Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.3

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 4/28/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My nails are prone to peeling and breaking; they're just weak and soft. The only way to avoid this is to never paint them again. That just feels sad. I take Biotin daily and have for the past several years. Who knows if it helps at all. I have had this Nailtiques product a while, and always forget to try it because the situation seems like a lost cause.

Recently though, most of my nails were peeling and the outermost sections would just break right off. I was so frustrated I reached for this again. In about 2 weeks, the peeling is under control. Existing peels did not "seal up" of course, but there is no further damage. As my nails grow, I am able to cut away the weak ends and grow stronger nails.

I use this once a day, and try to only remove it when it starts looking brown. That is the only complaint I have. After about 3 layers, the nails have a gross nicotine brown tinge and I have to remove it all. Not much of a problem, really.

I did not try the 2 Formula, because well I don't listen to rules I guess *shame*. I have never had adverse affects from 2Plus, but be advised it is recommended to try 2 first.

This is an amazing product... As someone who used to be a terrible nail biter I thought my nails would never be able to grow strong, as even after I managed to stop biting them they'd break and peel and never grow. I tried many strengtheners etc which helped a bit but after reading reviews of this I thought I'd try it and I'm so glad I have!! I've been using it for about 2 months and my nails are like claws! They just keep growing and I don't have the heart to cut my new beautiful long nails.
My two middle fingernails were the worst for peeling and would split and not grow at all but now one of them has no peeling at all and the other has very slight peeling at the top if I look carefully but nothing that is going to break the nail. My two index fingernails are still peeling slightly but not badly enough that I need to cut them down. All my other nails are super strong and smooth, I don't even like to paint my nails anymore because they look so nice natural with a layer of this on for some shine.
I accidentally bought formula 2 plus thinking it was just formula 2 because I don't use fake nails/gels etc so I didn't think I'd need it but I'm glad I ended up with this one because it's made such a nice difference to my nails! I wish I had before and after photos!

on 9/11/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great for weak, thin, peeling nails but do not over do it - take breaks and read about how to correctly re-protein/ize your nails.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Saved my nails like it was God and my nails were sinning. I had constant splitting of the nails since I had stopped wearing acrylic and they wouldn't grow for anything. I used this twice (a week apart from each use) before I started seeing results. It's an amazing nail base as well, keeping my polish on much longer and making my nails way more durable.

on 12/26/2013 8:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the only nail treatment that has worked for me. Even OPI Nail Envy can't compare to this. It really makes my nails a lot harder and helps with the chipping and all. I had really bad nails before, even if I kept them as short as I could they would still chip and crack. This along with Body Shop Hemp Handcreme has worked wonders and now I have the nails I've dreamt of. Highly recommend this!

on 7/24/2013 2:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am so delighted with this stuff! I have always had weak nails that split across as soon as they got any white tips at all. My nails need white tips of at least 2-3mm just to reach the ends of the fingers. It didn't help that I bit them for years and would also attack the skin around them, which always got very dry even with copious amounts of hand cream. (Duh, probably because of the nibbling. Vicious circle time...) I tried Sally Hansen, Nail Envy and Opi Avoplex without success. With the latter two, the nails at least appeared to improve at first, but would still break frequently. But since finding Nailtiques - wow. I tried Nailtiques 2 first, which improved the nails but they still split across sometimes although getting to a decent length was actually looking possible. I then tried the 2+ formula and that's what has brought about stunning results. All the nails are now growing so well that I sometimes have to file them to keep them just past my fingertips, which is as long as I want them. They will break occasionally if I've kept them in water a lot or forgotten to apply the stuff regularly.
I follow the instructions carefully, using the stuff almost every day - it dries amazingly fast so this isn't a problem, it takes seconds to do - and take it off and renew every few days. It smells quite strong, but this dissipates immediately. It doesn't yellow the nails, and although quite shiny at first the shine mellows to a reasonably natural look in a few hours. I can't say exactly how long this takes as I have just noticed after a while that the nails are less wet-shiny looking. It does start to lift if immersed in hot water for any length of time. I think this occurs after it's been applied for a few days and is getting thicker build-up.
Now the nails look so good I don't want to bite them. Instead I keep surreptitiously admiring them when no-one's looking! I usually use a very gentle remover from Fresh Therapies too, and still need a lot of hand cream to keep the cuticles in good nick. But this is the only nail treatment I have found that actually does what it promises. I might even get brave enough to play around with some nail polish on top now!

Update and extra useful info - I think I have found THE most effective nail strengthener, even better than Nailtiques. I was recommended to massage CASTOR OIL (yes, the laxative/ allegedly labour-inducing stuff) into my hands at night to alleviate stiffness in the fingers. It apparently has anti-inflammatory properties. I have done this for several weeks now. It does seem to help with the stiffness, but who knew - it's even better than using Nailtiques alone - nails flexible and clearly stronger. I now have ten good nails even if I forget to apply Nailtiques. I don't know if any other oil would work as well, but this certainly does it! Under 4.00 on Amazon too, for organic, 50ml, and you need a few drops only each night.

on 5/12/2012 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After working in a bakery for a few years, my nails were shot from using them like tools. They were dry and would peel and break on the sides for no reason. Plus, two of my nails were damaged when I was younger and slammed them in a door. The two nails fell off and when they grew back they were super thin. They never ever would grow over the nail bed. I tried many products from sally hansen, opi, nail magic and nothing seemed to help. I saw nailtiques at ulta and decided to try the formula 2 plus nail protein. I apply everyday for 4 days then take it off the 4th night and apply thick creme for the night and then apply the next morning. I have repeated this for 3 weeks and OMG! My horrid nails are starting to look good now. I cant stop looking at them. Theyre not amazing yet but I know with this product theyre going to eventually get there. Even my two nails that never ever would grow are growing! I am going to continue to use the formula2 plus until its gone then move to the regular formula 2. I dont care about price $9.50 USD is not bad (even tho the bottle is super small) The product works so thats all that matters.

on 11/20/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My nails are thin and weak. They split at the sides. Formula 2 Plus made my nails feel harder, but it didn't stop my nails from splitting at the sides.
Additionally, Formula 2 PLUS made my nails, hands, and arms ache. I had to remove my entire manicure. Too much protein, I guess.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This clear nail polish really does make nails grow faster, stronger, & more evenly. The only downside is, it starts to peel only after a day. I recommend using another polish over it. Its also pricey.

on 5/24/2009 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am 46 and have been wearing nail polish for 33 years. I have tried every type of product out there. Nailtiques truly is a miracle product. This literally, in 2 weeks, made my peeling, dry, nails so strong that at one point I actually used one like a screwdriver when doing a home repair.
The downside: After about a month of using this product, my nails BROKE RIGHT OFF. Yep. All 10 of them. I was later told that you're not meant to keep using it for more than 2 weeks--you need to go to one of the other formulas to maintain....
This was about 5 years ago and at the time, this price seemed so expensive to me that I gave up on Nailtiques in disgust because I couldn't imagine buying TWO bottles!
Now older, more financially secure, but with even drier nails, I have since tried OPI and it does NOTHING, so I'm considering going back to the Nailtiques again.

Popular Treatments