Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

3.9

on 9/8/2013 2:32:00 PM

Understated and chic, Pure Turquoise is for those days when I feel calmer than usual and feel in better control of my life. It goes well with simple but good quality clothes, a pair of good leather shoes and a chic handbag (a rare occasion in my life).

It's a subdued fragrance but it has some interesting notes like cactus - or cactus flower- black currant leaves (which I really like) and some leather. It moves seamlessly from the succulent cactus to dry leather, with currant leaves and a tad of patch adding a lovely depth to it. It is really pleasant, to say the least.

Low sillage but OK lasting power on me.

This is exactly what a perfume should be...natural, light, soft but not so soft it fades in an hour. Bottle is a bit hard to hold. Ralph Lauren fragrances... many of them are too musky or synthetic. The notes for this are listed as cassis, night blooming cereus, and patchouli, and here they are combined beautifully. Smells fresh and clean, oceanic and slightly powdery and mysteriously, almost hauntingly floral. At one point, I cannot say why, I thought "celery" to myself, as weird as that sounds. I get the feeling of wearing a white linen tank top with a turquoise necklace, crinkly skirt and spending the evening at an ocean side restaurant after showering... following a long leisurely day at the beach. Gin and tonic anyone? That said, I am wearing this now, in February, and would definitely say this is a year 'round fragrance. Not terribly original, but wearable.

on 11/25/2008 10:57:00 AM

Love it.

I'm not usually a RL fragrance fan - the only other one I like is Glamourous - but this I adore. It's fresh, but without being too green. It dries down to something quite heavenly. I do think it could last longer (only about 3 hours for me, even with EDP and several good sprays).

I got this at a big-box store- gift set with 2 oz. body lotion and shower gel - and 4.2 ounce EDP spray - so it was a good deal for less than $40. I was going to give it as a Xmas gift - but liked it so much I kept it!

It's quite different from what I usually wear - gourmand scents like Angel - but it's very clean, classic, and I think it's good for work.

on 4/23/2008 6:32:00 PM

Ugh smelled so bad on me that I had to run and wash it off after trying it on. There are only two scents that really really bother me and this is one of them. The other is CKOne Yuck!!

on 12/15/2007 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after I read a breakdown of the components. I tend to run out and try every floral chypre introduced, so I was thrilled when I found one that lived up to my expectations. It is very different, and works well with my rather odd (apparently) body chemistry. I love how I smell when I wear it, but definitely tend to wear it in the Fall and Winter. I like greener scents when it warms up here in Texas. I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone, but I LOVE it!

on 6/2/2007 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Reminds me of windows open at a beach house with the wind blowing
through, light wood furniture, natural weaves, lots of white with
turquoise and blue accents, and a bowl of lemons on the kitchen
counter. Pure Turquoise is a very clean scent with light citrus, fresh
air, a whisper of woods and pepper. Could possibly be worn in
a business environment. A tad too much pepper for my nose though,
and comes across as a bit synthetic. Similar to Juicy Couture
actually. Stunningly beautiful bottle.

on 5/27/2006 7:55:00 PM

I agee with another reviewer that this is a "humid" type of scent. It smells like a hot and humid greenhouse where a bunch of flowers are stored. Also, in this greenhouse there are a bunch of grapefruit trees growing. The grapefruits look big, beautiful, and luscious and you decide to pick one to eat. As you open the grapefruit the citrus notes of it mix beautifully with the flowers that are growing in the pots all around you. When you leave this greenhouse you decide you want a fragrance that smells like what you just experienced in the greenhouse. You rush at a frenetic pace to the mall and you are introduced to Pure Turquoise and you realize you have found that scent.

Pure Turoquoise is a refined woodsy floral. It really does set the mood of the color turoquoise to me. This lasts a long time as well. This is one scent that uses lily of the valley & bulgarian rose in a blend that even I can wear beautifully. Worth a try!

on 10/29/2005 10:16:00 AM

This fragrance smells fresh and unique on me. It has great staying power as well with the middle notes coming out much later. To me this is a great year round fragrance. It's not too heavy. It's a great everyday fragrance. Instead of the normal 1.7 oz you get 2.5 oz for $55.00 for the Eau de Parfum so it's really not too bad price wise.

Sephora describes it as a Woody: Mossy Woods
Notes:
Dewy Cassis, Indigo Violet Petals, Lily Of The Valley, Cactus Flower, Night Blooming Cereus, Orange Flower Absolute, Bulgarian Rose Absolute Desert Lily, Patchouli, Sliver Birch Wood, Polished Amber, Vanilla Bourbon, Rum.
Style:
Sensual. Provocative. Refined.

on 10/14/2005 2:50:00 PM

Wow, this is so pretty. It's refreshing to see a new release that doesn't have the label of being a 'fruity-floral'. It's a lush, floral, feminine scent that would be great for an evening out (or very lightly at work), as it does have strong sillage. The bottle is so nice, in a very crisp, classic way. It looks a lot like RL Romance's bottle but with a pretty, faceted, top edge, and it's a bit squattier than Romance. The cap is silver and is topped with a flat, real turquoise, I believe. I can't wait to get this! I think the 2.5 oz. bottle retails for $55, which is a bit expensive, but still decent enough to want to purchase if you do like it. :)
EDITED: 5/3/06 Down from 4 lippies to 3. It's nice, but just average.

Popular Fragrances