looked hideous. Reminded me of the purple lipstick I used to wear in middle school that was popular back in the 90s. Yuck. It was too dark, too purple, and too blah. I felt like I was some sort of gothic freak wearing …Read more

0 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

Nov/06/2007

This color is subtle without being boring. It has a little frostiness to it but not too much. I love bright purples and this is not one of them. But it is nice for when I don't want to wear a sheer neutral or a bright purple. Something in between.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (146 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

Oct/09/2007

I like this color. I took off a lippie because I am not a big fan of silver frost and this has a tiny bit of it. It's a pretty medium-deep grape color, and with the silver shimmer it has a bit of a lilac-ness to it. I am PPP cool.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

May/10/2007

What a boring colour. The Grape Lakes is a dull purple with brown undertones. I'm not sure if it's the colour or the finish, but this shade looks flat on my nails. I feel this colour is more suitable on the fingers than on the toes (I like something darker on toes). Would not repurchase.

0 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium