Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.5

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 2/2/2019 6:12:00 PM

This nail strengthener may work for most but what ever is in this stuff makes my nail lift from my nail bed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I go through this stuff like carzy. I use Nail Magic as a back up when I run out but this stuff is great. Definitely does something at repairing the nails but it isn't magic by any means at all but better than nothing.

on 4/14/2015 4:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Never tried Formula 2 and went straight to using 2 Plus since I wanted a stronger formula. My nails naturally grow well, flex, and peel easily. This formula works extremely well for my type of nails. They rarely peel, and they're very hard/durable now. I use it even when I don't paint my nails with a color since it keeps them healthy/looking good. This also works nicely as a base coat for color polish when I feel like using it. It took at least a month or two for this treatment to have lasting effects, so give it at least a few applications before writing it off.

on 3/19/2013 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you have problematic nails (breakage for no apparent reason once your nails get to a "classy" length), then Nailtiques is for you. For no reason, my nails usually break once they get to the length that I want them to be which is about 1mm past my fingers (whatever length hand models have natural nails at in advertisements). They will rip and give me painful hang nails, or they will just break and I'm forced to file the whole nail (compromising the length for an even edge). But with nailtiques Formula 2+, I am able to maintain the length I want and my nails have never looked better. This is really good to put on after removing gel manicures or acrylic nails (severity of nail conditions is respective to formula # system). Asthetically, a regular manicure (polish on top of natural nails) has never cut it for the condition of my natural nails, and thanks to this product I don't have to wear acrylic nails. When I wear gel polish people think my nails are acrylic, they can't believe it's my actual nail bed beneath the gel polish. I was also a hardcore nail biter, and now I don't bite my nails because I'm too busy admiring my nails. This stuff really works. But you've got to follow the application directions on the box! And you've got to be diligent about it for about 2 weeks-1month. It's not some hardcore routine though, people that say this stuff doesn't work either are not consistent with the application or are using the wrong formula (requiring formula 3 but using formula 2, for instance). Once you consistently use this stuff, the maintainence is super easy: you just apply nailtiques at your own discretion or I love to use it as a base coat for my polish. It is the best base coat I've ever used. Your nail color will not chip as frequently and polish goes on smoother. It is even affective under your polish! I get no yellowing or stains from polish and my nail polish (no matter how vibrant or dark the color is) is super easy to remove with regular nail polish remover. I love this stuff. Instead of having to have a full blown manicure, I just file my nails to shape, use this as base coat, follow with polish and seche vite quick dry top coat and i'm good. my nail beds always look good with this stuff and i keep my hands conditioned with sporatic hand moisturizer (basically whenever I remember or have time to put on hand lotion after I wash hands, and before bedtime). Because of nailtiques and since I use it as a base coat for any type of manicure (gel or regular polish) I am able to have nails/hands that I'm not embarrassed of and best of all it is so simple and low maintanance. One bottle lasts a long time (read the pamphlet that comes in the packaging..very informative material..seriously!), even the mini Formula 2 bottle. I love this stuff, I can't do without it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

it really make your nail stonger...but the bottle is hard to use.. a lot left at the end which can't use and got wasted..

on 9/13/2012 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Wow. I was ready to give up on my nails--they peeled, cracked and chipped. Flat out would not grow. As a last resort, I tried this. It takes a while, 3-4 weeks, but my gosh, worth the wait. I have nails I need to cut, and the demarcation between bed and tip is clear, whereas before the demarcation was blurred due to the excessive peeling. I try to put it on every day for 7 days. The formaldehyde worried me, that my nails would get brittle, and they don't. I do not find it excessively peels off my nail. The look is that of clear polish, very nice. I will use it as a base coat under polish when I start wearing it again.

it seems to be helping the cracked nail (length-wise split) sustained in a car door slam a few years back. ( I still need to glue the free end a bit.) but I was so tired of gel-ling this single nail. this may help me to finally have 10 long-ish nails.

It does thicken up, so it's good it's only 1/4 oz. $9.99, in CVS or Ulta.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've only been using this for one week plus and seem to work. My nails are stronger and harder. I used to have soft, peeling nails that crack before they grow out from the nail bed. This is the only nail treatment that does that!! Hope it'll keep working for me.

on 5/31/2012 10:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This nail protein is a miracle worker. I have soft nails prone to breakage and the Nailtiques improves the strength of my nails with only one coat. The only downside is that it tends to peel pretty easily, which isn't a huge deal if you put a fresh coat on every day. Even when I get super lazy and don't add additional coats every day, my nails still improve. I like the way it makes my nails look, too. Not too glossy, but not matte. I've been using this stuff for years and have tried similar, less expensive products that are nowhere near as effective, so I now stay loyal to Nailtiques. Some drugstores carry a 2-pack of Formula 2 Plus, so I pick this up when I see it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Good product. At first, I didn't think this was working. It takes time, effort and patience for this to work it's miracles. You MUST follow the instructions on the package. You have to apply one coat daily and not exceed more then one coat daily.
Description: Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus - Treatment for excessive, problem nails. Nailtiques nail protein was created to treat different nail conditions. The salon-tested formulations offer special combinations of ingredients, including hydrolyzed keratin and protein in combination with gelatin and calcium to build a healthy nail foundation. The protein formulas bond the nail layers together building a strong nail foundation resistant to peeling, chipping and splitting.
Directions: Apply daily. As nails respond, decrease application. Once nails have improved, return to Formula 2 until nails are healthy. Formula 2 PlusŪ may be worn alone or with color polish.
Experience: My nails are always weak, short and thin that break and peel. Rarely, do I have all nails with even, pretty and noticeable white tips. I find nail treatments that work for a while but only medicore because I will always break a nail or the product gets too goopy and it ends up being a waste. I can honestly say that this *holds breath* IS my HG for my problem nails. I purchased this products based on it's glowing reviews here on MUA. When I say this takes effort, you still have to do your part in protecting your nails such as using a cuticle oil and hand lotion daily, wearing cleaning gloves and filing any rough edges daily to prevent splitting. This review is special because I'm a person that did everything to get strong growing nails. I tried all the treatments, I took supplements, I ate certain foods and all to be left with crappy nails. I feel that Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus really is a miracle for my pathetic nails.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is truly amazing. I've never been able to grow my nails very long because of how thin and brittle they were. After having acrylics for a while, I decided to try and grow my natural nails again. Of course they looked awful. The manicurist suggested this product and I'm so glad she did. I remember using nailtiques several years ago, but it was a different formula (can't remember which) so it didn't have the same results. This makes my nails sooo strong and hard, and my nails are normally thin and easily breakable. They've never grown so fast. I stopped using this for a while after my nails strengthened, and started using other products because I got some popular nail treatments at TJ maxx for a great price, but after two nails broke, I've come back to nailtiques for my base. For what it does, I don't think the price is bad at all. The bottle is kind of small and this particular formula isn't available at walgreens (atleast at mine), but I put it on 2 days a week or so, so I still have a good amount left.

Popular Treatments