Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I was so excited about this perfume. Sadly, it did not live up to my expectations. I tried to figure out what it was about the scent that was so unappealing to me. Finally I realized that it smells exactly like something my grandma used to wear. (I did ask her about it, but she said that she has never owned a Ralph Lauren perfume before.). Occasionally I do force myself to wear just because I don't want to waste it, and I will admit that it takes on a different scent when I wear it. Still I can't shake the thought that I smell like my grandma. I'm giving it four lippies because the lasting power is great and it's really not fair to judge it on my associations with the scent.

I am still in search of that perfect, HG perfume, and this is not it. I received a decant of this from a very generous MUAer (thanks!!), and although I don't hate it, I certainly don't love it. This is an average department store. Pure Turquoise smells very sharp at first spray, but after the top notes evaporate, what's left is a soft, sexy, clean, fresh floral. Lasting power is nice (5-6 hours on me).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A watery, mildly sweet fragrance that isn't very interesting, but can be worn to work or school without offending any noses.

I see this mostly as a casual fragrance that might be nice if you're feeling stressed and want a soft comforting fragrance.

Popular Fragrances