Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

3.8

on 5/28/2012 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

fresh and woodsy light rum/vanilla This is very nice and doesn't have a fruity or peppery note so it really stands out as something a bit different it is not overpowering and could easily be worn any season and for any occaision

on 11/25/2008 10:57:00 AM

Love it.

I'm not usually a RL fragrance fan - the only other one I like is Glamourous - but this I adore. It's fresh, but without being too green. It dries down to something quite heavenly. I do think it could last longer (only about 3 hours for me, even with EDP and several good sprays).

I got this at a big-box store- gift set with 2 oz. body lotion and shower gel - and 4.2 ounce EDP spray - so it was a good deal for less than $40. I was going to give it as a Xmas gift - but liked it so much I kept it!

It's quite different from what I usually wear - gourmand scents like Angel - but it's very clean, classic, and I think it's good for work.

on 11/3/2008 10:41:00 AM

Oh How I love this, I don't know why I never discovered it before? It so crisp and elegant. Smells like money.. I will be wearing this a lot. Yummmmmm.. A little orgasmic for me....I could smell this all day on me. Great lasting power

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This smells like a vacation in a bottle- blue sky- a tall glass of your favorite chilled drink- breeze going thru your hair, fresh air, a dip in the ocean and then.poof gone.........no nooooooo! This only lasted about an hour on my skin....why? EDP aren't they suppose to have strenght? Anyways as far as the old lady thing thats just a mental thing WEAR WHATEVER MAKES YOU FEEL GREAT , PERIOD!

on 5/21/2008 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pure Turquoise is interesting at first, a bouquet of white flowers next to the exfoliation table at the spa. Then about three minutes later, its dark side comes out. The name is fitting because it smells cheap, like the turquoise necklace you found at the bottom of the bargain bin and bought because you just couldn't go without it. But now you never wear it because it's really just hideous and screams Walmart.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This fragrance is good no complaints here but I'm putting it up for swap because I wanna try something else.

on 2/17/2008 11:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I really like this fragrance and get compliments often. It starts out pretty strong, but soon after smells clean yet spicy...an odd combo, but really nice for fall/winter (especially). It has great staying power, maybe too good...which is why I gave 4 lippies, do NOT spray this one directly on your skin...it's a "walk into the mist" fragrance.....otherwise, you and your date might get a headache (it's that strong).

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Pure Turquoise is a very earthy fragrance that has just enough amber & patchouli to give it some staying power, some wet fruits to give it some aquatic elements, and some desert blooms to keep it dry. It's sexy! It has a little medicinal quality about it (perhaps the rum) that makes it clean & dry. It reminds me very much of Chanel Allure Sensuelle which also has some sweet grass smell that's produced by less mature patchouli (the non-dirty kind) that is just intriguing and unique as well. Created by Annie Buzantian the notes are: Top Notes -- Cassis, Indigo Violet Petals, Lily of the valley, Cactus Flower; Middle Notes -- Night-Blooming Cereus, Orange Flower Absolute, Bulgarian Rose Absolute, Desert Lily: Base Notes -- Patchouli, Silver Birchwood, Amber, Vanilla Bourbon, Rum. Upon drydown it's a light summer weight patchouli that is very nice for the warm summer nights.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is one perfume that actually does remind me of its name and packaging. If turquoise had a smell, I think this would be it. Cool and serene, yet powerful and brilliant at the same time. It defies classification in a certain regard, as it's not predominately citrusy, florally, or marine...it just *is* turquoise. Smell it and see if you know what I mean...or confirm that I'm actually going crazy! :-p

This smells great in a bottle, and has a nice clean crisp scent after about an hour or so, then dissapates into nothingness after about 4 hours. It's the first hour I have to get through. For me, that first hour it smells like chemical eucalypus, but after that it sweetens up a bit and smells quite nice, I use the lotion for touch-ups during the day (which doesn't have eucalypus scent for some reason) I may purchase again, but only the lotion next time. Plus the lotion has more stayinmg power actually.

Popular Fragrances