Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

3.9

on 4/23/2008 6:32:00 PM

Ugh smelled so bad on me that I had to run and wash it off after trying it on. There are only two scents that really really bother me and this is one of them. The other is CKOne Yuck!!

on 12/12/2007 8:16:00 AM

Has lily of the valley and patchouli in it. Both are headache inducers to me. This fragrance was no exception. Very strong and masculine smelling on the dry down. I couldn't wait to scrub it off. If you like the fragrance, it will last and last.

on 7/17/2006 1:18:00 AM

I know I know, its all about how it reacts on your own skin...BUT it smelt like soap. Bad soap (the kinds you get in tiny packets at hotels). It was terribly over powering and even washing my hands didn't help. Smelt nice 8 hours later but whether that was because I could not longer smell it after a million hand washes I don't know. However I don't want to wait that long for base notes to finally cover the rest of it. Very disappointing. If I want to smell like bad soap, I could find a much cheaper way of achieving that. Thank god I tested it before buying!

on 11/10/2005 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i have one word to describe this UGHHH! in my opinion ralph lauren never disappoints but what was he thinking when this scent was created. i would only want to smell pure turquoise if my nose was stopped up and i needed a nasal decongestant. i'm sorry but am i the only one who thinks that this smell like something that has rusted?

on 5/21/2008 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pure Turquoise is interesting at first, a bouquet of white flowers next to the exfoliation table at the spa. Then about three minutes later, its dark side comes out. The name is fitting because it smells cheap, like the turquoise necklace you found at the bottom of the bargain bin and bought because you just couldn't go without it. But now you never wear it because it's really just hideous and screams Walmart.

on 3/18/2006 1:18:00 AM

Too strong!! Good god....

I am a huge fan of Ralph Lauren's fragrances. The last RL perfume I purchased was Blue, and after reading the description of Pure Turquoise I was expecting a stunning watery fragrance. I *so* wanted to like it, but when I spritzed it on my first thought was, "Oh no! Vicks Vapor Rub!". I nearly gagged. I was so disappointed! I would give it one lippy, but I'm giving it two in hopes of when I sample it at a later date I'll like it better.

on 1/5/2006 11:25:00 AM

I tested this on my clean, fragrance-free wrist the other day while shopping. At first it smelled lovely...in fact, a customer at a makeup counter I was at told me I smelled great. However, an hour or two later, the fragrance morphed into a very "old-ladyish" scent on me (DH agreed). Unfortunately, this is a problem with many fragrances and my skin--they smell nice at first and then turn icky on my skin (dang body chemistry!). Hmph. So, I rated this a two because of its initial pleasant scent.

on 9/25/2005 8:44:00 AM

Tested this and it seems like the new fragrances are going in a strong, head shoppy direction I can not stand. Why are they doing this?

on 9/14/2005 10:01:00 AM

Generic fruity-floral fragrance, rather forgettable, but my oh my, are those bottles beautiful! The base notes sound fantastic (patchouli, vanilla bourbon and rum), but I'm too overwhelmed by the lily of the valley and orange blossom to smell the earthiness beneath. 2 stars for the fragrance, 5 for the bottle.

Popular Fragrances