Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.2

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

4 bottles used (almost 5!) and I've seen no improvement in my nails, only worsening of my nails while using this. A year ago I decided to stop doing my nail dip at home cause it just consumes too much time so I removed it and let my nails grow out on their own all the while using Nailtiques religiously but seeing no results at all but still choosing to stick with it, hoping for a miracle. Then this spring came and I stopped doing anything with my nails, even Nailtiques cause I saw no improvements in my nails at all and I got lazy and stopped focusing on nails and nail polish.
Then in July my nails started growing in so long, beautiful and healthy without any help from Nailtiques, just religiously oiling my nails and cuticles as I've always done so I started back on the polish bandwagon again with polishing my nails. And then sadly cold weather came and my nails started up again with snapping, cracking and breaking so I started using Nailtiques again. Big mistake because this stuff has stunted my nail growth pretty bad, my nails used to grow quickly and now they are barely growing and I noticed an increase in cracks. Today I have a new crack on my left thumbnail where I never get a crack at. I know my nails very well so I know the area where this new crack is isn't normal for my nails. I'm right handed yet my middle and ring fingernails have cracked and snapped off right where the skin is attached to the nail. Ouch.
I will be going back to my nail dip which I hate to do but I have many, many bottles of polish and I'm tired of sitting around waiting for my nails to hopefully get healthy with this overpriced stuff, it's like trying to watch a tree grow.
Also, for this tiny itsy bitty bottle it sure is expensive! 1/3 of the way down on a new bottle and it's already so very thick. Trying to apply it to your nail once the polish gets down to almost gone is impossible because you're able to do half a nail then you shake the bottle to coat the brush, get some polish on the brush, go back to apply to the rest of the nail and the brush picks up what you just put onto your nail! I don't have the patience for that! Also, this stuff takes forever to dry but also dries quick so like I mentioned above, you try to go over the rest of the nail you end up picking up what you just applied to the nail. This stuff chips off my nails quickly which renders this "treatment" useless if it's chipping off the nails so bad. And to make it worse, this stuff peels off my nails too taking off the top layer of my nail. My nails never peel. They just crack at the sidewalls on certain nails yet they cracked on nails I never get cracks at.
I should have known better considering my hair hates protein so of course my nails would hate protein also.
Never again will I try to make this overpriced, overhyped stuff work. If it works for you then lucky you.
Also, how would this stuff work once the nails you treated are already grown out? Makes no sense that it would actually help the nail once the treated nails have grown out.
This is MY experience with this product. Don't get mad that I'm knocking it down to the lowest possible rating just because it worked for you and didn't work for me. I gave this stuff a fair shot. Consider yourself lucky that it actually DID in fact work for you.
Also, I did contact Nailtiques about which formula I should use, they suggested I use the 2+ Formula so I know I didn't use the wrong one and perhaps that's why I didn't have positive results from Nailtiques.

on 8/1/2014 9:08:00 PM

If there's one product I would swear by, it would be this! As a previous nail biter for years who also got gel extensions regularly, my nails were battered, thin, peeling and would not grow. Some of my nail beds were so thin it hurt, so I decided to do something about it. After trying OPI's Nail Envy and various Sally Hansen products (which did nothing for my nails) I got this after seeing the good reviews. When I started applying it, I got really bad burning on one or two of my nails (the most damaged ones), but it really is worth it. After a couple of weeks, my nails which previously wouldn't grow even near my fingertips were beautiful, healthy, with natural white tips. By no means were they very strong, but they were definitely getting there. I could wear nail polish on my natural nails which was my dream!! If it works for me, it will work for anyone with very problematic nails.

on 7/31/2013 7:34:00 PM

I love this stuff. After getting gels (which I stupidly peeled off myself--I know, dumb) over two years ago, my nails just would never grow. No matter which products I used (and I used a lot of them), I had very weak, peeling nails. Someone from the nail board recommended this stuff, saying it had worked for her, so I went out and bought it. At only $9.50 at Ulta, I figured, why not. I have used it now for almost a month and my nails are radically and finally stronger and no longer peeling!

I use the stuff exactly as described in the instructions. I put it on every day and take it off a few days to a week later with non-acetone polish remover, only to start the process again. I've also not worn and nail polish besides this stuff since I started using it. That was extremely hard for me to do at the beginning of the process, but now my nails look so good that I'm excited to show them off.

My only complaint would be the packaging. I don't mind that it is a small bottle, but once the product got a little more than 3/4 to the bottom, it has become very difficult to get out enough to make a clean coat. But the pros far outweigh the cons and my mother (who gave me my weak nails to start with) has bought a bottle for herself after watching mine grow.

I am so happy to have found this product!

on 5/22/2010 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I must have the weakest nails on the planet. They break off and peel like crazy. No nail product has ever worked for me--until this one. I was very skeptical at first, but this stuff really works. My nails are so much stronger now and they're actually growing! Best of all, this product starts working immediately. You’ll see results in only a week or so.

My hands look so pretty now, thanks to Nailtiques. This product is truly a miracle worker. It may be a little pricey, but it's definitely worth every penny. This is simply amazing!!!

on 4/23/2006 6:30:00 AM

This is a miracle for nails! I had REALLY grossly damaged nails.. On my thumb, the middle was completely split, and there were deep horizontal ridges near the bottom. On my index finger, there were deep vertical ridges. I thought my nails could never be fixed.. Then I read about this in a magazine, and went to buy it. The price is outrageous, (I think it was 20$ CDN for a 7.5 mL bottle), but it was really worth it. It made my nails as healthy as they were before in such a short time (I saw improvement after a couple of days), and it did not shape them weirdly. Before, I tried a Sally Hansen Protein Formula, which kind of worked but made my nailbed lumpy and uneven. I don't know why it would do that, since I don't understand how these Formulas work, but the Nailtiques one had no problems like that. I started out with the Formula 2 Plus, I know it says to start with the 1 or 2, but it doesn't matter anyway. If you're desperate, like I was, try this, but if your nails are OKAY, then try a cheaper Sally Hansen formula.

Popular Treatments