Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Filtered by age: 30-35
Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein
Formula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail ProteinFormula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy grail product! I went through a period for about a year where my nails just went to shit. I went from having fairly strong nails to ones that peeled like crazy, and nothing else seemed to help. I tried giving my nails breaks from nail polish, I tried multiple different nail strengtheners (including Nail Envy and the regular Nailtiques Formula 2), I tried vitamins and I tried oiling my nails (tried both Bliss Kiss Simply Pure and CND Solar Oil) but none of that helped. My nails would never stop peeling long enough to grow out the damaged part of my nails, until I tried this stuff. It took time and patience for this product to work as it can't permanently seal off the parts of your nail that have already begun to peel, but when I used it daily it prevented new peeling and kept my nails "glued" together until they had grown out to the point that all of the damaged nail had been cut or filed off.

Even now, I use this product weekly as a base coat for my manicure to help keep my nails in shape and I haven't experienced any peeling in months. In fact, I think my nails are stronger now than they have ever been! It's even helped extend the life of my manicures as I can go 10-12 days without serious chipping, when that wouldn't have been possible before.

My only complaint for this product is that they don't make it in larger sizes! .25 oz is ridiculous small.

on 7/15/2016 3:06:00 PM

I really wish I had taken before and after photos of my nails because they were in rough, rough shape my friends. Nailtiques has single-handedly turned them around. No joke.

I naturally have the woooorst dry, peely, problematic nails ever. Like, I always keep my nails polished not for the love of it - but to hide the nastiness that lurks underneath. Even worse, the polish would only last a day or two before looking terrible because of the peeling, and so it was a vicious cycle during which my nails could never heal. Anyhow, I picked up Nailtiques 2+ at Ulta about two months ago and ny nails currently have nary a flaw. It's not cheap, but I got the smaller bottle and it's still half full, and doesn't get thick and gloopy as time goes on.

My nails showed improvement almost immediately, but you have to let the damaged parts grow out to truly see the real effects. I am honestly amazed - I've used products that have helped the issue, but I never thought I would ever be rid of it. Of all my many reviews, this one for Nailtiques 2+ has the absolute LEAST amount of hyperbole, lol.

It is MIRACULOUS and has made my life so much easier by saving me time, lessening discomfort and self-consciousness...the $11-$17 is 100% worth it. If you have weak nails, RUN run run and get this stuff!

It is also just a real pleasure to use. Nice and smooooth, dries quickly. Brb, gonna go kiss my bottle.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Any time my nails start looking like hot garbage, I use this for a couple days. It's so weird how they look better immediately...I swear, I can almost see them grow in front of my eyes. My mom is a reformed fake nail junkie and I've also gotten her hooked on this. She leaves it beside her nightstand, and thanked me profusely for the recommendation.

Top notch product, albeit at a top notch price, but sometimes you have to pay for results.

on 11/23/2015 11:10:00 PM

This is a remarkable product.

My fingernails have become very soft and fragile in the past year. I couldn't get them to grow beyond my fingertips because they peeled and split so much. I made some changes to remedy the issue: 1) I stopped using normal nail polish remover and switched to an oil-based one by Karma Naturals. Even the non-acetone remover was drying out my nails too much. 2) I began wearing rubber gloves to wash dishes and do other housework. 3) I began to use a cuticle cream 4) I tried a nail strengthener

I first tried OPI's Nail Envy because it seemed like a tried-and-tested formula. Unfortunately, even after 4+ weeks of using it in the recommended manner, my nails were still peeling and soft. They were strong enough while I had the Nail Envy on them, but I could actually see them peeling beneath the layer of product.

I got a small bottle of Nailtiques due to the glowing reviews here. I didn't expect there to be much of a difference since the active ingredient is the same, but fortunately for me, Nailtiques has exceeded my expectations. After 2 weeks of putting it on twice per week, I noticed my nails felt harder. After another week or so, my nails began growing past my fingertips more easily, with no peeling, splitting, or other issues. Now I apply the product once per week to maintain my results.

The only issue is that Nailtiques, like other formaldehyde-based hardeners, can make my nails a little too hard. They don't peel or split now, but they are more prone to snapping or breaking if I'm not careful. Even so, that's an OK trade-off since my nails grow faster now.

I was a little worried about yellowing, but haven't had any problems with this product. Actually, Nail Envy did yellow on me. I figured out that it's really the product yellowing due to exposure to sunlight. Tip: If you remove the product as soon as you notice the yellowing, then it will not stain your nail. Just apply a fresh coat and keep an eye on it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this product is my Holy Grail base coat!! let me give you a little background:
i've been into polish and painting my nails on a daily basis for about 3 years now. when things started out, my nails were very nice and would grow to a decent length before i finally had to chop or file them down because of damage done by work (i work in a factory- very hard on the nails)
after a year or so i started having issues with peeling and splits.. i used OPI nail envy for quite some time.. it worked well for awhile.
the issues got worse.. it got to the point where i was unable to grow my nails past stubs for about 6 months. they'd split, peel or break instantly. i tried everything!! all kinds of oils, treatments, base coats, wearing gloves at work.. nothing helped until i found this product.
that was about a month ago. my nails are so long right now, i can barely type this testimony! lol! they grow and grow and don't break or split or peel for anything!! it is like a miracle happened.
this stuff is VERY expensive!! but i will find a way to afford it- i have never had nails this healthy in my entire life. all i do is use it as a base coat before i polish. it works decently as a base- dries quickly, holds the polish on fairly well..
if you have problems with splitting or peeling nails due to stress and too much chemical exposure, i would highly recommend this product. i hope it works as well for you as it does for me. i am absolutely in love with this treatment

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am so grateful for makeupalley for giving me a chance to discover this product.

I have been a lifelong nail biter. I always had short, peeling, stubby nails. Nails so soft that I never bothered to put nail polish on as it would simply peel away from my thin bendy nails. For the first time in my 32 years, i have long nails! I love flaunting my long graceful nails. I feel so pretty and I love buying nail polishes now.

When I run out of Protien plus, i will try the regular formula 2.

Yup, it actually works. I am one of those people that is going to say that they have tried everything for their nails and nothing worked. I now have a combination of products that works for me so that my nails do not peel. That is my number one nail issue- super peely nails especailly my index fingers. Now I use nailtiques formula 2+. You have to give it a while- like at least three weeks, before you can say whether it is really working for you. I used it as directed for close to a month. Now I use it as a base coat when I have my nails done, which is most of the time, or have bare nails. Another product I have used in conjuction that I love so much is the Nutra Nail odor free nondamaging polish remover. I really do think it is this combo that has helped my nails so much. I think if I removed the nailtiques with regular polish remover, even acetone free, my nails would still be a bit peely. The Nutra Nail remover does not leave my nails dry. My nails would always seem dry after I removed polish with cutex or whatever other brand- usually acetone but even the acetone free. SO I would highly highly recommend this combination!
Added 11/16/16: I started using this again to try to grow out my nails. And again, it works. You just have to be really patient and consistent. I apply it daily and have done so for the past month and a half. And only now are my nails looking much better. They were quite peely and damaged partly from the gel manis I had gotten. I only use nutranail non-damaging polish remover which isn't so drying and I think that helps. I also moisturizer very frequently. Some reviews said this made a difference in days. For me, it took st least a month of consistent use to really work but if you keep at it, it really does work! It does tend to get thick before you make it through the whole bottle but nailtiques has a product for that too (to thin it out). Seems to work pretty well.

on 4/13/2014 10:04:00 AM

I have been using this for 10 days and the results are amazing. I have had weak, peeling, breaking nails my whole life and have tried so many "strengthening" treatments, this is the only one that has had significant results (healthy hoof cream is second best IMO).

My nails were in horrible shape when I picked this up, literally they were all misshapen, broken/peeled to a nub. After applying this everyday for the last 10 days the difference is shocking. I still have a few damaged nails that got slammed in a dresser drawer and are growing slower than the rest, but the other nails have now reached a perfect, pretty length, they are not peeling or chipping, and they are not breaking at all. They are SO much stronger, flexible, and healthy. I honestly had no idea a product could work this well. I need to go pick up a different formula in another week to maintain the results (except for the severely damaged nails, going to keep using 2plus on those). I will certainly update in another couple weeks as they progress.

This was a bit on the pricey side, 10$ for a tiny bottle, but who cares, the important thing is IT WORKS. And once I get into maintenance mode I will not need to apply daily anymore so it will last a lot longer. I couldn't recommend this product more.

on 7/31/2013 7:34:00 PM

I love this stuff. After getting gels (which I stupidly peeled off myself--I know, dumb) over two years ago, my nails just would never grow. No matter which products I used (and I used a lot of them), I had very weak, peeling nails. Someone from the nail board recommended this stuff, saying it had worked for her, so I went out and bought it. At only $9.50 at Ulta, I figured, why not. I have used it now for almost a month and my nails are radically and finally stronger and no longer peeling!

I use the stuff exactly as described in the instructions. I put it on every day and take it off a few days to a week later with non-acetone polish remover, only to start the process again. I've also not worn and nail polish besides this stuff since I started using it. That was extremely hard for me to do at the beginning of the process, but now my nails look so good that I'm excited to show them off.

My only complaint would be the packaging. I don't mind that it is a small bottle, but once the product got a little more than 3/4 to the bottom, it has become very difficult to get out enough to make a clean coat. But the pros far outweigh the cons and my mother (who gave me my weak nails to start with) has bought a bottle for herself after watching mine grow.

I am so happy to have found this product!

on 5/28/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm crazy about this product! After a lifetime of weak, peeling nails I have finally found something that really works! For the first 6 weeks I used it almost every day, and cheated a little bit with colour polish. After that I had such good results I use it about 3 times a week. I've almost used up the bottle now and am about to order the formula 2 in hope it will maintain the great results I've had.

I'ts a bit on the expensive side (at least in Europe) but I think it's worth it! It's still alot cheaper than acrylics or other extensions. And it's an awesome base coat.