Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.4

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy grail product! I went through a period for about a year where my nails just went to shit. I went from having fairly strong nails to ones that peeled like crazy, and nothing else seemed to help. I tried giving my nails breaks from nail polish, I tried multiple different nail strengtheners (including Nail Envy and the regular Nailtiques Formula 2), I tried vitamins and I tried oiling my nails (tried both Bliss Kiss Simply Pure and CND Solar Oil) but none of that helped. My nails would never stop peeling long enough to grow out the damaged part of my nails, until I tried this stuff. It took time and patience for this product to work as it can't permanently seal off the parts of your nail that have already begun to peel, but when I used it daily it prevented new peeling and kept my nails "glued" together until they had grown out to the point that all of the damaged nail had been cut or filed off.

Even now, I use this product weekly as a base coat for my manicure to help keep my nails in shape and I haven't experienced any peeling in months. In fact, I think my nails are stronger now than they have ever been! It's even helped extend the life of my manicures as I can go 10-12 days without serious chipping, when that wouldn't have been possible before.

My only complaint for this product is that they don't make it in larger sizes! .25 oz is ridiculous small.

on 4/7/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My index finger on my right hand has always had a tendency to peel, despite the fact that I take biotin every day. But over a month ago I had 3 nails peeling on my right hand...and when they grew out the littlest bit, the top of the nail would just peel off again before the nail even grew beyond the nail bed! I was getting soooo frustrated!

I came to this site looking for something that might help, and came across this product. I ordered it from Amazon for $9 after shipping, which is about the same price as an OPI polish. I've used it for 2 weeks, and I LOVE it!!!! It may not be a miracle product (my nails don't seem to be growing any faster) but it has certainly allowed my nails the strength to grow without breaking! The directions say that if you feel a burning you should stop using it or use it less often, but I don't feel any sensation at all. It looks and feels just like a strong base coat. (I've been putting the polish on every night before bed, layering it on top of the layer(s) from the night before...then took it off after a week and started again....and I took it off today to start another week.)

The top 3 pictures are my nails before the first use (you can see they are colored yellow from a strong brown polish I had used.) The bottom 2 pictures are from 2 weeks later (today.) If you look closely, you can see the peeling on my index and middle fingers of my right hand. Again, not a miracle nail grower...but imo a miracle nail strengthener!

Edit: May 1...I've been putting this product on my nails just about every day, and not taking it off unless it started peeling (which was about every week) then starting over. No nail-breaks all month until two days ago when I peeled off the polish, but decided not to re-polish until I went to bed...only to discover that one of my nails had broken in between times! It doesn't seem that this polish actually strengthens YOUR nails per se, but it definitely strengthens them while the polish is on them (which is still great imo!) In fact, I hit my pinkie nail on a printer at work the other day, and it bent backward 2mm into the nail bed and still didn't break! (But I had to cut it way down because my nail bed hurt every time my nail hit something.) My index fingernail was very long until yesterday when I hit it on the side of something...and it broke a piece off sideways so I just had to file the nail to be skinnier...but the rest of the nail was still very strong, and I didn't even have to re-polish it. I don't know about using this product with colored nail polish because I've just been using it alone every day, but I actually feel even sorrier for my previous self whose nails were always breaking, because now they're so easy to keep up! I was right to be so frustrated before :)

Edit: June 19. So I've decided this stuff actually DOES strengthen your nails when you've used it long enough because my nails are VERY strong without anything on them! But it took 2 months or so. Now I can put a layer of this on, put the polish on that I want, and put another layer of the this stuff over it as a top coat. (It really does help to let the color dry a minute or two, then dip your hand in ice cold water to dry the color completely...otherwise my polish was too pliable and would literally "move and tear" an hour or two later because of not drying all the way through.) Here are some quick pics I took at around the 2 month mark, just to show the nail growth in that time period.

Update: January 2016. I still LOVE this stuff!!!! Although I was going through it rather quickly since I use it as a base and top coat, even on my toes. So I finally took a chance on the cheaper Formula 2 version (not the plus) about 3 weeks ago. It's not as "gooey"...a little thinner...but it seems to work just as well at keeping my nails strong and keeping my polish looking nice. But honestly, my nails are now stronger with nothing on them at all so the real proof will be in a few months when the nails that have been treated with the plus version have grown out. I'll update again in a few months, but for now if your nails are doing well on the plus version, I do recommend trying the non-plus for less money.

I have noticed, as a side note, that when my nails DO break (more than a chip off the end), they tend to break down in my nail bed. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but ouch! It's only happened maybe 3 times and it might be my fault (trying to open a bathroom drawer from the side so it hit my thumb nail instead of using the drawer knob) but they do at least grow out faster now. And it's actually very difficult to cut my thumb nails now with a nail clipper because they're so thick and strong. YEAH!!!!!

Yup, it actually works. I am one of those people that is going to say that they have tried everything for their nails and nothing worked. I now have a combination of products that works for me so that my nails do not peel. That is my number one nail issue- super peely nails especailly my index fingers. Now I use nailtiques formula 2+. You have to give it a while- like at least three weeks, before you can say whether it is really working for you. I used it as directed for close to a month. Now I use it as a base coat when I have my nails done, which is most of the time, or have bare nails. Another product I have used in conjuction that I love so much is the Nutra Nail odor free nondamaging polish remover. I really do think it is this combo that has helped my nails so much. I think if I removed the nailtiques with regular polish remover, even acetone free, my nails would still be a bit peely. The Nutra Nail remover does not leave my nails dry. My nails would always seem dry after I removed polish with cutex or whatever other brand- usually acetone but even the acetone free. SO I would highly highly recommend this combination!
Added 11/16/16: I started using this again to try to grow out my nails. And again, it works. You just have to be really patient and consistent. I apply it daily and have done so for the past month and a half. And only now are my nails looking much better. They were quite peely and damaged partly from the gel manis I had gotten. I only use nutranail non-damaging polish remover which isn't so drying and I think that helps. I also moisturizer very frequently. Some reviews said this made a difference in days. For me, it took st least a month of consistent use to really work but if you keep at it, it really does work! It does tend to get thick before you make it through the whole bottle but nailtiques has a product for that too (to thin it out). Seems to work pretty well.

on 4/20/2014 2:22:00 PM

BUY IT! ok so I'm one of those people who hates to spend a lot of money on most things. I'm cheap. and this is not cheap. I got my teeny tiny bottle for $10 and I was shocked how little it was, but the reviews were all so good I went for it and I'm so so glad I did. Background on my nails. They were weak, flaked off and peeled like old wallpaper. They broke constantly and no matter what I tried nothing helped. I've tried most things listed below that others have tried all with absolutely no change in my poor nails. Finally it got so bad I couldn't even run my fingers through my hair without breaking a nail. Something had to be done. This was recommended by a youtuber. I wish I could remember her name I'd send her flowers. The reviews they aren't lying, this really does honestly work! I had to not wear nail polish for about month which sucked cause I'm addicted to doing my nails, but once again, the results were totally worth it. I put a fresh coat on my nails everyday for 5 days then took all the coats off and started again. I did this for two weeks straight then I did a coat every other day for two more weeks. then i started using it a base coat under my nail polish, every time I did my nails. It's been about three months and I haven't broken a nail in a month. There is almost no flaking on my nails now and they have gotten so long I needed to cut them back cause I kept scratching my self and my boyfriend (be careful what you ask for) The nail polish does get thicker but I didn't find it was a ridiculous amount. the brush doesn't seem to go all the way down so you kind of have to fish for it when you get to the bottom of the bottle, which I am at now after three months. I can't say if the results will last without using the treatment as I am still using it off and on at this point. However I will definitely repurchase if my nails start getting bad again. If you want healthier nails this is absolutely worth the money. It is something that truly does work.

This clear nail polish really does make nails grow faster, stronger, & more evenly. The only downside is, it starts to peel only after a day. I recommend using another polish over it. Its also pricey.

on 5/22/2010 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I must have the weakest nails on the planet. They break off and peel like crazy. No nail product has ever worked for me--until this one. I was very skeptical at first, but this stuff really works. My nails are so much stronger now and they're actually growing! Best of all, this product starts working immediately. You’ll see results in only a week or so.

My hands look so pretty now, thanks to Nailtiques. This product is truly a miracle worker. It may be a little pricey, but it's definitely worth every penny. This is simply amazing!!!

on 6/15/2008 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

No doubt, this did help my nails get longer... but it peels horribly. I typically do my nails at night, before bed, and by the time I'm on the train, this stuff is peeling off. I tried coating over it with OPI polish and topcoat, and it still comes right off. Moving on to Nail Tek by recommendation of a friendly manicurist. This is just too expensive for what it is.

Popular Treatments