Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.5

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hi. This came out when I was in high school 25 years ago. I bought it at a tanning salon of all places! This is the best nail treatment ever. Over the years, I have tried practically everything, but nothing compares to this. I always have this on hand. It does get thick when you have used half the bottle, but now they have thinner you can buy. You have to follow the directions. I use this as a basecoat, and as a topcoat it works as well, if not better than any of them out there. You can use a coupon at Ulta, and I buy it there.

on 4/28/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My nails are prone to peeling and breaking; they're just weak and soft. The only way to avoid this is to never paint them again. That just feels sad. I take Biotin daily and have for the past several years. Who knows if it helps at all. I have had this Nailtiques product a while, and always forget to try it because the situation seems like a lost cause.

Recently though, most of my nails were peeling and the outermost sections would just break right off. I was so frustrated I reached for this again. In about 2 weeks, the peeling is under control. Existing peels did not "seal up" of course, but there is no further damage. As my nails grow, I am able to cut away the weak ends and grow stronger nails.

I use this once a day, and try to only remove it when it starts looking brown. That is the only complaint I have. After about 3 layers, the nails have a gross nicotine brown tinge and I have to remove it all. Not much of a problem, really.

I did not try the 2 Formula, because well I don't listen to rules I guess *shame*. I have never had adverse affects from 2Plus, but be advised it is recommended to try 2 first.

on 4/7/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My index finger on my right hand has always had a tendency to peel, despite the fact that I take biotin every day. But over a month ago I had 3 nails peeling on my right hand...and when they grew out the littlest bit, the top of the nail would just peel off again before the nail even grew beyond the nail bed! I was getting soooo frustrated!

I came to this site looking for something that might help, and came across this product. I ordered it from Amazon for $9 after shipping, which is about the same price as an OPI polish. I've used it for 2 weeks, and I LOVE it!!!! It may not be a miracle product (my nails don't seem to be growing any faster) but it has certainly allowed my nails the strength to grow without breaking! The directions say that if you feel a burning you should stop using it or use it less often, but I don't feel any sensation at all. It looks and feels just like a strong base coat. (I've been putting the polish on every night before bed, layering it on top of the layer(s) from the night before...then took it off after a week and started again....and I took it off today to start another week.)

The top 3 pictures are my nails before the first use (you can see they are colored yellow from a strong brown polish I had used.) The bottom 2 pictures are from 2 weeks later (today.) If you look closely, you can see the peeling on my index and middle fingers of my right hand. Again, not a miracle nail grower...but imo a miracle nail strengthener!

Edit: May 1...I've been putting this product on my nails just about every day, and not taking it off unless it started peeling (which was about every week) then starting over. No nail-breaks all month until two days ago when I peeled off the polish, but decided not to re-polish until I went to bed...only to discover that one of my nails had broken in between times! It doesn't seem that this polish actually strengthens YOUR nails per se, but it definitely strengthens them while the polish is on them (which is still great imo!) In fact, I hit my pinkie nail on a printer at work the other day, and it bent backward 2mm into the nail bed and still didn't break! (But I had to cut it way down because my nail bed hurt every time my nail hit something.) My index fingernail was very long until yesterday when I hit it on the side of something...and it broke a piece off sideways so I just had to file the nail to be skinnier...but the rest of the nail was still very strong, and I didn't even have to re-polish it. I don't know about using this product with colored nail polish because I've just been using it alone every day, but I actually feel even sorrier for my previous self whose nails were always breaking, because now they're so easy to keep up! I was right to be so frustrated before :)

Edit: June 19. So I've decided this stuff actually DOES strengthen your nails when you've used it long enough because my nails are VERY strong without anything on them! But it took 2 months or so. Now I can put a layer of this on, put the polish on that I want, and put another layer of the this stuff over it as a top coat. (It really does help to let the color dry a minute or two, then dip your hand in ice cold water to dry the color completely...otherwise my polish was too pliable and would literally "move and tear" an hour or two later because of not drying all the way through.) Here are some quick pics I took at around the 2 month mark, just to show the nail growth in that time period.

Update: January 2016. I still LOVE this stuff!!!! Although I was going through it rather quickly since I use it as a base and top coat, even on my toes. So I finally took a chance on the cheaper Formula 2 version (not the plus) about 3 weeks ago. It's not as "gooey"...a little thinner...but it seems to work just as well at keeping my nails strong and keeping my polish looking nice. But honestly, my nails are now stronger with nothing on them at all so the real proof will be in a few months when the nails that have been treated with the plus version have grown out. I'll update again in a few months, but for now if your nails are doing well on the plus version, I do recommend trying the non-plus for less money.

I have noticed, as a side note, that when my nails DO break (more than a chip off the end), they tend to break down in my nail bed. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but ouch! It's only happened maybe 3 times and it might be my fault (trying to open a bathroom drawer from the side so it hit my thumb nail instead of using the drawer knob) but they do at least grow out faster now. And it's actually very difficult to cut my thumb nails now with a nail clipper because they're so thick and strong. YEAH!!!!!

This is an amazing product... As someone who used to be a terrible nail biter I thought my nails would never be able to grow strong, as even after I managed to stop biting them they'd break and peel and never grow. I tried many strengtheners etc which helped a bit but after reading reviews of this I thought I'd try it and I'm so glad I have!! I've been using it for about 2 months and my nails are like claws! They just keep growing and I don't have the heart to cut my new beautiful long nails.
My two middle fingernails were the worst for peeling and would split and not grow at all but now one of them has no peeling at all and the other has very slight peeling at the top if I look carefully but nothing that is going to break the nail. My two index fingernails are still peeling slightly but not badly enough that I need to cut them down. All my other nails are super strong and smooth, I don't even like to paint my nails anymore because they look so nice natural with a layer of this on for some shine.
I accidentally bought formula 2 plus thinking it was just formula 2 because I don't use fake nails/gels etc so I didn't think I'd need it but I'm glad I ended up with this one because it's made such a nice difference to my nails! I wish I had before and after photos!

on 9/11/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great for weak, thin, peeling nails but do not over do it - take breaks and read about how to correctly re-protein/ize your nails.

on 7/24/2014 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

No pun intended, this is hands down the best thing I have done for my nails, I would never be without it as I noticed when I ran out in less then a week my nails were peeling and chipping. I have used this for two decades . At one point I purchased that pink gel nail coat which waaay overpriced and worse than that my nails peeled within eight hours of using. I also use the OPI nail strengthener under two coats of Nailtiques, although not necessary I like the buildup effect.

ATTENTION: I thought I was reviewing the regular number 2 formula not this one...BIG difference, I am sorry to whomever I steered wrong.

Yup, it actually works. I am one of those people that is going to say that they have tried everything for their nails and nothing worked. I now have a combination of products that works for me so that my nails do not peel. That is my number one nail issue- super peely nails especailly my index fingers. Now I use nailtiques formula 2+. You have to give it a while- like at least three weeks, before you can say whether it is really working for you. I used it as directed for close to a month. Now I use it as a base coat when I have my nails done, which is most of the time, or have bare nails. Another product I have used in conjuction that I love so much is the Nutra Nail odor free nondamaging polish remover. I really do think it is this combo that has helped my nails so much. I think if I removed the nailtiques with regular polish remover, even acetone free, my nails would still be a bit peely. The Nutra Nail remover does not leave my nails dry. My nails would always seem dry after I removed polish with cutex or whatever other brand- usually acetone but even the acetone free. SO I would highly highly recommend this combination!
Added 11/16/16: I started using this again to try to grow out my nails. And again, it works. You just have to be really patient and consistent. I apply it daily and have done so for the past month and a half. And only now are my nails looking much better. They were quite peely and damaged partly from the gel manis I had gotten. I only use nutranail non-damaging polish remover which isn't so drying and I think that helps. I also moisturizer very frequently. Some reviews said this made a difference in days. For me, it took st least a month of consistent use to really work but if you keep at it, it really does work! It does tend to get thick before you make it through the whole bottle but nailtiques has a product for that too (to thin it out). Seems to work pretty well.

on 4/20/2014 2:22:00 PM

BUY IT! ok so I'm one of those people who hates to spend a lot of money on most things. I'm cheap. and this is not cheap. I got my teeny tiny bottle for $10 and I was shocked how little it was, but the reviews were all so good I went for it and I'm so so glad I did. Background on my nails. They were weak, flaked off and peeled like old wallpaper. They broke constantly and no matter what I tried nothing helped. I've tried most things listed below that others have tried all with absolutely no change in my poor nails. Finally it got so bad I couldn't even run my fingers through my hair without breaking a nail. Something had to be done. This was recommended by a youtuber. I wish I could remember her name I'd send her flowers. The reviews they aren't lying, this really does honestly work! I had to not wear nail polish for about month which sucked cause I'm addicted to doing my nails, but once again, the results were totally worth it. I put a fresh coat on my nails everyday for 5 days then took all the coats off and started again. I did this for two weeks straight then I did a coat every other day for two more weeks. then i started using it a base coat under my nail polish, every time I did my nails. It's been about three months and I haven't broken a nail in a month. There is almost no flaking on my nails now and they have gotten so long I needed to cut them back cause I kept scratching my self and my boyfriend (be careful what you ask for) The nail polish does get thicker but I didn't find it was a ridiculous amount. the brush doesn't seem to go all the way down so you kind of have to fish for it when you get to the bottom of the bottle, which I am at now after three months. I can't say if the results will last without using the treatment as I am still using it off and on at this point. However I will definitely repurchase if my nails start getting bad again. If you want healthier nails this is absolutely worth the money. It is something that truly does work.

on 1/2/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This shit WORKS. My nails do not peel any more at all. I'm halfway through one bottle - will buy again!

on 12/28/2013 5:01:00 AM

This is the only thing that has worked for me. My nails are normally like layers of rice paper at the ends and never seem to grow. I tried this years ago, but I am not very good with the correct routine and gave up even though it was working.

I tried it again a couple of years ago but this time I follow the directions except I just slap it on the tips every day (sometimes in very low light) rather than trying to be perfect. Sometimes I do not remove it for a couple of weeks and just keep doing the tips. Since it is clear, it is hard to see how it really looks, but when I put strong ready readers on I know it is time to stop being lazy and to start from scratch.

My nails are now strong and a perfect length, but I do have to keep an eye on them because they grow too long now.