Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.7

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 11/23/2017 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've tried so many products over the years to try to get my weak nails to grow, and to stop splitting and peeling. I've purchased 2 really good nail strengtheners - these actually WORK! This Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus, and the Rejuvacote. I'll be repurchasing the Rejuvacote because it's more reasonably priced and I can't tell a difference in the efficacy of the two.

I've had gel nails done for years and got tired of the time and $$ it requires and am thrilled I finally found 2 different products that have strengthened my forever-weak nails. My nails actually look GOOD now, and they stay really strong as long as I continue to use these (I tested both products by using one consistently on one hand and the other product on opposite hand) and I highly recommend either this Nailtiques product or the Rejuvacote!

UPDATE: This review relating to the Rejuvacote product is for the Formula 1 and/or 2, meaning either the forumula 1 or the formula 2 are superior, from my experience, to the regular ("plain") "Rejuvacote Nail Growth System". I accidentally purchased the "regular" product and it did not perform on my nails like the 1 and the 2 perform. The 2 is for super sensitive skin/nails and is formaldehyde free - that's the difference between the 1 and the 2. They both perform beautifully to correct weak, brittle nails and to create nail strength.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy grail product! I went through a period for about a year where my nails just went to shit. I went from having fairly strong nails to ones that peeled like crazy, and nothing else seemed to help. I tried giving my nails breaks from nail polish, I tried multiple different nail strengtheners (including Nail Envy and the regular Nailtiques Formula 2), I tried vitamins and I tried oiling my nails (tried both Bliss Kiss Simply Pure and CND Solar Oil) but none of that helped. My nails would never stop peeling long enough to grow out the damaged part of my nails, until I tried this stuff. It took time and patience for this product to work as it can't permanently seal off the parts of your nail that have already begun to peel, but when I used it daily it prevented new peeling and kept my nails "glued" together until they had grown out to the point that all of the damaged nail had been cut or filed off.

Even now, I use this product weekly as a base coat for my manicure to help keep my nails in shape and I haven't experienced any peeling in months. In fact, I think my nails are stronger now than they have ever been! It's even helped extend the life of my manicures as I can go 10-12 days without serious chipping, when that wouldn't have been possible before.

My only complaint for this product is that they don't make it in larger sizes! .25 oz is ridiculous small.

on 8/26/2016 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My life saver!!!! Tried Sally Hansen and OPI Nail Envy but they did nothing. Within 2 weeks I've seen good results.

on 7/15/2016 3:06:00 PM

I really wish I had taken before and after photos of my nails because they were in rough, rough shape my friends. Nailtiques has single-handedly turned them around. No joke.

I naturally have the woooorst dry, peely, problematic nails ever. Like, I always keep my nails polished not for the love of it - but to hide the nastiness that lurks underneath. Even worse, the polish would only last a day or two before looking terrible because of the peeling, and so it was a vicious cycle during which my nails could never heal. Anyhow, I picked up Nailtiques 2+ at Ulta about two months ago and ny nails currently have nary a flaw. It's not cheap, but I got the smaller bottle and it's still half full, and doesn't get thick and gloopy as time goes on.

My nails showed improvement almost immediately, but you have to let the damaged parts grow out to truly see the real effects. I am honestly amazed - I've used products that have helped the issue, but I never thought I would ever be rid of it. Of all my many reviews, this one for Nailtiques 2+ has the absolute LEAST amount of hyperbole, lol.

It is MIRACULOUS and has made my life so much easier by saving me time, lessening discomfort and self-consciousness...the $11-$17 is 100% worth it. If you have weak nails, RUN run run and get this stuff!

It is also just a real pleasure to use. Nice and smooooth, dries quickly. Brb, gonna go kiss my bottle.

on 6/23/2016 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My nails were horribly dry an were peeling halfway down the nail. I tried all sorts of treatments including Nail Envy, Solar Oil, Sally Hansen, Rejuvacote and jojoba oil. Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus was the treatment that finally saved my nails.

My before and after photos with no nail polish on in both pictures:

Full Size Image

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I go through this stuff like carzy. I use Nail Magic as a back up when I run out but this stuff is great. Definitely does something at repairing the nails but it isn't magic by any means at all but better than nothing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hi. This came out when I was in high school 25 years ago. I bought it at a tanning salon of all places! This is the best nail treatment ever. Over the years, I have tried practically everything, but nothing compares to this. I always have this on hand. It does get thick when you have used half the bottle, but now they have thinner you can buy. You have to follow the directions. I use this as a basecoat, and as a topcoat it works as well, if not better than any of them out there. You can use a coupon at Ulta, and I buy it there.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Any time my nails start looking like hot garbage, I use this for a couple days. It's so weird how they look better immediately...I swear, I can almost see them grow in front of my eyes. My mom is a reformed fake nail junkie and I've also gotten her hooked on this. She leaves it beside her nightstand, and thanked me profusely for the recommendation.

Top notch product, albeit at a top notch price, but sometimes you have to pay for results.

on 11/23/2015 11:10:00 PM

This is a remarkable product.

My fingernails have become very soft and fragile in the past year. I couldn't get them to grow beyond my fingertips because they peeled and split so much. I made some changes to remedy the issue: 1) I stopped using normal nail polish remover and switched to an oil-based one by Karma Naturals. Even the non-acetone remover was drying out my nails too much. 2) I began wearing rubber gloves to wash dishes and do other housework. 3) I began to use a cuticle cream 4) I tried a nail strengthener

I first tried OPI's Nail Envy because it seemed like a tried-and-tested formula. Unfortunately, even after 4+ weeks of using it in the recommended manner, my nails were still peeling and soft. They were strong enough while I had the Nail Envy on them, but I could actually see them peeling beneath the layer of product.

I got a small bottle of Nailtiques due to the glowing reviews here. I didn't expect there to be much of a difference since the active ingredient is the same, but fortunately for me, Nailtiques has exceeded my expectations. After 2 weeks of putting it on twice per week, I noticed my nails felt harder. After another week or so, my nails began growing past my fingertips more easily, with no peeling, splitting, or other issues. Now I apply the product once per week to maintain my results.

The only issue is that Nailtiques, like other formaldehyde-based hardeners, can make my nails a little too hard. They don't peel or split now, but they are more prone to snapping or breaking if I'm not careful. Even so, that's an OK trade-off since my nails grow faster now.

I was a little worried about yellowing, but haven't had any problems with this product. Actually, Nail Envy did yellow on me. I figured out that it's really the product yellowing due to exposure to sunlight. Tip: If you remove the product as soon as you notice the yellowing, then it will not stain your nail. Just apply a fresh coat and keep an eye on it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this product is my Holy Grail base coat!! let me give you a little background:
i've been into polish and painting my nails on a daily basis for about 3 years now. when things started out, my nails were very nice and would grow to a decent length before i finally had to chop or file them down because of damage done by work (i work in a factory- very hard on the nails)
after a year or so i started having issues with peeling and splits.. i used OPI nail envy for quite some time.. it worked well for awhile.
the issues got worse.. it got to the point where i was unable to grow my nails past stubs for about 6 months. they'd split, peel or break instantly. i tried everything!! all kinds of oils, treatments, base coats, wearing gloves at work.. nothing helped until i found this product.
that was about a month ago. my nails are so long right now, i can barely type this testimony! lol! they grow and grow and don't break or split or peel for anything!! it is like a miracle happened.
this stuff is VERY expensive!! but i will find a way to afford it- i have never had nails this healthy in my entire life. all i do is use it as a base coat before i polish. it works decently as a base- dries quickly, holds the polish on fairly well..
if you have problems with splitting or peeling nails due to stress and too much chemical exposure, i would highly recommend this product. i hope it works as well for you as it does for me. i am absolutely in love with this treatment

Popular Treatments