Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by skin type : Other
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 7/31/2013 7:34:00 PM

I love this stuff. After getting gels (which I stupidly peeled off myself--I know, dumb) over two years ago, my nails just would never grow. No matter which products I used (and I used a lot of them), I had very weak, peeling nails. Someone from the nail board recommended this stuff, saying it had worked for her, so I went out and bought it. At only $9.50 at Ulta, I figured, why not. I have used it now for almost a month and my nails are radically and finally stronger and no longer peeling!

I use the stuff exactly as described in the instructions. I put it on every day and take it off a few days to a week later with non-acetone polish remover, only to start the process again. I've also not worn and nail polish besides this stuff since I started using it. That was extremely hard for me to do at the beginning of the process, but now my nails look so good that I'm excited to show them off.

My only complaint would be the packaging. I don't mind that it is a small bottle, but once the product got a little more than 3/4 to the bottom, it has become very difficult to get out enough to make a clean coat. But the pros far outweigh the cons and my mother (who gave me my weak nails to start with) has bought a bottle for herself after watching mine grow.

I am so happy to have found this product!

on 10/28/2006 12:45:00 AM

I have been using this for about a month, and it is practically miraculous. I bought it one day because I was in a beauty supply store and my nails were at the worst I have ever seen them. They were peeling and splitting horizontally and vertically. It's not a nutrition problem, so I suspect it was a combination of age, abuse (I type 10 hours or so a day) and some over-aggressive manicures. This stuff said it was for really, really bad nails, so I took a $9.95 blind dive for a tiny bottle. I cut my nails back to as short as I could, then started using it. I can't believe the results! A month later, I have long nails. (Well, as long as I like. Most people would consider them a bit more than medium.) Nails that were broken far below the bed have grown out. They're strong enough so that I can actually use them to open things! I followed the directions slavishly: One coat, every day. Remove the product every 3-4 days. The stuff dries so quickly that I can go through my morning routine (hair washing tends to make it loosen/peel a bit), put my jacket on, find my keys, THEN put the product on. By the time I'm out of the house, it's dry enough so there are no smudges. The downside: My nails now look so good that I am yearning to start wearing colored nail polish again... but I think I should go through this whole bottle (perhaps another month) before I step down to the plain step 2. Bottom line: If you're desperate, throw out every Sally Hansen product you have ever purchased. Spend twice what one bottle of whatever you can buy in a drugstore would cost. Then give this stuff two weeks, and tell me whether I am exaggerating.

Popular Treatments