Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by hair type : Curly age: 56 & Over
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

1 review

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 7/24/2013 2:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am so delighted with this stuff! I have always had weak nails that split across as soon as they got any white tips at all. My nails need white tips of at least 2-3mm just to reach the ends of the fingers. It didn't help that I bit them for years and would also attack the skin around them, which always got very dry even with copious amounts of hand cream. (Duh, probably because of the nibbling. Vicious circle time...) I tried Sally Hansen, Nail Envy and Opi Avoplex without success. With the latter two, the nails at least appeared to improve at first, but would still break frequently. But since finding Nailtiques - wow. I tried Nailtiques 2 first, which improved the nails but they still split across sometimes although getting to a decent length was actually looking possible. I then tried the 2+ formula and that's what has brought about stunning results. All the nails are now growing so well that I sometimes have to file them to keep them just past my fingertips, which is as long as I want them. They will break occasionally if I've kept them in water a lot or forgotten to apply the stuff regularly.
I follow the instructions carefully, using the stuff almost every day - it dries amazingly fast so this isn't a problem, it takes seconds to do - and take it off and renew every few days. It smells quite strong, but this dissipates immediately. It doesn't yellow the nails, and although quite shiny at first the shine mellows to a reasonably natural look in a few hours. I can't say exactly how long this takes as I have just noticed after a while that the nails are less wet-shiny looking. It does start to lift if immersed in hot water for any length of time. I think this occurs after it's been applied for a few days and is getting thicker build-up.
Now the nails look so good I don't want to bite them. Instead I keep surreptitiously admiring them when no-one's looking! I usually use a very gentle remover from Fresh Therapies too, and still need a lot of hand cream to keep the cuticles in good nick. But this is the only nail treatment I have found that actually does what it promises. I might even get brave enough to play around with some nail polish on top now!

Update and extra useful info - I think I have found THE most effective nail strengthener, even better than Nailtiques. I was recommended to massage CASTOR OIL (yes, the laxative/ allegedly labour-inducing stuff) into my hands at night to alleviate stiffness in the fingers. It apparently has anti-inflammatory properties. I have done this for several weeks now. It does seem to help with the stiffness, but who knew - it's even better than using Nailtiques alone - nails flexible and clearly stronger. I now have ten good nails even if I forget to apply Nailtiques. I don't know if any other oil would work as well, but this certainly does it! Under 4.00 on Amazon too, for organic, 50ml, and you need a few drops only each night.