Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

3.6

on 9/8/2013 2:32:00 PM

Understated and chic, Pure Turquoise is for those days when I feel calmer than usual and feel in better control of my life. It goes well with simple but good quality clothes, a pair of good leather shoes and a chic handbag (a rare occasion in my life).

It's a subdued fragrance but it has some interesting notes like cactus - or cactus flower- black currant leaves (which I really like) and some leather. It moves seamlessly from the succulent cactus to dry leather, with currant leaves and a tad of patch adding a lovely depth to it. It is really pleasant, to say the least.

Low sillage but OK lasting power on me.

on 5/28/2012 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

fresh and woodsy light rum/vanilla This is very nice and doesn't have a fruity or peppery note so it really stands out as something a bit different it is not overpowering and could easily be worn any season and for any occaision

I love Ralph Lauren fragrances and this one is no exception. It's kind of an aquatic with personality! I love it as it's fresh smelling and definitely has some of the aquatic notes, but it's got a bit of oomph in the base notes and rather than fading away to very little like a lot of the aquatic fragrances do, Pure Turquoise dries down to a fresh, lightly woody base with a tiny hint of patchouli. Definitely one to try if you are looking for something fresh, but standards aquatics leave you feeling a bit "meh" :-)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I actually purchased this "retail" without searching for a bargain and was not disappointed! This is one of my all time favorites and I love the look of this fragrance. Goes beautifully with my collection.

I bought this in a bargin bin I got the 3.4 oz EDP and the body lotion for $22. What a deal!!!
That said, I definately wouldn't pay full price for this. I didn't care for the fragrance. I don't typically care for the fresh fragrances, and I prefer things in the vanilla family, Hanae Mori, Marc Jacobs, etc.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I must say, I am amazed at how much I am loving Ralph Lauren's Pure Turquoise. I usually do not go for the "fresh" types, but I find this exquisite. Not cloying at all, it evolves slightly once applied. There is a tinge of similarity to smell of 'freshly washed laundry", but just when you are ready to typecast it as such, another note pops out. Oh, and the bottle is simple yet elegant -- Love the turquoise inlay in the cap. Advertised Notes: Top Note: Dewy Cassis, Violet Petals, Lily of the Valley, Cactus Flower , Heart Note: Night Cereus, Orange Flower, Absolute, Desert Lily , Base Note: Patchouli, Silver Birch Wood, Polished Amber, Vanilla Bourbon, Rum
continued >>

This is exactly what a perfume should be...natural, light, soft but not so soft it fades in an hour. Bottle is a bit hard to hold. Ralph Lauren fragrances... many of them are too musky or synthetic. The notes for this are listed as cassis, night blooming cereus, and patchouli, and here they are combined beautifully. Smells fresh and clean, oceanic and slightly powdery and mysteriously, almost hauntingly floral. At one point, I cannot say why, I thought "celery" to myself, as weird as that sounds. I get the feeling of wearing a white linen tank top with a turquoise necklace, crinkly skirt and spending the evening at an ocean side restaurant after showering... following a long leisurely day at the beach. Gin and tonic anyone? That said, I am wearing this now, in February, and would definitely say this is a year 'round fragrance. Not terribly original, but wearable.

on 11/25/2008 10:57:00 AM

Love it.

I'm not usually a RL fragrance fan - the only other one I like is Glamourous - but this I adore. It's fresh, but without being too green. It dries down to something quite heavenly. I do think it could last longer (only about 3 hours for me, even with EDP and several good sprays).

I got this at a big-box store- gift set with 2 oz. body lotion and shower gel - and 4.2 ounce EDP spray - so it was a good deal for less than $40. I was going to give it as a Xmas gift - but liked it so much I kept it!

It's quite different from what I usually wear - gourmand scents like Angel - but it's very clean, classic, and I think it's good for work.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This smells like a vacation in a bottle- blue sky- a tall glass of your favorite chilled drink- breeze going thru your hair, fresh air, a dip in the ocean and then.poof gone.........no nooooooo! This only lasted about an hour on my skin....why? EDP aren't they suppose to have strenght? Anyways as far as the old lady thing thats just a mental thing WEAR WHATEVER MAKES YOU FEEL GREAT , PERIOD!

on 4/23/2008 6:32:00 PM

Ugh smelled so bad on me that I had to run and wash it off after trying it on. There are only two scents that really really bother me and this is one of them. The other is CKOne Yuck!!

Popular Fragrances