3.8

price range

Reviews

1.0

9 years ago

I'm with the last reviewer - I hate this scent. It's very very spicy, almost cinnamon and nutmeg-y and smells very unpleasant to my nose. I used it for a while to see if I'd get accustomed to it, and I did not. I tried to pawn it off on my husband, but he refused to use it. I even tried to use it on my dogs as dog shampoo and I hated the way it smelled on them too. So, I hate to say it, but this stuff is getting tossed! :(

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

1.0

10 years ago

I think I am the only one here who can't stand the smell of this product! It is an average body wash that smells terrible, at least to me.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

I bought the small gift set after Christmas of 2008 for about $7 (Vanilla Spice Soap, Small Shower Gel & Lotion). I love the Vanilla scent. As for the gel, I used it with a small white towel in the shower. It lathers up quite nicely and smells really good. It's 4 stars instead of 5, taking 1 star because it's drying due to glycerine. I don't have a problem with it though as I always use a body lotion or oil after bathing. I definitely recommend this as I find myself always looking forward to bathing everyday. After a bath, you can still smell the scent in the bathroom. :) I finished the whole small bottle. I recommend though that you try the small bottle first before buying the bigger one, so if you don't like the smell or if it's too strong, you can just use it for handwashing. ^^

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

11 years ago

OMG! I can't believe I'm JUST reviewing this. I've had this wonderful shower gel for a couple years now. I absolutely LOVE it! The warm aroma of rich spices mingled with the zesty freshness of orange peel is just amazing. It's the perfect mood lifter during the fall & winter months. I've found that TBSs' shower gels have the most authentic fragrances and are of very good quality. There's no wierd plastic or chemical notes in these. My second favorite is their Satsuma shower gel. Pure heaven! You've got to try them!

About reviewer (726 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Dark

HairBlack

from

12 years ago

I love, love this scent. It's a very warm vanilla/cinnamon scent and when you're using it in the shower the heat makes it smell even better. They only bring this out at Christmas (unfortunately) so you need to stock up (and quickly-this sells out fast).

About reviewer (148 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

12 years ago

A really lovely spiced vanilla gel, this is only available during the holidays, and I hope they bring it back. I don't crave this one as often as their regular Vanilla body products, but it's a very warm and cozy vanilla, and it layers well with other gourmand scents, vanillas, and even woods like sandalwood scents, or incense. It is fabulous layered with CSP Vanille Canelle. I really hope they bring it back this Christmas, and offer an oil perfume or EDT to go with it. Yummy!

About reviewer (1125 reviews)

Age

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

13 years ago

Dear lord! PLEASE Body shop PLEASE bring this back next Christmas! I LOVE the smell with a passion! OMG sooo nice!! The only hang up I have is that it doesn't lather as well as shower gel should. Leaves my skin clean and smooth :)

About reviewer (349 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

from

13 years ago

I love this-the smell is so delicious. It smells just like it says-warm vanilla with a spicy note. I feel good every time I smell this. It is the same quality as all body shop shower gels, cleans well, lathers well, not too drying. This is my favourite scent!

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Other

EyesHazel

14 years ago

I just took a shower with this, and it smells wonderful! A warm, wintery scent-vanilla and cinnamon! Yummm...Lather is just average-I do have to use quite a bit to get it going. Still, I really think TBS beats BBW in terms of shower gels and more exotic scents. Don't overlook these, girls! I highly recommend them.

About reviewer (339 reviews)

SkinCombination

14 years ago

Ah! That smell! A unique mix of sweet vanilla and Christmas-type spices that is unique, lovely, yummy, addictive. I've first smelled the Vanilla Spice shower gel after reading positive reviews on the B&B board. My expectations were high and I was a bit afraid that the product will let me down. It was not the case! I bought the shower gel for its smell, but I fast dicovered that its texture, foam and packaging are also excellent. It is moisturising enough for my normal skin and foams well. When I use it, I then use the body butter in the same smell, to make it last longer. I hope the Body Shop will sell this next year too!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age30-35