Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This fragrance is one of my absolute favorites. The 20+ different scents create the perfect balance of fragrance that lingers all day. Even when I took my clothes off, the perfume just permeates the clothes lightly without being pungent. It's a soft, serious, musky perfume with oriental notes and it has a lightness to it that keeps it from being 'old lady' like.

BTW I am not much of a fan of patchouli so don't be put off when you read that it contains patchouli because it just works as a whole. I can smell the grapefruit pretty much all day, so you are left smelling clean and sexy! Great for a night out on the town! Every single man I know loves this perfume. It's delicious!

Pure Turquoise is one of the best new releases I came across in the past year. Although I can't smell rum in it, I love whatever it is that makes it so pure - the grapefruit is stunning and fun, full of energy. I don't usually like citrus scents AT ALL. But this is different. The grapefruit stays for a while. And than the patchouli kicks in - a clean patchouli, not the heavy patchouli that I am used to.

If only this came in a nicer bottle... It's so hard to spray with all those angles in the glass!

on 10/1/2005 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this new fragrance from Ralph Lauren. He never disappoints, his fragrances are elegant and this one is no exception. It starts out with gardenia and jasmine at the top, which at first seems ordinary. Then, about 30 minutes later, it blooms into something I've never smelled before...almost like a cool metal, how silver would smell if you had it on. It stayed on for about 6 hours before I had to replenish it, yet it wasn't an in-your-face strong fragrance like those in the 1980s. I can imagine wearing this with jeans, prairie skirts, turquoise or silver jewelry, a floppy hat and some boots or a vest. This is the perfect casual jeans fragrance.