Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.4

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I go through this stuff like carzy. I use Nail Magic as a back up when I run out but this stuff is great. Definitely does something at repairing the nails but it isn't magic by any means at all but better than nothing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Usually my nails grow super fast and are quite tough, but sometimes the edges peel. I tried a couple Sally Hansen things, but after no luck, I decided to "upgrade" to the Nailtiques and give them a shot. I used the formula as directed for three weeks, and did see a VERY slight decrease in peeling on most of my fingers. My thumbs still peel a lot though, and since those are the ones I was most hoping to fix, I'm not too thrilled. It did strengthen most of them, but it also turned my nails yellow/orange! Today is my fourth day without any Nailtiques formula, and already they're brighter and whiter like before. Maybe good if your nails are on their last leg, but if you just are hoping for a little help, I'd stay away. Too expensive, and can turn beautiful but weak nails into a yellow mess!

on 2/17/2010 3:35:00 AM

I've bought several bottles but go through them like water. I use Nail Magic as a back up when I run out but this stuff is great. Absolutely repairs the nails from death. So far the best in terms of growth/strength

on 3/6/2009 3:06:00 PM

After 40 some-odd years, I finally have nails that I must actually trim on occasion. My nails have ALWAYS been thin, bendy, and peely (thats a word, right?). It wasn't worth me trying to paint my nails since the second water hit them, my nails would bend and the polish would peel off. Now, polish lasts forever and I give the BEST back scratches!! I always used this with polish, even though the directions said not to, so I had no issues with peeling and this did not seem to diminish its effectiveness.

After I finished the bottle of 2Plus, I "graduated" to the Formula I Maintenance. I was worried that this would not sufficient, but they continue to be exceptionally hard, not brittle. They are so impressive now that when I hit my nail against something, I am not worried if I broke the nail, but if my nail broke whatever it was I hit. Worth every... single.... shiney.....penny!

on 9/29/2008 11:10:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff! It's expensive, but it's really worth it. I finally have the nails I always wanted! I had always, my whole life, suffered with extremely thin and bendy nails that peeled like crazy no matter how careful I was, and nail polish always peeled off because they were so bendy. I'd tried nail hardeners before, but they never did anything more than a regular clear coat on me.

So I did a board search, and they recommended this for me - I started using this stuff three weeks ago, and my nails are hard and healthy! No peeling, no splitting, no cracking, nothing! And polish stays on for a week! I can actually grow my nails out however long I want them! For the first time in my life, if I want my nails shorter, I have to deliberately cut or file them. Like a normal person!

I don't have a problem with this formula peeling off - It does eventually peel, but only after about 5-7 days, and that's about as long as you can expect any manicure to last.

I use this on the bare nail, then I use 2 coats of color, then Seche Vite topcoat, and then I apply a coat of this on top once a day for as long as my manicure lasts, and it stays really shiny and beautiful.

My bottle has not gotten gloppy as the pamphlet warns, but I think that's partly because I keep it in its original box. All nail polishes set by exposure to UV and/or cold, so if you just keep your nail polish in a dark box in a climate controlled room, they won't thicken for a loooong time.

If you have really week, bendy, splitting nails, I can't recommend this highly enough.