Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Filtered by skin type : Other
Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

2.7

on 2/18/2009 4:24:00 PM

I'm surprised I don't see more people mentioning Pure Turquoise on the boards. I think it's very interesting (an Annie Buzantian creation), and it's a great value; but I also think few people truly enjoy a fragrance as sharp as this one. It does start off like a melony/aquatic floral, but then it starts to bring the classic Miss Dior to my mind, perhaps because of the combination of a white floral with an herbal astringency (sage in the case of Miss Dior). The drydown is very soft, with an impression of warm saltiness, yet it still retains a faint whiff of green sharpness. I think this is just a terrific fragrance. A friend sent me a generous decant. I can see owning a full bottle.

First off, I have enough of this to last a lifetime. My DH bought a GINORMOUS bottle of it in a set w/ lotion. It also came w/ a super cute little charm that I hung on my purse and get complimented on all the time, lol. Anyway... this scent is not for the faint of heart. As I mentioned in a previous fragrance review, I kinda suck at describing scents. This one is very... musky / earth mothery in my opinion. I do like it but sometimes it's too much. I do love the bottle, I think the angled top and the turqoise topper is really pretty.

on 7/17/2006 1:18:00 AM

I know I know, its all about how it reacts on your own skin...BUT it smelt like soap. Bad soap (the kinds you get in tiny packets at hotels). It was terribly over powering and even washing my hands didn't help. Smelt nice 8 hours later but whether that was because I could not longer smell it after a million hand washes I don't know. However I don't want to wait that long for base notes to finally cover the rest of it. Very disappointing. If I want to smell like bad soap, I could find a much cheaper way of achieving that. Thank god I tested it before buying!

on 3/18/2006 1:18:00 AM

Too strong!! Good god....

on 11/9/2005 10:49:00 AM

I will be buying a bottle of this fragrance. To me, it smells like the best notes from Lauren without the heaviness. It smells clean, but not insipid. I don't smell it and go flowers or patchouli or vanilla, but soap. It smells like really nice soap should smell. This is a great casual scent.

on 9/25/2005 8:44:00 AM

Tested this and it seems like the new fragrances are going in a strong, head shoppy direction I can not stand. Why are they doing this?

Popular Fragrances