Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.8

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy grail product! I went through a period for about a year where my nails just went to shit. I went from having fairly strong nails to ones that peeled like crazy, and nothing else seemed to help. I tried giving my nails breaks from nail polish, I tried multiple different nail strengtheners (including Nail Envy and the regular Nailtiques Formula 2), I tried vitamins and I tried oiling my nails (tried both Bliss Kiss Simply Pure and CND Solar Oil) but none of that helped. My nails would never stop peeling long enough to grow out the damaged part of my nails, until I tried this stuff. It took time and patience for this product to work as it can't permanently seal off the parts of your nail that have already begun to peel, but when I used it daily it prevented new peeling and kept my nails "glued" together until they had grown out to the point that all of the damaged nail had been cut or filed off.

Even now, I use this product weekly as a base coat for my manicure to help keep my nails in shape and I haven't experienced any peeling in months. In fact, I think my nails are stronger now than they have ever been! It's even helped extend the life of my manicures as I can go 10-12 days without serious chipping, when that wouldn't have been possible before.

My only complaint for this product is that they don't make it in larger sizes! .25 oz is ridiculous small.

on 6/23/2016 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My nails were horribly dry an were peeling halfway down the nail. I tried all sorts of treatments including Nail Envy, Solar Oil, Sally Hansen, Rejuvacote and jojoba oil. Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus was the treatment that finally saved my nails.

My before and after photos with no nail polish on in both pictures:

Full Size Image

on 11/23/2015 11:10:00 PM

This is a remarkable product.

My fingernails have become very soft and fragile in the past year. I couldn't get them to grow beyond my fingertips because they peeled and split so much. I made some changes to remedy the issue: 1) I stopped using normal nail polish remover and switched to an oil-based one by Karma Naturals. Even the non-acetone remover was drying out my nails too much. 2) I began wearing rubber gloves to wash dishes and do other housework. 3) I began to use a cuticle cream 4) I tried a nail strengthener

I first tried OPI's Nail Envy because it seemed like a tried-and-tested formula. Unfortunately, even after 4+ weeks of using it in the recommended manner, my nails were still peeling and soft. They were strong enough while I had the Nail Envy on them, but I could actually see them peeling beneath the layer of product.

I got a small bottle of Nailtiques due to the glowing reviews here. I didn't expect there to be much of a difference since the active ingredient is the same, but fortunately for me, Nailtiques has exceeded my expectations. After 2 weeks of putting it on twice per week, I noticed my nails felt harder. After another week or so, my nails began growing past my fingertips more easily, with no peeling, splitting, or other issues. Now I apply the product once per week to maintain my results.

The only issue is that Nailtiques, like other formaldehyde-based hardeners, can make my nails a little too hard. They don't peel or split now, but they are more prone to snapping or breaking if I'm not careful. Even so, that's an OK trade-off since my nails grow faster now.

I was a little worried about yellowing, but haven't had any problems with this product. Actually, Nail Envy did yellow on me. I figured out that it's really the product yellowing due to exposure to sunlight. Tip: If you remove the product as soon as you notice the yellowing, then it will not stain your nail. Just apply a fresh coat and keep an eye on it.

on 4/13/2014 10:04:00 AM

I have been using this for 10 days and the results are amazing. I have had weak, peeling, breaking nails my whole life and have tried so many "strengthening" treatments, this is the only one that has had significant results (healthy hoof cream is second best IMO).

My nails were in horrible shape when I picked this up, literally they were all misshapen, broken/peeled to a nub. After applying this everyday for the last 10 days the difference is shocking. I still have a few damaged nails that got slammed in a dresser drawer and are growing slower than the rest, but the other nails have now reached a perfect, pretty length, they are not peeling or chipping, and they are not breaking at all. They are SO much stronger, flexible, and healthy. I honestly had no idea a product could work this well. I need to go pick up a different formula in another week to maintain the results (except for the severely damaged nails, going to keep using 2plus on those). I will certainly update in another couple weeks as they progress.

This was a bit on the pricey side, 10$ for a tiny bottle, but who cares, the important thing is IT WORKS. And once I get into maintenance mode I will not need to apply daily anymore so it will last a lot longer. I couldn't recommend this product more.

on 1/2/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This shit WORKS. My nails do not peel any more at all. I'm halfway through one bottle - will buy again!

on 12/26/2013 8:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the only nail treatment that has worked for me. Even OPI Nail Envy can't compare to this. It really makes my nails a lot harder and helps with the chipping and all. I had really bad nails before, even if I kept them as short as I could they would still chip and crack. This along with Body Shop Hemp Handcreme has worked wonders and now I have the nails I've dreamt of. Highly recommend this!

on 5/28/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm crazy about this product! After a lifetime of weak, peeling nails I have finally found something that really works! For the first 6 weeks I used it almost every day, and cheated a little bit with colour polish. After that I had such good results I use it about 3 times a week. I've almost used up the bottle now and am about to order the formula 2 in hope it will maintain the great results I've had.

I'ts a bit on the expensive side (at least in Europe) but I think it's worth it! It's still alot cheaper than acrylics or other extensions. And it's an awesome base coat.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

it really make your nail stonger...but the bottle is hard to use.. a lot left at the end which can't use and got wasted..

on 9/13/2012 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Wow. I was ready to give up on my nails--they peeled, cracked and chipped. Flat out would not grow. As a last resort, I tried this. It takes a while, 3-4 weeks, but my gosh, worth the wait. I have nails I need to cut, and the demarcation between bed and tip is clear, whereas before the demarcation was blurred due to the excessive peeling. I try to put it on every day for 7 days. The formaldehyde worried me, that my nails would get brittle, and they don't. I do not find it excessively peels off my nail. The look is that of clear polish, very nice. I will use it as a base coat under polish when I start wearing it again.

it seems to be helping the cracked nail (length-wise split) sustained in a car door slam a few years back. ( I still need to glue the free end a bit.) but I was so tired of gel-ling this single nail. this may help me to finally have 10 long-ish nails.

It does thicken up, so it's good it's only 1/4 oz. $9.99, in CVS or Ulta.

on 5/12/2012 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After working in a bakery for a few years, my nails were shot from using them like tools. They were dry and would peel and break on the sides for no reason. Plus, two of my nails were damaged when I was younger and slammed them in a door. The two nails fell off and when they grew back they were super thin. They never ever would grow over the nail bed. I tried many products from sally hansen, opi, nail magic and nothing seemed to help. I saw nailtiques at ulta and decided to try the formula 2 plus nail protein. I apply everyday for 4 days then take it off the 4th night and apply thick creme for the night and then apply the next morning. I have repeated this for 3 weeks and OMG! My horrid nails are starting to look good now. I cant stop looking at them. Theyre not amazing yet but I know with this product theyre going to eventually get there. Even my two nails that never ever would grow are growing! I am going to continue to use the formula2 plus until its gone then move to the regular formula 2. I dont care about price $9.50 USD is not bad (even tho the bottle is super small) The product works so thats all that matters.

Popular Treatments