Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.7

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 1/6/2013 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

After going through about 5 bottles of Nailtiques Formula 2 over a couple years using on and off, I have finally surrendered to the fact that it makes my nails worse! I have thin, bendy nails that peel a lot in cold weather. I kept wanting it to do its trick, but my nails became even MORE brittle and soft! I'd put it on religiously every day for a week and it would PEEL off so fast! I'd remove it, then start again, and WOW! 5 bottles later I finally gave up!!!
Also, the polish gets thick very quickly, and the top separates from the brush part - on EVERY bottle I bought!
Every time I took a break from it, my nails would get better! Will keep looking for a good nail strengthener!

on 11/20/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

My nails are thin and weak. They split at the sides. Formula 2 Plus made my nails feel harder, but it didn't stop my nails from splitting at the sides.
Additionally, Formula 2 PLUS made my nails, hands, and arms ache. I had to remove my entire manicure. Too much protein, I guess.

This clear nail polish really does make nails grow faster, stronger, & more evenly. The only downside is, it starts to peel only after a day. I recommend using another polish over it. Its also pricey.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Usually my nails grow super fast and are quite tough, but sometimes the edges peel. I tried a couple Sally Hansen things, but after no luck, I decided to "upgrade" to the Nailtiques and give them a shot. I used the formula as directed for three weeks, and did see a VERY slight decrease in peeling on most of my fingers. My thumbs still peel a lot though, and since those are the ones I was most hoping to fix, I'm not too thrilled. It did strengthen most of them, but it also turned my nails yellow/orange! Today is my fourth day without any Nailtiques formula, and already they're brighter and whiter like before. Maybe good if your nails are on their last leg, but if you just are hoping for a little help, I'd stay away. Too expensive, and can turn beautiful but weak nails into a yellow mess!

on 6/15/2008 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

No doubt, this did help my nails get longer... but it peels horribly. I typically do my nails at night, before bed, and by the time I'm on the train, this stuff is peeling off. I tried coating over it with OPI polish and topcoat, and it still comes right off. Moving on to Nail Tek by recommendation of a friendly manicurist. This is just too expensive for what it is.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I go through this stuff like carzy. I use Nail Magic as a back up when I run out but this stuff is great. Definitely does something at repairing the nails but it isn't magic by any means at all but better than nothing.

on 4/28/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My nails are prone to peeling and breaking; they're just weak and soft. The only way to avoid this is to never paint them again. That just feels sad. I take Biotin daily and have for the past several years. Who knows if it helps at all. I have had this Nailtiques product a while, and always forget to try it because the situation seems like a lost cause.

Recently though, most of my nails were peeling and the outermost sections would just break right off. I was so frustrated I reached for this again. In about 2 weeks, the peeling is under control. Existing peels did not "seal up" of course, but there is no further damage. As my nails grow, I am able to cut away the weak ends and grow stronger nails.

I use this once a day, and try to only remove it when it starts looking brown. That is the only complaint I have. After about 3 layers, the nails have a gross nicotine brown tinge and I have to remove it all. Not much of a problem, really.

I did not try the 2 Formula, because well I don't listen to rules I guess *shame*. I have never had adverse affects from 2Plus, but be advised it is recommended to try 2 first.

on 9/11/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great for weak, thin, peeling nails but do not over do it - take breaks and read about how to correctly re-protein/ize your nails.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. Do not hesitate to buy it.

Ever since I used acrylic nails TWO YEARS AGO my nails have been wrecked. They were dry, flexible/bending, peeling and always chipping. I could never have a pretty manicure for more than an hour and it'd chip right off. I was literally about to give up and then my mom told me about Nailtiques so I went to ULTA and bought it. Literally after only ONE WEEK, I saw amazing results. It's been about 2 and a half weeks now and my nails are growing so quickly and strong that I already need to file them.

This stuff works. Seriously. It's a bit pricey and that's why I gave it a 4, but I consider totally worth it because of the results it gives so quickly and how strong it has made my nails after years of problems. I always spend a little bit extra on beauty products like this just because I know it'll get it right the first time versus trying tons of products that don't do anything.

Here is a before and after picture after literally only the FIRST WEEK!:

Full Size Image

I bought this after reading all the great reviews on here. My nails were thin and would peel as soon as the whites of my nails started to grow. I've been using this nearly every day for about 6 weeks now. At first i didn't think it as working for me, it took about 3-4 weeks for me to start to see a difference in my nails. Now they are much stronger, they still occasionally peel but no where near as much as before. The product does tend to build up around the top of the bottle, but it can be removed with nail polish remover. The packaging says to apply one coat every day for a week, but i find it tends to peel off after about 5 days so i removed it and started again when it started to peel off.

I would definitely recommend this product, although it is quite pricey but it is worth it!