Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

on 5/14/2010 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

HOLY GRAIL!!! I first bought this years ago and was so sad when I found out it was a limited edition! Well I guess it was popular enough that they decided to bring it back and thank god they did! I ADORE this more than words can describe! It's the perfect soft, clean, fresh scent. I've gotten so many compliments on it! Its apparent popularity means it's become more widely available, and thus cheaper too! I most recently got the giant bottle last year in Target for $40, and it's seems like it's lasting forever! I wish they had a body spray too (do they? I've yet to see one anywhere) so I could mist everything I own!

This is one of those perfumes that just smells beautiful on me! First spritz can be a bit much, but after about 5 minutes, it turns into a beautiful aquatic floral on me. It has wonderful lasting power and just makes me feel sophisticated...like a lady. It's fresh and pretty. One of my favorites that I will order over & over again. Ralph got it right this time!

on 11/25/2008 10:57:00 AM

Love it.

I'm not usually a RL fragrance fan - the only other one I like is Glamourous - but this I adore. It's fresh, but without being too green. It dries down to something quite heavenly. I do think it could last longer (only about 3 hours for me, even with EDP and several good sprays).

I got this at a big-box store- gift set with 2 oz. body lotion and shower gel - and 4.2 ounce EDP spray - so it was a good deal for less than $40. I was going to give it as a Xmas gift - but liked it so much I kept it!

It's quite different from what I usually wear - gourmand scents like Angel - but it's very clean, classic, and I think it's good for work.

on 2/28/2007 12:29:00 PM

Overall a very wearable, clean scent. Smells like a scent that can be used by anyone, young or old. Floral and fresh without being sharp. Smells very similar to Romance to my nose.

on 2/8/2007 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So, there is a lot going on in Pure Turquoise land. Apparently, it's an exotic floral mystery. Notes include Dewy Cassis, Indigo Violet Petals, Lily Of The Valley, Cactus Flower, Night Blooming Cereus, Orange Flower Absolute, Bulgarian Rose Absolute Desert Lily, Patchouli, Sliver Birch Wood, Polished Amber, Vanilla Bourbon and Rum. Wow! Despite all this, the fragrance is still soft and serene yet also unusually sensual. The unique, almost antique looking glass bottle is gorgeous.

First off, I have enough of this to last a lifetime. My DH bought a GINORMOUS bottle of it in a set w/ lotion. It also came w/ a super cute little charm that I hung on my purse and get complimented on all the time, lol. Anyway... this scent is not for the faint of heart. As I mentioned in a previous fragrance review, I kinda suck at describing scents. This one is very... musky / earth mothery in my opinion. I do like it but sometimes it's too much. I do love the bottle, I think the angled top and the turqoise topper is really pretty.

on 10/1/2006 9:13:00 PM

Liked it so much I bought the lotion too. I think it smells like the sea....very aquatic. Many reviewers said they thought it smelled like eucalyptus or vicks vapor rub, but I dont get that at all. It seems to last a long time.

on 6/23/2006 12:04:00 PM

This is somewhat of a heady frag. but when it dries down its much softer. Its definitly a aquatic scent for me. Its heady but light, if that makes sence, lol. It seems to last for quite sometime. I like it alot, not love but its very nice

on 5/15/2006 10:53:00 PM

Pure Turquoise reminds me of a flower I used to love. I don't know what it's called in English, though. Here, this type of flower is used at funerals. It has a strong floral scent that is just so sexy! PT is a little fruity and I can't really break apart what I'm smelling. It's just so perfectly floral, creamy and wild. I love it!

on 3/30/2006 10:55:00 PM

This scent is sharp and dense upon initial spray; it is a watery, clean and strong scent with balsalm and water lily notes. The drydown is pillowy fern and sharp blue spruce top note. This reminds me of denim- a bit rough yet comfortable and familiar but still chic. It lacks a balance that other gourmand scents display but is a fine casual fragrance for late summer/ early fall.

Popular Fragrances