St. Ives Collagen-Elastin Essential Moisturizer

St. Ives Collagen-Elastin Essential Moisturizer

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

on 7/19/2016 3:25:00 PM

I waited a couple months to write this review, just to be sure. I have decided that I really like this product. For reference, I have clog-prone, sensitive, true combination skin. Here's my breakdown:

Pros:
- Non-irritating (UNLESS you have just done serious exfoliation, like a peel or rough scrub)
- Non-clogging. Seriously. I have the most clog-prone skin in the universe, and I have actually noticed a reduction since switching to this product.
- Great smell. My sister thinks it's baby-ish, but I don't get that from it. It just smells soothing and clean to me. Much better than the true baby powder smell in the Pond's moisturizers (a comparable price point and product)
- Soaks in quickly.
- YUUUGE. Seriously. This is a massive container for the price. If you're worried about long-term hygiene, use a scoop to get some each day.

Cons:
- Doesn't do anything but moisturize. I don't notice any other benefits.
- Shiny. It DOES soak in completely (no slimyness), but it does not have a matte or semi-matte finish whatsoever.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Please be careful using this! I used this and got little tiny bumps starting from my chin all the way up
To my cheeks from this product! It is was the only thing I had changed in my routine-mind you I do not have sensitive or acne prone skin. It was terrible I was like that for about two weeks I had to treat it with ACV vinegar. Also the jar packaging is not sanitary !

To Read all 183 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite moisturizer. I've tried many other products and always go back to this one. Delivers the perfect amount of moisture and absorbs quickly. It has a pleasant fragrance- I know some have said they don't like it but it doesn't bother me. You get a lot of product for the cheap price tag. Love this moisturizer!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Day use only!

It's fantastic for use during the day for me and actually is a terrific primer under foundation/concealer.

But, if I use it at night, I wake up with drier skin than eight hours (let's be real: 5-ish hours) previously.

I was trying to find a cheaper alternative to CDLM, as I have been for years, but I don't think it's out there for me. Still, CDLM at night and St. Ives during the day isn't the worst balance ever. Right?

As for the jar packaging, I LOVE IT. Big, giant jar, and I don't have an issue with the hygiene. I wash my hands before I use it. Done.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I like how much product you get, it's a lot of product for 5 bucks. It smells pretty good, but not my favorite smell. Very moisturizing, and a little bit goes a long way. It is not anything special, but it's great for winter nights when my skin is a bit drier than how it usually is. Doesn't leave my face too oily and doesn't cause breakouts (I have extremely acne prone skin). I like it and will repurchase it.

I bought this after hearing some pretty decent things about this on Pinterest and because I was wanting to try a new moisturizer.

I usually put this on at night before bed after I wash my face. I would say it was just okay. It's lighter than I would have expected and seems to absorb nicely. Although the scent may bug some people, I don't mind it and find it to almost be relaxing. Even though the amount you get for the price is pretty awesome, the packaging just sucks (sanitary wise).

Having used this moisturizer through three seasons, I'd say it's probably better in the summer months rather than the winter. I've noticed that during the winter, it doesn't seem to moisturize as well which has caused my skin to freak out and produce extra oil. As far as the anti-aging properties, I'm not sure if I've really seen a difference at all.

I'd recommend it to a friend if they wanted an affordable, light moisturizer during the summer and *might* rebuy it was on sale or repackaged, but I'll probably try something different down the line.

on 1/4/2014 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Aside from the hideous, cheap and unsanitary packaging - this is a great, light moisturiser. My mother has used Nivea since coming from Europe and one day bought a tub of this because it was on sale. While staying at her home during the holidays, I noticed her skin looked very "fresh" when she woke up and not as oily as normal, but not dry either - just balanced. I asked her what she changed, she said "St.Ives cream". Then I bought myself a tub of this stuff, it comes in a rather large tub (10oz, about $5). It's pretty cheap and thin, the perfect consistency for combination skin like mine and I use it all over my face, neck and chest. It adds light moisture where needed without any greasy after-feel and sinks in very fast. Works amazing under make-up when I wear it, leaving a velvet-soft base that my foundation/TM/BB cream meshes with perfectly. I like that it only has two different oils (mineral and safflower) which are both fine for my skin. I *wish* it was fragrance-free, luckily the scent is light and I can't smell it 5 seconds after I've applied, also it would be great if it didn't come in a tub (I hate, hate, hate jar packaging - always grosses me out, sorry but there is no way to keep this sanitary spatula or not! and anyone in the store can just pop their hands in the tub, eww). For now I transfer mine into a sterile pump bottle - but that's just me and I can be a bit OCD :) For the packaging I gave this a 1/5 - it's awful. But the product is great, a 5/5 for me - keeps my skin soft without being greasy, no breakouts, no problems. Now if they would just make an unscented version I'd be even happier.

on 1/4/2014 2:35:00 AM

It's really thin and watery. It does nothing at all to moisturize you if you have dry skin. I always had dry flaky patches waking up the next day after using this. It's only 5 bucks for a huge jar but its not even worth that.

on 12/13/2013 10:29:00 AM

Really good for DAY use. I slathered on a ton after a shower one night before bed and thought I'd be greased up for tonight. I was surprised to see that it absorbed really quickly and left my face so soft. I need heavier goo for winter nights so this is being used during the day now under my foundation. Good stuff.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Moisturized my normal/dry skin well but it clogged my pores like crazy! I wanted to love it due to the price and amount. However it makes a great body moisturizer for winter. Has a clean, scent that is pleasant. But honestly, I hate jar packaging for lotions - my hands get slippery and it's just annoying to deal with them. I wouldn't buy it again.