Alba Botanica Coconut Cream Lip Balm

Alba Botanica Coconut Cream Lip Balm

4.1

Not tested on animals

Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Organic Beeswax, Coconut Flavor, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Organic Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol And Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Allantoin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil

on 9/24/2017 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This lipbalmoholic has found her match. This goes on thick, slightly waxy but more buttery, and moisturizes lips wonderfully. The coconut flavor is divine, though over time it fades unfortunately. It feels so good on my lips that I keep pressing them together which leads to me having to reapply often. I don't fault the formula, rather my own behavior. At any rate, I've purchased this many times over and always keep one near me.

on 6/22/2017 2:54:00 PM

life-changing. game-changing. never buying another lip balm again.

Found this little gem for 99 cents at Grocery Outlet. I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a little skeptical, but I am pleasantly surprised by how good of a product it is. It smells great and moisturizes my lips nicely. I don't have to keep reapplying. It also leaves my lips slightly glossy.

The reasons I docked a star: it doesn't contain any SPF and the formula is so soft that while applying, little pieces will break off.

But overall, I like the product and the low price.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This was an all right lip balm. It's on the waxier side and such lip balms usually work better for me. I didn't need to reapply constantly, but it never left my lips feeling moisturized in the long-run. I would still reapply every hour or two on my extremely dry lips. The coconut scent was a generic tropical coconut scent, not overwhelming or awful but not a real draw for me since I prefer unscented products.

Overall, I didn't mind using this lip balm but I won't be going out of my way to repurchase.

I love this balm for many reasons. It's 99% organic, taste delightful coconutty/pineappley, and it creamy & moisturizing.😊

on 4/29/2017 4:13:00 AM

I like the texture and smell for the most part--not sure if I got an old one, but it was a bit "old lipstick" smelling. I don't know what that scent is, but it wasn't exactly fresh.

I can't believe the high ratings. I was given this and have to force myself to use it. The packaging is cheap - the product will not wind back down into the tube. So I am limited to using this at home. For such a small item, I didn't think it warranted contacting the manufacturer (or I just couldn't be that motivated). It goes on in such a thick glob that I just dab in onto my lower lip, press together and smooth with finger. Nothing at all that I find special about this. In fact I don't remember ever hating a lip balm. I didn't think it was possible.

on 2/5/2014 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very emollient lip balm. Like my review for the passionfruit nectar flavor, this moisturizes very well, isn't too thick but thick enough, not very waxy but yet it feels great on your lips. I like the tropical flavor it has, it reminds me of summer but I don't know if I would use it year round because of that. I am a seasonal person and prefer to use products that correspond with seasons, yes I am weird lol but I like to live presently and not necessarily in the future. Overall I like this lip balm but this flavor would be awesome to use in the summer.

on 6/27/2014 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I like that it actually moisturizes my lips but it isn't amazing. My lips still peel and become dry after a hour or bit more. It has been the moisturizing lip balm I have tried since now but it is a bit pricey so I think I will keep on looking.

pros:
- GORGEOUS creamy sweet coconut scent

cons:
- greasy/oily feel
- superficially moisturizing formula.. doesn't do much for the lips
- did I mention the greasy feel? it drives me crazy