Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.6

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this product is my Holy Grail base coat!! let me give you a little background:
i've been into polish and painting my nails on a daily basis for about 3 years now. when things started out, my nails were very nice and would grow to a decent length before i finally had to chop or file them down because of damage done by work (i work in a factory- very hard on the nails)
after a year or so i started having issues with peeling and splits.. i used OPI nail envy for quite some time.. it worked well for awhile.
the issues got worse.. it got to the point where i was unable to grow my nails past stubs for about 6 months. they'd split, peel or break instantly. i tried everything!! all kinds of oils, treatments, base coats, wearing gloves at work.. nothing helped until i found this product.
that was about a month ago. my nails are so long right now, i can barely type this testimony! lol! they grow and grow and don't break or split or peel for anything!! it is like a miracle happened.
this stuff is VERY expensive!! but i will find a way to afford it- i have never had nails this healthy in my entire life. all i do is use it as a base coat before i polish. it works decently as a base- dries quickly, holds the polish on fairly well..
if you have problems with splitting or peeling nails due to stress and too much chemical exposure, i would highly recommend this product. i hope it works as well for you as it does for me. i am absolutely in love with this treatment

on 4/28/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My nails are prone to peeling and breaking; they're just weak and soft. The only way to avoid this is to never paint them again. That just feels sad. I take Biotin daily and have for the past several years. Who knows if it helps at all. I have had this Nailtiques product a while, and always forget to try it because the situation seems like a lost cause.

Recently though, most of my nails were peeling and the outermost sections would just break right off. I was so frustrated I reached for this again. In about 2 weeks, the peeling is under control. Existing peels did not "seal up" of course, but there is no further damage. As my nails grow, I am able to cut away the weak ends and grow stronger nails.

I use this once a day, and try to only remove it when it starts looking brown. That is the only complaint I have. After about 3 layers, the nails have a gross nicotine brown tinge and I have to remove it all. Not much of a problem, really.

I did not try the 2 Formula, because well I don't listen to rules I guess *shame*. I have never had adverse affects from 2Plus, but be advised it is recommended to try 2 first.

This is an amazing product... As someone who used to be a terrible nail biter I thought my nails would never be able to grow strong, as even after I managed to stop biting them they'd break and peel and never grow. I tried many strengtheners etc which helped a bit but after reading reviews of this I thought I'd try it and I'm so glad I have!! I've been using it for about 2 months and my nails are like claws! They just keep growing and I don't have the heart to cut my new beautiful long nails.
My two middle fingernails were the worst for peeling and would split and not grow at all but now one of them has no peeling at all and the other has very slight peeling at the top if I look carefully but nothing that is going to break the nail. My two index fingernails are still peeling slightly but not badly enough that I need to cut them down. All my other nails are super strong and smooth, I don't even like to paint my nails anymore because they look so nice natural with a layer of this on for some shine.
I accidentally bought formula 2 plus thinking it was just formula 2 because I don't use fake nails/gels etc so I didn't think I'd need it but I'm glad I ended up with this one because it's made such a nice difference to my nails! I wish I had before and after photos!

on 9/11/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great for weak, thin, peeling nails but do not over do it - take breaks and read about how to correctly re-protein/ize your nails.

on 1/2/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This shit WORKS. My nails do not peel any more at all. I'm halfway through one bottle - will buy again!

on 12/28/2013 5:01:00 AM

This is the only thing that has worked for me. My nails are normally like layers of rice paper at the ends and never seem to grow. I tried this years ago, but I am not very good with the correct routine and gave up even though it was working.

I tried it again a couple of years ago but this time I follow the directions except I just slap it on the tips every day (sometimes in very low light) rather than trying to be perfect. Sometimes I do not remove it for a couple of weeks and just keep doing the tips. Since it is clear, it is hard to see how it really looks, but when I put strong ready readers on I know it is time to stop being lazy and to start from scratch.

My nails are now strong and a perfect length, but I do have to keep an eye on them because they grow too long now.

on 12/26/2013 8:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the only nail treatment that has worked for me. Even OPI Nail Envy can't compare to this. It really makes my nails a lot harder and helps with the chipping and all. I had really bad nails before, even if I kept them as short as I could they would still chip and crack. This along with Body Shop Hemp Handcreme has worked wonders and now I have the nails I've dreamt of. Highly recommend this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. Do not hesitate to buy it.

Ever since I used acrylic nails TWO YEARS AGO my nails have been wrecked. They were dry, flexible/bending, peeling and always chipping. I could never have a pretty manicure for more than an hour and it'd chip right off. I was literally about to give up and then my mom told me about Nailtiques so I went to ULTA and bought it. Literally after only ONE WEEK, I saw amazing results. It's been about 2 and a half weeks now and my nails are growing so quickly and strong that I already need to file them.

This stuff works. Seriously. It's a bit pricey and that's why I gave it a 4, but I consider totally worth it because of the results it gives so quickly and how strong it has made my nails after years of problems. I always spend a little bit extra on beauty products like this just because I know it'll get it right the first time versus trying tons of products that don't do anything.

Here is a before and after picture after literally only the FIRST WEEK!:

Full Size Image

on 5/28/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm crazy about this product! After a lifetime of weak, peeling nails I have finally found something that really works! For the first 6 weeks I used it almost every day, and cheated a little bit with colour polish. After that I had such good results I use it about 3 times a week. I've almost used up the bottle now and am about to order the formula 2 in hope it will maintain the great results I've had.

I'ts a bit on the expensive side (at least in Europe) but I think it's worth it! It's still alot cheaper than acrylics or other extensions. And it's an awesome base coat.

I bought this after reading all the great reviews on here. My nails were thin and would peel as soon as the whites of my nails started to grow. I've been using this nearly every day for about 6 weeks now. At first i didn't think it as working for me, it took about 3-4 weeks for me to start to see a difference in my nails. Now they are much stronger, they still occasionally peel but no where near as much as before. The product does tend to build up around the top of the bottle, but it can be removed with nail polish remover. The packaging says to apply one coat every day for a week, but i find it tends to peel off after about 5 days so i removed it and started again when it started to peel off.

I would definitely recommend this product, although it is quite pricey but it is worth it!

Popular Treatments