Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

3.9

on 5/28/2012 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

fresh and woodsy light rum/vanilla This is very nice and doesn't have a fruity or peppery note so it really stands out as something a bit different it is not overpowering and could easily be worn any season and for any occaision

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I was so excited about this perfume. Sadly, it did not live up to my expectations. I tried to figure out what it was about the scent that was so unappealing to me. Finally I realized that it smells exactly like something my grandma used to wear. (I did ask her about it, but she said that she has never owned a Ralph Lauren perfume before.). Occasionally I do force myself to wear just because I don't want to waste it, and I will admit that it takes on a different scent when I wear it. Still I can't shake the thought that I smell like my grandma. I'm giving it four lippies because the lasting power is great and it's really not fair to judge it on my associations with the scent.

I love Ralph Lauren fragrances and this one is no exception. It's kind of an aquatic with personality! I love it as it's fresh smelling and definitely has some of the aquatic notes, but it's got a bit of oomph in the base notes and rather than fading away to very little like a lot of the aquatic fragrances do, Pure Turquoise dries down to a fresh, lightly woody base with a tiny hint of patchouli. Definitely one to try if you are looking for something fresh, but standards aquatics leave you feeling a bit "meh" :-)

on 5/14/2010 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

HOLY GRAIL!!! I first bought this years ago and was so sad when I found out it was a limited edition! Well I guess it was popular enough that they decided to bring it back and thank god they did! I ADORE this more than words can describe! It's the perfect soft, clean, fresh scent. I've gotten so many compliments on it! Its apparent popularity means it's become more widely available, and thus cheaper too! I most recently got the giant bottle last year in Target for $40, and it's seems like it's lasting forever! I wish they had a body spray too (do they? I've yet to see one anywhere) so I could mist everything I own!

I bought this in a bargin bin I got the 3.4 oz EDP and the body lotion for $22. What a deal!!!
That said, I definately wouldn't pay full price for this. I didn't care for the fragrance. I don't typically care for the fresh fragrances, and I prefer things in the vanilla family, Hanae Mori, Marc Jacobs, etc.

on 12/12/2007 8:16:00 AM

Has lily of the valley and patchouli in it. Both are headache inducers to me. This fragrance was no exception. Very strong and masculine smelling on the dry down. I couldn't wait to scrub it off. If you like the fragrance, it will last and last.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pure Turquoise is my all-time favorite Ralph fragrance. I love the cut glass bottle which is very distinctive to the just absolutely sexy smell. This is evening wear for when I am on the prowl.... it makes me feel sexy and confidant and just very feminine though I wouldn't really say it is a feminine scent. Very crisp and almost spicy.... definetely worth a try.

on 7/19/2007 8:47:00 PM

How often do the dirty and the clean mix together and stay clean? Apparently, this is possible not only in muddy and stinky sulfur springs, but also in a modern-day perfume by the name of Pure Turquoise. The concept of cleanliness takes an interesting turn as grapefruit is married with patchouli and vetiver. All of the above being immensely artificial smelling in a charming way, like a flaunt of an “I just shampooed my hair” swept backwards releasing that completely non-original fruity fragrance of 2-in-1 shampoo+conditioner with grapefruit and avocado or whatever.

Yet it is not until one gets beyond that hair-flaunting that a dirty, dusty, ephemeral scent of skin that just dried from a long soak in sulfur springs (or perhaps an improvised outdoor spa treatment of a fool-body warp in salty black mud), that the grapefruit and patchouli accord can be seen in a completely different light.
Pure Turquoise comes in two concentrations: eau de parfum for the poor, in a difficult to grasp cut-glass spray bottle; and pure parfum, for the spa aristocrat who loves to stack rocks over their jus. The latter crystal flacon is topped with a humongous sized turquoise stone, which unlike the beautiful one in all the posters and magazine ads, is not smooth and roundish, but cut in angular shapes (just like the bottle is), and comes in a far paler and less impressive colour.

on 10/1/2006 9:13:00 PM

Liked it so much I bought the lotion too. I think it smells like the sea....very aquatic. Many reviewers said they thought it smelled like eucalyptus or vicks vapor rub, but I dont get that at all. It seems to last a long time.

This smells great in a bottle, and has a nice clean crisp scent after about an hour or so, then dissapates into nothingness after about 4 hours. It's the first hour I have to get through. For me, that first hour it smells like chemical eucalypus, but after that it sweetens up a bit and smells quite nice, I use the lotion for touch-ups during the day (which doesn't have eucalypus scent for some reason) I may purchase again, but only the lotion next time. Plus the lotion has more stayinmg power actually.

Popular Fragrances