Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.5

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 8/26/2016 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My life saver!!!! Tried Sally Hansen and OPI Nail Envy but they did nothing. Within 2 weeks I've seen good results.

on 4/28/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My nails are prone to peeling and breaking; they're just weak and soft. The only way to avoid this is to never paint them again. That just feels sad. I take Biotin daily and have for the past several years. Who knows if it helps at all. I have had this Nailtiques product a while, and always forget to try it because the situation seems like a lost cause.

Recently though, most of my nails were peeling and the outermost sections would just break right off. I was so frustrated I reached for this again. In about 2 weeks, the peeling is under control. Existing peels did not "seal up" of course, but there is no further damage. As my nails grow, I am able to cut away the weak ends and grow stronger nails.

I use this once a day, and try to only remove it when it starts looking brown. That is the only complaint I have. After about 3 layers, the nails have a gross nicotine brown tinge and I have to remove it all. Not much of a problem, really.

I did not try the 2 Formula, because well I don't listen to rules I guess *shame*. I have never had adverse affects from 2Plus, but be advised it is recommended to try 2 first.

on 4/14/2015 4:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Never tried Formula 2 and went straight to using 2 Plus since I wanted a stronger formula. My nails naturally grow well, flex, and peel easily. This formula works extremely well for my type of nails. They rarely peel, and they're very hard/durable now. I use it even when I don't paint my nails with a color since it keeps them healthy/looking good. This also works nicely as a base coat for color polish when I feel like using it. It took at least a month or two for this treatment to have lasting effects, so give it at least a few applications before writing it off.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am so grateful for makeupalley for giving me a chance to discover this product.

I have been a lifelong nail biter. I always had short, peeling, stubby nails. Nails so soft that I never bothered to put nail polish on as it would simply peel away from my thin bendy nails. For the first time in my 32 years, i have long nails! I love flaunting my long graceful nails. I feel so pretty and I love buying nail polishes now.

When I run out of Protien plus, i will try the regular formula 2.

on 7/24/2013 2:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am so delighted with this stuff! I have always had weak nails that split across as soon as they got any white tips at all. My nails need white tips of at least 2-3mm just to reach the ends of the fingers. It didn't help that I bit them for years and would also attack the skin around them, which always got very dry even with copious amounts of hand cream. (Duh, probably because of the nibbling. Vicious circle time...) I tried Sally Hansen, Nail Envy and Opi Avoplex without success. With the latter two, the nails at least appeared to improve at first, but would still break frequently. But since finding Nailtiques - wow. I tried Nailtiques 2 first, which improved the nails but they still split across sometimes although getting to a decent length was actually looking possible. I then tried the 2+ formula and that's what has brought about stunning results. All the nails are now growing so well that I sometimes have to file them to keep them just past my fingertips, which is as long as I want them. They will break occasionally if I've kept them in water a lot or forgotten to apply the stuff regularly.
I follow the instructions carefully, using the stuff almost every day - it dries amazingly fast so this isn't a problem, it takes seconds to do - and take it off and renew every few days. It smells quite strong, but this dissipates immediately. It doesn't yellow the nails, and although quite shiny at first the shine mellows to a reasonably natural look in a few hours. I can't say exactly how long this takes as I have just noticed after a while that the nails are less wet-shiny looking. It does start to lift if immersed in hot water for any length of time. I think this occurs after it's been applied for a few days and is getting thicker build-up.
Now the nails look so good I don't want to bite them. Instead I keep surreptitiously admiring them when no-one's looking! I usually use a very gentle remover from Fresh Therapies too, and still need a lot of hand cream to keep the cuticles in good nick. But this is the only nail treatment I have found that actually does what it promises. I might even get brave enough to play around with some nail polish on top now!

Update and extra useful info - I think I have found THE most effective nail strengthener, even better than Nailtiques. I was recommended to massage CASTOR OIL (yes, the laxative/ allegedly labour-inducing stuff) into my hands at night to alleviate stiffness in the fingers. It apparently has anti-inflammatory properties. I have done this for several weeks now. It does seem to help with the stiffness, but who knew - it's even better than using Nailtiques alone - nails flexible and clearly stronger. I now have ten good nails even if I forget to apply Nailtiques. I don't know if any other oil would work as well, but this certainly does it! Under 4.00 on Amazon too, for organic, 50ml, and you need a few drops only each night.

on 12/24/2011 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have always had weak bendy nails that would chip off nail polish within literally an hour of putting it on. After going through a whole container (0.25 fl oz) putting a coat on every single day like the instructions say my nails are actually really strong! The aren't getting splits or peels as soon they usually do, now I can grow them out nice and long before I have to cut them, and I only have to cut them because they are getting too long and not because they are peeling! I had my mom get this too and her nails have always been worse than mine and now shes been able to grow them out for the first time in her life! It makes my nails whiter too. It works really well just for a nail polish base, it makes nail polish last much longer than with other bases. I recommend this to everyone who has had problem nails.

on 7/11/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

MY PROBLEM - I always had nice nails but occasionally have an issue with reoccurring flaking and weaker nails on my right hand index and middle fingers. About a year ago the flaking became significantly worse and affected more nails. In addition, two of my nails were barely growing past the base. Finally, my right hand middle finger nail was constantly tearing about halfway down the nail bed, resulting in painful weeks of growing out and filing. After about 3 cycles of the middle finger nail breaking I finally bought this product (after a failed attempt with some Sally Hanson product and nail hardener).

Does this work? Absolutely! After about 7 weeks of use everyday my nails are almost perfect and growing beautifully. The worst nails still look like they could flake a little but have not and my nails are generally looking health, long and even. They're even getting the fake nail look! You have to use this product exactly as directed (there's a little insert in the box with directions) -

1) Everyday! For the first two weeks I was varying how often I used it and it did nothing. About 3-4 weeks after I started using it everyday I noticed a significant improvement. I usually keep the bottle by my bedside and put on a coat before bed. It dries very quickly.

2) You have to remove it every 3-4 days. I don't get peeling but it definitely starts looking crusty. Also, it makes your nail yellow but that is easily fixed by buffing the nail when you remove/reapply.

3) Try to not wear nail polish until your nails start looking healthy. The dual purposes of this are to give your nail breathing room and allow you to apply Formula 2 everyday (it has to go under nail polish). Now days I don't even want to wear nail polish because my bare nails look so nice!

Bottom line - It works and is worth the price if you use it everyday, as directed.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Usually my nails grow super fast and are quite tough, but sometimes the edges peel. I tried a couple Sally Hansen things, but after no luck, I decided to "upgrade" to the Nailtiques and give them a shot. I used the formula as directed for three weeks, and did see a VERY slight decrease in peeling on most of my fingers. My thumbs still peel a lot though, and since those are the ones I was most hoping to fix, I'm not too thrilled. It did strengthen most of them, but it also turned my nails yellow/orange! Today is my fourth day without any Nailtiques formula, and already they're brighter and whiter like before. Maybe good if your nails are on their last leg, but if you just are hoping for a little help, I'd stay away. Too expensive, and can turn beautiful but weak nails into a yellow mess!

on 6/15/2008 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

No doubt, this did help my nails get longer... but it peels horribly. I typically do my nails at night, before bed, and by the time I'm on the train, this stuff is peeling off. I tried coating over it with OPI polish and topcoat, and it still comes right off. Moving on to Nail Tek by recommendation of a friendly manicurist. This is just too expensive for what it is.

on 3/20/2008 12:14:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Miracle in a tiny bottle. I knocked it down for the price, which is approx $10 USD for a 1/4 oz/7.4 ml bottle. That's quite a bit of money, but it lasts much longer than I expected. I definitely don't feel that all expensive products are a good value and worth the money, but this one is.

Before I used this product, my nails were peeling and breaking often. I'd just stopped biting my nails after years and years, so they were in bad shape. I tried lots of treatments, but the peeling and breaking persisted. Since using this product, both have stopped. I've had only one break and it was the one day I took a "break" and had no polish on. They day before, I reached into a box to pull something out and thought had a hard time extracting it. I thought, "Oh no, I'm going to break a nail. That wasn't very smart!" But I pulled my hand out with all my nails intact. The next day I removed the polish and dug into the same box with another hand. I broke a nail - the only time since I started using the product and it was the one day I wasn't wearing it.

The instructions say to put on a new coat every day, so after about 3 weeks, I bought a second bottle and took one to the office to put on when I forget. The information with the bottle says to expect the protein to turn the formula goopy and advises cleaning the bottle rim with special formula thinner after each use. I'm way too lazy and forgetful for that and haven't done it once. I am careful about not dripping the formula on the rim and closing the bottle tightly. After 2 months, my first bottle isn't goopy and there's about half left.

If I only use one coat, it WILL peel. I always make sure to put on a new coat every day and just add a coat a day for a week, then remove it and start over. If the polish starts to peel, I just add the new coat right over the old one. (Another reason having one bottle at home and one at the office has helped.) As long as I do that, peeling isn't much of an issue.

If tomorrow morning I lost both bottles, I would be at the store buying two new ones tomorrow evening. That's how much I love it.