Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

3.6

on 6/4/2007 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

An excellent fragrance. A very different perfume. Either you will love it or hate it. I happen to really love it.

on 11/4/2006 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't actually buy this but I have tested this on a few occasions at the department store. I must say that I admire but also hate it. It deserves admiration because this is a new direction that RL fragrances are going ever since it Romance. To me, this is a more complex fragrance, unlike Romance, Blue, Lauren Style and the like. But it isn't for me. The opening notes (where one can strongly smell the Cassis) are perfect for me. But after a while, it turns musty and the freshness disappears. I suppose it is the Patchouli, which I hate in general. It is okay. Unique even, as there are few new strongly woody female perfumes in the market recently, but I just can't identify with it. So it is back to Ralph during weekends, and Romance for work.

on 8/26/2006 8:51:00 PM

I find RL repeating himself again and again with these aquatic fresh florals, first was Romance (which I assume was a big hit, and that's why he made copies), then Blue, then Style,then this PT. IMO, this is the best of the three, but still I wouldn't buy a bottle of it because it smells like a common floral scent. I would like to try the body lotion though, to see if it is less sharp.

I am still in search of that perfect, HG perfume, and this is not it. I received a decant of this from a very generous MUAer (thanks!!), and although I don't hate it, I certainly don't love it. This is an average department store. Pure Turquoise smells very sharp at first spray, but after the top notes evaporate, what's left is a soft, sexy, clean, fresh floral. Lasting power is nice (5-6 hours on me).

on 5/15/2006 10:53:00 PM

Pure Turquoise reminds me of a flower I used to love. I don't know what it's called in English, though. Here, this type of flower is used at funerals. It has a strong floral scent that is just so sexy! PT is a little fruity and I can't really break apart what I'm smelling. It's just so perfectly floral, creamy and wild. I love it!

Popular Fragrances