Estee Lauder Take it Away Makeup Remover Lotion

Estee Lauder Take it Away Makeup Remover Lotion

3.6

I got this in a GWP recently. It does take off most of my makeup. I don't see it doing any better than a good makeup wipe. I might even be tempted into buying the full size, if It weren't for the smell. I'm not really that sensitive to smells, but this smell is horrible. It reminds me of a very strong household cleaner.

on 1/26/2017 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I enjoy this makeup remover. It doesn't smell heavy, or feel too heavy, just a light liquid to remove your makeup. I usually use this or a cleansing water first, then a regular cleanser. This seems to remove most of my makeup. I like that it is in a pump. It is a bit pricey, but if you want to splurge, this is a good one.

on 1/8/2017 8:36:00 AM

As an everyday makeup remover I think it is great. It easily removes most of the eye makeup gently without rubbing the eyes. This product is not effective enough to remove makeup alone. I recommend removing the excess with a cotton pad soaked in miceller water. Using both these products together to remove eye makeup is extremely effective and quick. I do believe this is little pricy but there is a generous amount of product in the bottle.

on 12/17/2016 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

As a lotion cleanser that you remove with a damp washcloth or muslin after using an eye makeup remover (other than this one), 5 stars. The directions say to tissue off or rinse. I could not get it to work that way. There was still makeup left and it was residue city. But as a hot cloth lotion cleanser, it leaves my skin super clean and soft. Seems like it could be marketed another way. Not crazy about the oil of cucumber type of scent, but it does not linger.

on 12/14/2016 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I think this is a great makeup remover. If it wasn't fragranced and felt completely safe around my eyes I would give it 5 out of 5 because it MELTS waterproof/water resistant makeup. BUT it stinks a bit, and I have to be careful to not get it IN my eyes (even though is not so bad I have to avoid using it around my eyes), so its not perfect. Still If you want a makeup remover lotion that WORKS and you already have an eye makeup remover, I would totally recommend the Estee Lauder lotion.

I take it off with a damp cotton round and most of my makeup comes off, great pre-cleanse. This is not a one stop cleansing product. Its a makeup remover. I will also say its not as incredibly thorough as a cleansing oil (those can take off ALL of your mascara, ALL of your eyeliner, EVERYTHING) but on the flip side this Lotion is not drying AT ALL, and cleansing oils very often are insanely stripping. The main reason for that I think is that a cleansing oil emulsifies with water and you can rinse it off your face clean, taking with it all the makeup. Makeup removing lotions don't emulsify completely, and thus some makeup may be left behind, specially some eye makeup.

That said I really like this, and would repurchase unless I can find something that works even better around the eye area (the estee lauder lotion works perfect on face, but not perfect around eye area.)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

It feels oily and can't properly remove my makeup. I need about 10 cotton pads to remove my foundation (I wear very thin layer of light liquid foundation), I can't remove mascara / eyeliner by using, I'm afraid I take out my lashes earlier than this product will work.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A thin, oily feeling lotion that does not remove even the lightest mascara, eye shadow, lipstick or even foundation. So much mascara residue is left behind I end up with panda eyes a few hours later! The only thing I found it could remove was blush and highlight but even a wet cloth will do that :( Lovely fresh floral scent, but including scent totally ridiculous in a product that will be used over the sensitive eye area. Why does this product exist?? I'm sad I actually paid money for this.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The only reason I gave it a rating of one lipstick tube is because I had to give it something to enter my review. This was the worst make up remover I have ever used. The idea is that you rub the lotion on your skin and wipe it off, or rinse it off. It doesn't matter If you wipe it off or rinse it off, much of the make up is left behind and It burns your eyes no matter what, so have fun taking off your eye make up. Estee Lauder seriously needs to take this away.

Fantastic product. It gently removes makeup from your skin but very thoroughly. It left my skin soft and surprisingly clean. Highly recommended for those with normal,dry or sensitive skin.

on 6/7/2016 9:15:00 PM

I don't even know how this product exists omg it burnsssssssss so bad--- getting it anywhere near my eyes is just unbearable