Dermalogica Daily Resurfacer

Dermalogica Daily Resurfacer
Daily ResurfacerDaily Resurfacer

3.9

Not tested on animals

Citrus Aurantium Amara (bitter orange) Flower Extract, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Ethoxydiglycol, Butylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid; Extracts Of Aspalathus Linearis (rooibos) Leaf, Camellia Oleifera (green tea) Leaf, Pyrus Malus (apple) Fruit, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (orange) Fruit, Saccharum Officinarum (sugar Canae), Oryza Sativa (rice), Citrus Unshui Peel, Zostera Marina, Hibiscus Esculentus Fruit, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bacillus Ferment, Hydrolized Glycosaminoglycans, Citrus Grandis (grapefruit) Peel Oil, Perfluorononylethyl Carboxydecyl PEG-10 Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PEG-90M, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Limonene. 10/09/10

on 8/9/2016 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is an ok product. I like their resurfacing cleanser, and thermafoliant much better.

I didn't feel like it did as good of a job exfoliating as the above two, and it was twice as expensive. I'm sure packaging increased the price.

It didn't burn or damage my skin, and it didn't feel parched or tight after use, but it didn't seem to do much that I could tell either. After a month, I didn't see any difference.

I doubt I would repurchase.

on 3/10/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

made my face soft, but i had to keep rinsing, felt like i had a film on my face, for the price i wont buy it again. I bought the sample size

on 8/15/2015 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product worked well for me to reduce the colorless bumps under my skin on my forehead and temples. I've tried multiple products for this and this is the one that worked relatively quickly. I like that the pouches make this easy for travel and are hygienic.

on 6/18/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This is one of the few products that TRULY made a difference on my skin. For me it worked particularly well on congested areas and it visibly reduced the size of my pores. At the same time, it did not irritate the dry and sensitive skin on my cheeks. The packaging is genius, there is no waste and you can carry it around when you travel.
To be honest if I hadn't tried a sample I would have never thought I'd spend so much on a face product, but when I saw the results the first time I used it, I had to buy it. I would definitely recommend getting a sample before buying so you can decide if it's worth the "investment" for you. Also, while it's called "daily", it still works wonders used once a week - which makes it last longer.

PROS: I have searched and searched for an exfoliator that actually works and also does not bother my very sensitive skin. Sunscreen makes my skin more red than this. In fact, I don't think this even "reds" me up at all when I apply it. Does not make my dry skin more dry. Anyway, my skin has been helped a bit in other ways too, besides exfoliation. This helps my pores somewhat and helps my skin to be less congested. And as I said, a great gentle exfoliator.

CONS: May not be exfoliating enough for some. Even Dermalogica recommends that if you use a gentle chemical exfoliator daily, that you will probably want to use a physical one or heavy-duty one once a week or thereabouts. I just combine this with use of the Olay cleansing brush. (I only use the brush very quickly on my skin at night when cleansing.) It doesn't have a bad scent; it just doesn't impress me as smelling very good either. It doesn't bother my sensitive allergies at all, so I don't care.

PURCHASING TIPS: You can get this cheaper in the pro size or just cheaper in general at places like Amazon. But then you have to chance that it's not the real product. It depends on if the gamble is worth the savings to you. (It is to me.)

USAGE TIPS: (See "CONS.")

ALTERNATES: FOund my holy grail exfoliator in the CLEAR 2% salicylic acid toner from Paula's Choice. (Regular Strength.)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was starting to have adult acne and my pimple marks takes a long time to go away. I have been using moisturizers with vitaminC or boosters but I am still unhappy with the way my skin. It's dull (I travel a lot also - exposed to different climates). I have been keeping this whole tin for a while and I use it sometimes on my elbows, knees, feet (esp when I need to exposed them! hahaha) and rarely on the face. It say's it can be used everyday and so one day I decided to use it everyday until the whole tin can is finished. U can see the result with one use but with at least two to more days of use, it really made a huge difference on my skin. Glowing, even toned, my pimples went away (no kidding! even those little bumps), dark spots lightened even on the second use (and some went away on the fourth day). I did not find it harsh but I will start using it 3x a week now as it is very expensive and I got the skin that I was looking for. It's time to just maintain it.

Btw, the pad that comes with it is rough. I don't rub it too hard. I rub it lightly enough to cover my face (avoiding my eye area - it can dry the delicate eye area). The rest of the liquid from the pad goes to my neck, knee, elbows, feet or chest pimples (if there's any).

on 6/6/2012 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have somewhat dry skin with strong discoloration on one cheek and a lesser amount on the other at the jaw line. So i use exfoliators, along with other products, in an attempt to improve my skin tone. I finished up my third jar of philosophy the microdelivery multi-use peel pads (large size), which i really like. But being fickle, i decided to try another exfoliator. So i picked up this cute can in Ulta.
Inside are a multitude of sealed packets, each containing one very thick "pad" formed into a glove-like finger, moistened on both sides. This packaging both keeps the product fresh (good) and creates an excess of waste (bad).
Second, there are fewer treatments and they're far more expensive than the philosophy product - compare 35 for around $65 (dermalogica) vs. 100 for around $55 (philosophy).
Third, it smells kinda like nail polish remover. I prefer no perfume in my products, so i expect that unscented products won't smell great, but this was very unpleasant.
Fourth, i've noticed no effect at all after using them for two weeks. There is no improvement in the size of my pores in areas where they're enlarged. I know that many products take a month or two to work, so that isn't conclusive in itself. However, i used this on my neck and decolletage once... BIG mistake. The result was many raised red bumps and welts on my neck and chest that took over a week to go away! The philosophy product never did this.
I hate to waste money, so i'm going to use these on my face only - so far no extreme irritation there. But i know i'm not buying these again for a multitude of reasons.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love what this does to my skin! Just after 2 treatments, i see a subtle glow to my normally congested and dehydrated cheeks. I have to admit though, part of this may be attributed to the clarisonic as well. Will definitely continue this but am not sure if it should be paired with the daily microfoliant as the sample I tried left my face a little tight.

This product is awesome! It is well worth the money! Product is individually wrapped on a little finger glove. While applying, I thought it wasn't doing much because the applicator isn't too abrasive. But then I washed off my face and my skin has never been more smooth, after one use!
After applying makeup, my skin looks better than it ever has!
It also has a pleasant vitaminey smell.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My Mum likes this and thought it would help with the blackheads I have on my nose.
The product is soaked in individually wrapped little pads that you put on your finger and then rub on your skin. I do really like the idea of the packaging but the pads feel very rough and have quite a strong smell which I didnt really like. Although I do think that this product improved my blackheads a bit I stopped using it because it made my eyes and skin sting quite a lot. It feels very harsh and left my skin tight and dry.
There are plenty of other products out there that can do a better job than this, and they are cheaper and dont hurt my eyes.