Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.6

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

4 bottles used (almost 5!) and I've seen no improvement in my nails, only worsening of my nails while using this. A year ago I decided to stop doing my nail dip at home cause it just consumes too much time so I removed it and let my nails grow out on their own all the while using Nailtiques religiously but seeing no results at all but still choosing to stick with it, hoping for a miracle. Then this spring came and I stopped doing anything with my nails, even Nailtiques cause I saw no improvements in my nails at all and I got lazy and stopped focusing on nails and nail polish.
Then in July my nails started growing in so long, beautiful and healthy without any help from Nailtiques, just religiously oiling my nails and cuticles as I've always done so I started back on the polish bandwagon again with polishing my nails. And then sadly cold weather came and my nails started up again with snapping, cracking and breaking so I started using Nailtiques again. Big mistake because this stuff has stunted my nail growth pretty bad, my nails used to grow quickly and now they are barely growing and I noticed an increase in cracks. Today I have a new crack on my left thumbnail where I never get a crack at. I know my nails very well so I know the area where this new crack is isn't normal for my nails. I'm right handed yet my middle and ring fingernails have cracked and snapped off right where the skin is attached to the nail. Ouch.
I will be going back to my nail dip which I hate to do but I have many, many bottles of polish and I'm tired of sitting around waiting for my nails to hopefully get healthy with this overpriced stuff, it's like trying to watch a tree grow.
Also, for this tiny itsy bitty bottle it sure is expensive! 1/3 of the way down on a new bottle and it's already so very thick. Trying to apply it to your nail once the polish gets down to almost gone is impossible because you're able to do half a nail then you shake the bottle to coat the brush, get some polish on the brush, go back to apply to the rest of the nail and the brush picks up what you just put onto your nail! I don't have the patience for that! Also, this stuff takes forever to dry but also dries quick so like I mentioned above, you try to go over the rest of the nail you end up picking up what you just applied to the nail. This stuff chips off my nails quickly which renders this "treatment" useless if it's chipping off the nails so bad. And to make it worse, this stuff peels off my nails too taking off the top layer of my nail. My nails never peel. They just crack at the sidewalls on certain nails yet they cracked on nails I never get cracks at.
I should have known better considering my hair hates protein so of course my nails would hate protein also.
Never again will I try to make this overpriced, overhyped stuff work. If it works for you then lucky you.
Also, how would this stuff work once the nails you treated are already grown out? Makes no sense that it would actually help the nail once the treated nails have grown out.
This is MY experience with this product. Don't get mad that I'm knocking it down to the lowest possible rating just because it worked for you and didn't work for me. I gave this stuff a fair shot. Consider yourself lucky that it actually DID in fact work for you.
Also, I did contact Nailtiques about which formula I should use, they suggested I use the 2+ Formula so I know I didn't use the wrong one and perhaps that's why I didn't have positive results from Nailtiques.

on 1/6/2013 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

After going through about 5 bottles of Nailtiques Formula 2 over a couple years using on and off, I have finally surrendered to the fact that it makes my nails worse! I have thin, bendy nails that peel a lot in cold weather. I kept wanting it to do its trick, but my nails became even MORE brittle and soft! I'd put it on religiously every day for a week and it would PEEL off so fast! I'd remove it, then start again, and WOW! 5 bottles later I finally gave up!!!
Also, the polish gets thick very quickly, and the top separates from the brush part - on EVERY bottle I bought!
Every time I took a break from it, my nails would get better! Will keep looking for a good nail strengthener!

on 11/20/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

My nails are thin and weak. They split at the sides. Formula 2 Plus made my nails feel harder, but it didn't stop my nails from splitting at the sides.
Additionally, Formula 2 PLUS made my nails, hands, and arms ache. I had to remove my entire manicure. Too much protein, I guess.

This clear nail polish really does make nails grow faster, stronger, & more evenly. The only downside is, it starts to peel only after a day. I recommend using another polish over it. Its also pricey.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Usually my nails grow super fast and are quite tough, but sometimes the edges peel. I tried a couple Sally Hansen things, but after no luck, I decided to "upgrade" to the Nailtiques and give them a shot. I used the formula as directed for three weeks, and did see a VERY slight decrease in peeling on most of my fingers. My thumbs still peel a lot though, and since those are the ones I was most hoping to fix, I'm not too thrilled. It did strengthen most of them, but it also turned my nails yellow/orange! Today is my fourth day without any Nailtiques formula, and already they're brighter and whiter like before. Maybe good if your nails are on their last leg, but if you just are hoping for a little help, I'd stay away. Too expensive, and can turn beautiful but weak nails into a yellow mess!

on 6/15/2008 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

No doubt, this did help my nails get longer... but it peels horribly. I typically do my nails at night, before bed, and by the time I'm on the train, this stuff is peeling off. I tried coating over it with OPI polish and topcoat, and it still comes right off. Moving on to Nail Tek by recommendation of a friendly manicurist. This is just too expensive for what it is.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I go through this stuff like carzy. I use Nail Magic as a back up when I run out but this stuff is great. Definitely does something at repairing the nails but it isn't magic by any means at all but better than nothing.

on 4/28/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My nails are prone to peeling and breaking; they're just weak and soft. The only way to avoid this is to never paint them again. That just feels sad. I take Biotin daily and have for the past several years. Who knows if it helps at all. I have had this Nailtiques product a while, and always forget to try it because the situation seems like a lost cause.

Recently though, most of my nails were peeling and the outermost sections would just break right off. I was so frustrated I reached for this again. In about 2 weeks, the peeling is under control. Existing peels did not "seal up" of course, but there is no further damage. As my nails grow, I am able to cut away the weak ends and grow stronger nails.

I use this once a day, and try to only remove it when it starts looking brown. That is the only complaint I have. After about 3 layers, the nails have a gross nicotine brown tinge and I have to remove it all. Not much of a problem, really.

I did not try the 2 Formula, because well I don't listen to rules I guess *shame*. I have never had adverse affects from 2Plus, but be advised it is recommended to try 2 first.

on 9/11/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great for weak, thin, peeling nails but do not over do it - take breaks and read about how to correctly re-protein/ize your nails.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. Do not hesitate to buy it.

Ever since I used acrylic nails TWO YEARS AGO my nails have been wrecked. They were dry, flexible/bending, peeling and always chipping. I could never have a pretty manicure for more than an hour and it'd chip right off. I was literally about to give up and then my mom told me about Nailtiques so I went to ULTA and bought it. Literally after only ONE WEEK, I saw amazing results. It's been about 2 and a half weeks now and my nails are growing so quickly and strong that I already need to file them.

This stuff works. Seriously. It's a bit pricey and that's why I gave it a 4, but I consider totally worth it because of the results it gives so quickly and how strong it has made my nails after years of problems. I always spend a little bit extra on beauty products like this just because I know it'll get it right the first time versus trying tons of products that don't do anything.

Here is a before and after picture after literally only the FIRST WEEK!:

Full Size Image