Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.5

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 2/2/2019 6:12:00 PM

This nail strengthener may work for most but what ever is in this stuff makes my nail lift from my nail bed.

4 bottles used (almost 5!) and I've seen no improvement in my nails, only worsening of my nails while using this. A year ago I decided to stop doing my nail dip at home cause it just consumes too much time so I removed it and let my nails grow out on their own all the while using Nailtiques religiously but seeing no results at all but still choosing to stick with it, hoping for a miracle. Then this spring came and I stopped doing anything with my nails, even Nailtiques cause I saw no improvements in my nails at all and I got lazy and stopped focusing on nails and nail polish.
Then in July my nails started growing in so long, beautiful and healthy without any help from Nailtiques, just religiously oiling my nails and cuticles as I've always done so I started back on the polish bandwagon again with polishing my nails. And then sadly cold weather came and my nails started up again with snapping, cracking and breaking so I started using Nailtiques again. Big mistake because this stuff has stunted my nail growth pretty bad, my nails used to grow quickly and now they are barely growing and I noticed an increase in cracks. Today I have a new crack on my left thumbnail where I never get a crack at. I know my nails very well so I know the area where this new crack is isn't normal for my nails. I'm right handed yet my middle and ring fingernails have cracked and snapped off right where the skin is attached to the nail. Ouch.
I will be going back to my nail dip which I hate to do but I have many, many bottles of polish and I'm tired of sitting around waiting for my nails to hopefully get healthy with this overpriced stuff, it's like trying to watch a tree grow.
Also, for this tiny itsy bitty bottle it sure is expensive! 1/3 of the way down on a new bottle and it's already so very thick. Trying to apply it to your nail once the polish gets down to almost gone is impossible because you're able to do half a nail then you shake the bottle to coat the brush, get some polish on the brush, go back to apply to the rest of the nail and the brush picks up what you just put onto your nail! I don't have the patience for that! Also, this stuff takes forever to dry but also dries quick so like I mentioned above, you try to go over the rest of the nail you end up picking up what you just applied to the nail. This stuff chips off my nails quickly which renders this "treatment" useless if it's chipping off the nails so bad. And to make it worse, this stuff peels off my nails too taking off the top layer of my nail. My nails never peel. They just crack at the sidewalls on certain nails yet they cracked on nails I never get cracks at.
I should have known better considering my hair hates protein so of course my nails would hate protein also.
Never again will I try to make this overpriced, overhyped stuff work. If it works for you then lucky you.
Also, how would this stuff work once the nails you treated are already grown out? Makes no sense that it would actually help the nail once the treated nails have grown out.
This is MY experience with this product. Don't get mad that I'm knocking it down to the lowest possible rating just because it worked for you and didn't work for me. I gave this stuff a fair shot. Consider yourself lucky that it actually DID in fact work for you.
Also, I did contact Nailtiques about which formula I should use, they suggested I use the 2+ Formula so I know I didn't use the wrong one and perhaps that's why I didn't have positive results from Nailtiques.

on 11/23/2017 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've tried so many products over the years to try to get my weak nails to grow, and to stop splitting and peeling. I've purchased 2 really good nail strengtheners - these actually WORK! This Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus, and the Rejuvacote. I'll be repurchasing the Rejuvacote because it's more reasonably priced and I can't tell a difference in the efficacy of the two.

I've had gel nails done for years and got tired of the time and $$ it requires and am thrilled I finally found 2 different products that have strengthened my forever-weak nails. My nails actually look GOOD now, and they stay really strong as long as I continue to use these (I tested both products by using one consistently on one hand and the other product on opposite hand) and I highly recommend either this Nailtiques product or the Rejuvacote!

UPDATE: This review relating to the Rejuvacote product is for the Formula 1 and/or 2, meaning either the forumula 1 or the formula 2 are superior, from my experience, to the regular ("plain") "Rejuvacote Nail Growth System". I accidentally purchased the "regular" product and it did not perform on my nails like the 1 and the 2 perform. The 2 is for super sensitive skin/nails and is formaldehyde free - that's the difference between the 1 and the 2. They both perform beautifully to correct weak, brittle nails and to create nail strength.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy grail product! I went through a period for about a year where my nails just went to shit. I went from having fairly strong nails to ones that peeled like crazy, and nothing else seemed to help. I tried giving my nails breaks from nail polish, I tried multiple different nail strengtheners (including Nail Envy and the regular Nailtiques Formula 2), I tried vitamins and I tried oiling my nails (tried both Bliss Kiss Simply Pure and CND Solar Oil) but none of that helped. My nails would never stop peeling long enough to grow out the damaged part of my nails, until I tried this stuff. It took time and patience for this product to work as it can't permanently seal off the parts of your nail that have already begun to peel, but when I used it daily it prevented new peeling and kept my nails "glued" together until they had grown out to the point that all of the damaged nail had been cut or filed off.

Even now, I use this product weekly as a base coat for my manicure to help keep my nails in shape and I haven't experienced any peeling in months. In fact, I think my nails are stronger now than they have ever been! It's even helped extend the life of my manicures as I can go 10-12 days without serious chipping, when that wouldn't have been possible before.

My only complaint for this product is that they don't make it in larger sizes! .25 oz is ridiculous small.

on 8/26/2016 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My life saver!!!! Tried Sally Hansen and OPI Nail Envy but they did nothing. Within 2 weeks I've seen good results.

on 7/15/2016 3:06:00 PM

I really wish I had taken before and after photos of my nails because they were in rough, rough shape my friends. Nailtiques has single-handedly turned them around. No joke.

I naturally have the woooorst dry, peely, problematic nails ever. Like, I always keep my nails polished not for the love of it - but to hide the nastiness that lurks underneath. Even worse, the polish would only last a day or two before looking terrible because of the peeling, and so it was a vicious cycle during which my nails could never heal. Anyhow, I picked up Nailtiques 2+ at Ulta about two months ago and ny nails currently have nary a flaw. It's not cheap, but I got the smaller bottle and it's still half full, and doesn't get thick and gloopy as time goes on.

My nails showed improvement almost immediately, but you have to let the damaged parts grow out to truly see the real effects. I am honestly amazed - I've used products that have helped the issue, but I never thought I would ever be rid of it. Of all my many reviews, this one for Nailtiques 2+ has the absolute LEAST amount of hyperbole, lol.

It is MIRACULOUS and has made my life so much easier by saving me time, lessening discomfort and self-consciousness...the $11-$17 is 100% worth it. If you have weak nails, RUN run run and get this stuff!

It is also just a real pleasure to use. Nice and smooooth, dries quickly. Brb, gonna go kiss my bottle.

on 6/23/2016 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My nails were horribly dry an were peeling halfway down the nail. I tried all sorts of treatments including Nail Envy, Solar Oil, Sally Hansen, Rejuvacote and jojoba oil. Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus was the treatment that finally saved my nails.

My before and after photos with no nail polish on in both pictures:

Full Size Image

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I go through this stuff like carzy. I use Nail Magic as a back up when I run out but this stuff is great. Definitely does something at repairing the nails but it isn't magic by any means at all but better than nothing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hi. This came out when I was in high school 25 years ago. I bought it at a tanning salon of all places! This is the best nail treatment ever. Over the years, I have tried practically everything, but nothing compares to this. I always have this on hand. It does get thick when you have used half the bottle, but now they have thinner you can buy. You have to follow the directions. I use this as a basecoat, and as a topcoat it works as well, if not better than any of them out there. You can use a coupon at Ulta, and I buy it there.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Any time my nails start looking like hot garbage, I use this for a couple days. It's so weird how they look better immediately...I swear, I can almost see them grow in front of my eyes. My mom is a reformed fake nail junkie and I've also gotten her hooked on this. She leaves it beside her nightstand, and thanked me profusely for the recommendation.

Top notch product, albeit at a top notch price, but sometimes you have to pay for results.

Popular Treatments