Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

3.5

on 10/28/2010 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My absolute favourite fragrance from Ralph Lauren is Blue for women, that scent has more of a personality to it. I generally love Ralph Lauren scent, but I got to say this wasn't that impressing.
This really reminds me off Paris Hilton Fairy Dust, its way to musky and sweet for my taste. The staying power of this isn't great, and that's because it is an EDT.
I love Ralph Lauren Blue for women and Rocks, I also love his other perfume such as Polo Blue for men, Polo Black for men and Ralph Lauren Romance, Hot etc which to me were all different and appealing, I though I cant go wrong with this, geez I was wrong.
I'm using this now as a room and car fragrance.

I bought this in a bargin bin I got the 3.4 oz EDP and the body lotion for $22. What a deal!!!
That said, I definately wouldn't pay full price for this. I didn't care for the fragrance. I don't typically care for the fresh fragrances, and I prefer things in the vanilla family, Hanae Mori, Marc Jacobs, etc.

on 4/16/2008 2:08:00 PM

I like this fragrance a lot. Although it reminds me of an elderly woman because how I discovered this fragrance was through a friend's grandma. But anyhow, I'm sure it's different when I wear it because I am young.

The scent is very clean and refreshing, it doesn't become gross like most RL I've experienced. Great way to test out fragrances is spray some on and sit in your car with windows shut. If you don't vomit, it's a good fragrance. And I must say it is a great fragrance.

It's so cute with the turquoise stone on the cap of the bottle, it's fairly priced and goes great for the summer. I wore it to the gym and no one seemed to mind, someone even said I smelled great. Fantastic!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This fragrance is good no complaints here but I'm putting it up for swap because I wanna try something else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I only wear this at night, and just a spritz. It's strong, but it's a pretty sexy scent. A guy my ex-roommate dated could not stop gabbing about how great I smelled when I wore this...which I don't think made her too happy! But he was so moved by it that he took down the name of it so that he could buy HER some! Haha!

on 11/4/2006 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't actually buy this but I have tested this on a few occasions at the department store. I must say that I admire but also hate it. It deserves admiration because this is a new direction that RL fragrances are going ever since it Romance. To me, this is a more complex fragrance, unlike Romance, Blue, Lauren Style and the like. But it isn't for me. The opening notes (where one can strongly smell the Cassis) are perfect for me. But after a while, it turns musty and the freshness disappears. I suppose it is the Patchouli, which I hate in general. It is okay. Unique even, as there are few new strongly woody female perfumes in the market recently, but I just can't identify with it. So it is back to Ralph during weekends, and Romance for work.

on 7/17/2006 1:18:00 AM

I know I know, its all about how it reacts on your own skin...BUT it smelt like soap. Bad soap (the kinds you get in tiny packets at hotels). It was terribly over powering and even washing my hands didn't help. Smelt nice 8 hours later but whether that was because I could not longer smell it after a million hand washes I don't know. However I don't want to wait that long for base notes to finally cover the rest of it. Very disappointing. If I want to smell like bad soap, I could find a much cheaper way of achieving that. Thank god I tested it before buying!

on 3/18/2006 1:18:00 AM

Too strong!! Good god....

I first smelled this on a little magazine strip Dillard's dep. store sent me and I was really impressed actually... and over time I forgot all about it until I went after Christmas shopping... ran into it again... I fell in love!
Its just a sensual pretty fragrance- not too floral- not too musky- not too soft- but definately not overpowering. Its the right combination of woodsy notes with soft florals to make it feminine yet really sexy and sophisticated. So I splurged (even though I vowed to save my money).. but how could I resist??? I was about to purchase the $55 but decided the BEST deal was the 4.2 ounce for $70-something. So I wont be running low for a loooong time... Its classic and fresh- yet a little mysterious and very addicting!

on 12/14/2005 10:05:00 PM

I don't know why this is getting mediocre reviews, because I just love this! I'm so sick of the sweet and fruity fragrances out there that don't have any distinct personality. I love how this smells out of the bottle, but the way it smells on me is the magical part of this perfume. Every time I put it on, it never smells the same! Sometimes it's sweet and subtle, other times it's spicy and distinct. I love love love it! I also love the fact that there is an air of sophistication every time I spray it on. The only thing I'm not sure about is the bottle itself. It's really nice and I like the cap (not sure if the turquoise is real on the cap), but it just comes in such big sizes! I'd love to have a couple of 1oz (at a cheaper price, haha) perfumes of this, because it's really awkard to spray on the rectangular/bulky shaped bottle. The best thing of all is that it is not sold at every department store known to man. I got mine at Bloomingdale's and have not even seen it at any other department store. Thank goodness! It's a good way to keep your individuality and not have to get tired of smelling it on other people. The End.

Popular Fragrances