Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (All brands)

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (All brands)

4.5

Cocos nucifera

on 6/21/2018 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This has become, for me, a universal skin moisturizer. It's liquid at room temperature in my dressing area, so it's hassle-free to use. I just dip, rub it on, and massage it in thoroughly. If I don't want residue (such as when I'm oiling my nails, immediately prior to polishing, with no acetone/alcohol "prep"), I just rub off the excess with a paper towel. Coconut oil blows everything else I've ever used on my feet, hands, nails, cuticles, and tattoos out of the water. I don't need a body moisturizer so much, but it smells amazing and gives a sexy sheen. It's so darn convenient to have one jar for everything - who needs more clutter on the bathroom counter? Even the extra virgin, organic, unrefined US$8 stuff is a steal when I consider everything it does. Just be sure you're buying from the baking aisle, not the little plastic tubs in the hair care section, which are at a ridiculous markup by comparison.

on 3/2/2018 11:17:00 AM

This is my holy grail eye cream. There was once where I had an allergic reaction to a certain eye cream and I suffered dry and scaly skin under my eyes. I tried so many different eye creams but it just did not work. Everytime I put on concealer, it would be a disaster. It would crack and get so cakey as the entire area was too dry. I was so devastated.

I was recommended coconut oil and wow thank you god for this!! The dry and scaly skin were finally gone and the area around my eyes became soft and supple again. I could wear my concealer without any flakiness.

anyone who suffers from dry under eyes pleaseeee give this a try. It is incredible.

I apply a pea sized amount around my entire eye at night to ensure that it is really moisturised and I use Kiehl’s avocado eye cream in the day! (I don’t use it eye cream on my upper eyelids during the day as I wear double eyelid tape and my coconut oil is so moisturising that it ensures my eyelids don’t dry out during the day)

Ive not tried applying onto other areas of my face as I’ve heard that it can be comedogenic so please proceed with caution!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The be all, end all of face and body moisturizers, at least for me. My skin just sucks it right up, with hardly any residue left over. A day or two of using this, and it was like I'd received a cuticle and foot transplant from a trophy wife. It gives my skin a lovely, faint sheen, and, of course, smells amazing. I most enjoy slathering it on while still in the shower, before my final rinse; my skin feels transcendentally moist and plump after toweling off.

I also love it for the eye area and any dry patches on my face; I expected it to break me out a little, or at least cause a few clogs, but I've had no difficulties whatsoever. I really only need such a small amount; a quarter sized glob for my entire body, and the tiniest dab for my face. My initial jar will last me forever.

The only areas coconut oil doesn't seem to work out for me are lips and hair. On my lips, I need something with more waxiness/stick factor. As far as my hair is concerned, coconut oil seems to make it greasy no matter how little I use, whether as a pre-treatment or as a leave in. I do like rubbing a tiny bit on the bristles of my comb before detangling, but I really have to be careful to minimize the amount I use. This and honey are the best beauty investments I've made in years!

Footnote: Yes, it makes an excellent personal lubricant. Maybe a little too excellent; sorry to be a broken record, but you really only need a very little bit. Not to be used with latex, of course!

I recently switched to Argan oil and Jojoba oil. Because Coconut oil doesn't work for me, personally. Hair: Looks greasy, even if I use a tiny bit. Plus the effect doesn't last long, my hair feels dry and greasy in the end. It's hard to wash it off, even when I use my shampoo or conditioner twice. It doesn't make a good difference with my hair. Face: Might be ok for fine lines under my eyes but otherwise, it clogs my pores and I get acne/pimples. It feels like a greasy film which can't penetrate my skin. I tried it with and without water but it doesn't make a difference. Result is always the same. It's only good for removing makeup but then I have to use a cleaner or micellar water to remove the oily residue. Body: Same with face (except I don't get pimples). I like to apply it before I shave so my skin won't get irritated. Food: Eating pure coconut oil is... not my thing, thanks. A colleague at work told me it helps her and she noticed it makes her feel better. I tried to eat it before breakfast for five days (table spoon full) but I had to stop because I did not like it. So, as a shave oil and for its good benefits for eating it gets the 2 lips. But otherwise, it's not useful for me. I found that Argan oil and Jojoba oil are the best oils for me. And thank God I switched to these. Or else I would still say that oils are just a useless beauty trend.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love this , I do saturate my hair with this overnight, wash it next day and it makes a difference really

I have used this as a facial and body moisturizer and I like it. Very light and smells good. My only problem is that I find that coconut oil doesn't absorb well into my skin and so I am left feeling a bit greasy.

on 7/11/2017 12:36:00 PM

I buy my coconut oil from Costco. you get a lot for what you are paying for. I use coconut oil for everything like hair masks, on legs after shaving (couple hours after), an under eye and eyelash oil, and so on. I do not recommend putting pure coconut oil on your face, in small amounts it may be okay but it is known for breaking people out.

I always struggled with CO in the shower. Do I melt it in the shower? Melt it prior showering? Greasy jar? Messy hands? etc. I thought there must be a better way and eureka the idea came to me in the shower of all places.

I brought two plastic silicone pop ice cube trays from Kmart at $1.50. Placed the jar in hot water, so all the CO melts but if it's hot enough it will melt on its own. Place the ice cube trays on a metal baking sheet. Carefully pour the oil into the ice cube trays. Place in a freeze or fridge for an hour. After an hour pop the ice cubes out and store in the jar in the fridge. I use two CO ice cubes on my skin after showering. You can even portion CO this way for cooking.

on 2/14/2017 3:28:00 PM

I started using this before I use my lush cleanser, and it makes a HUGE difference! My skin is much clearer because I'm actually taking off my makeup before using a scrub. I've used non-organic oil makeup removers, and they work a little better at taking everything off, but I love that this is natural and more moisturizing than other oils I have tried.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Use it all the time for a variety of things. Love it.