Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by age: 44-55
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.8

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hi. This came out when I was in high school 25 years ago. I bought it at a tanning salon of all places! This is the best nail treatment ever. Over the years, I have tried practically everything, but nothing compares to this. I always have this on hand. It does get thick when you have used half the bottle, but now they have thinner you can buy. You have to follow the directions. I use this as a basecoat, and as a topcoat it works as well, if not better than any of them out there. You can use a coupon at Ulta, and I buy it there.

on 9/11/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great for weak, thin, peeling nails but do not over do it - take breaks and read about how to correctly re-protein/ize your nails.

on 4/27/2014 12:41:00 PM

Love this product! I have dry, peeling nails. At first I bought Nailtiques 2 and used it for two months without any visible results. Then I bought Nailtiques 2 plus, and wow: within a month I became healthy nails! I highly recommend this product!

on 12/28/2013 5:01:00 AM

This is the only thing that has worked for me. My nails are normally like layers of rice paper at the ends and never seem to grow. I tried this years ago, but I am not very good with the correct routine and gave up even though it was working.

I tried it again a couple of years ago but this time I follow the directions except I just slap it on the tips every day (sometimes in very low light) rather than trying to be perfect. Sometimes I do not remove it for a couple of weeks and just keep doing the tips. Since it is clear, it is hard to see how it really looks, but when I put strong ready readers on I know it is time to stop being lazy and to start from scratch.

My nails are now strong and a perfect length, but I do have to keep an eye on them because they grow too long now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My nails were thin, soft, and bendable....no nail length at all. I have been using Nailtiques 2 Plus for about 2 weeks and they are starting to grow past the tips of my fingers! I will post pictures later, I have a Before Picture...will add an After picture later.

This stuff works wonders and is as good as everyone says it is!

One thing I will say, I tried the Nailtiques nail lacquer and was not impressed. I used the Plus 2 formula as a base coat, used two coats of the lacquer, and then Seche Vite top coat. The nail polish chipped within a day and the vinyl-like protection to my nails peeled off in the shower like a heavy layer of plastic.

Once my nails are grown out to a good length I will just go back to regular nail polish.

This strengthening formula really does work!!

on 9/13/2012 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Wow. I was ready to give up on my nails--they peeled, cracked and chipped. Flat out would not grow. As a last resort, I tried this. It takes a while, 3-4 weeks, but my gosh, worth the wait. I have nails I need to cut, and the demarcation between bed and tip is clear, whereas before the demarcation was blurred due to the excessive peeling. I try to put it on every day for 7 days. The formaldehyde worried me, that my nails would get brittle, and they don't. I do not find it excessively peels off my nail. The look is that of clear polish, very nice. I will use it as a base coat under polish when I start wearing it again.

it seems to be helping the cracked nail (length-wise split) sustained in a car door slam a few years back. ( I still need to glue the free end a bit.) but I was so tired of gel-ling this single nail. this may help me to finally have 10 long-ish nails.

It does thicken up, so it's good it's only 1/4 oz. $9.99, in CVS or Ulta.

on 5/24/2009 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am 46 and have been wearing nail polish for 33 years. I have tried every type of product out there. Nailtiques truly is a miracle product. This literally, in 2 weeks, made my peeling, dry, nails so strong that at one point I actually used one like a screwdriver when doing a home repair.
The downside: After about a month of using this product, my nails BROKE RIGHT OFF. Yep. All 10 of them. I was later told that you're not meant to keep using it for more than 2 weeks--you need to go to one of the other formulas to maintain....
This was about 5 years ago and at the time, this price seemed so expensive to me that I gave up on Nailtiques in disgust because I couldn't imagine buying TWO bottles!
Now older, more financially secure, but with even drier nails, I have since tried OPI and it does NOTHING, so I'm considering going back to the Nailtiques again.

on 7/19/2007 6:30:00 PM

WOW! This is the first product to motivate me to write a review - it's that good! My nails had gone from bad to worse, peeling, splitting, until they were all right down to the quick. This, applied daily, has grown them all out to between 1/8 and 1/4". when I manicure my nails weekly with nail base, polish, this and top coat. I tried Qtica, OPI's Nail Envy and Sally Hansen, all of which did nothing. This tiny bottle is $10 but it's worth every penny to me.

on 10/28/2006 12:45:00 AM

I have been using this for about a month, and it is practically miraculous. I bought it one day because I was in a beauty supply store and my nails were at the worst I have ever seen them. They were peeling and splitting horizontally and vertically. It's not a nutrition problem, so I suspect it was a combination of age, abuse (I type 10 hours or so a day) and some over-aggressive manicures. This stuff said it was for really, really bad nails, so I took a $9.95 blind dive for a tiny bottle. I cut my nails back to as short as I could, then started using it. I can't believe the results! A month later, I have long nails. (Well, as long as I like. Most people would consider them a bit more than medium.) Nails that were broken far below the bed have grown out. They're strong enough so that I can actually use them to open things! I followed the directions slavishly: One coat, every day. Remove the product every 3-4 days. The stuff dries so quickly that I can go through my morning routine (hair washing tends to make it loosen/peel a bit), put my jacket on, find my keys, THEN put the product on. By the time I'm out of the house, it's dry enough so there are no smudges. The downside: My nails now look so good that I am yearning to start wearing colored nail polish again... but I think I should go through this whole bottle (perhaps another month) before I step down to the plain step 2. Bottom line: If you're desperate, throw out every Sally Hansen product you have ever purchased. Spend twice what one bottle of whatever you can buy in a drugstore would cost. Then give this stuff two weeks, and tell me whether I am exaggerating.

Popular Treatments